[Solved] New Vilayer server, Traders Not working at all 1.0.3.1 - 1.0.4.2

imnotamexican1

Question

So I've been running my own private server of my computer for the last couple of weeks, and yesterday started up a server with Vilayer, everything was easy and worked fine until i went to the traders. The Menu's of the trader works, however, whenever i click a Tab (Eg. at Weapons dealer> Click on the Snipers Tab) It says Loading Items for about half a second, then goes blank, and none of the items load. I have gone through and gone through over and over again trying to find an error or a reason this is happening, and have so far had no luck. I have even reinstalled the whole server including the Database and still no luck. I thought it could be a simple problem with an old update trying to run as 1.0.3.1, but after looking into it, it doesn't seem logical for it to be the issue.

Does someone have any information which could help me with this? Please take into consideration i am new to running servers and would be what you call a Newbie with Hosting and Scripting.

I uploaded a video of my problem here to show you exactly what's happening at every trader i go to.

Solution:

Guys, I should have shared my fix a few months ago when i had this problem, I just encountered it again when I opened another server.

1st, go into your MySQL database (I Use Navicat), Load your trader_tids table. If you only see around 300 entries, then you need to apply the standard epoch Database. So to fix, Go to Epochmod.com and download the server files, Then Extract them (To wherever you want).

20qnrxy.png

Now go back into your MySql Database, Open your epoch table, and now you need to Exectue SQL File. On Navicat I just right click anywhere in the table page and click on it. If you use a different MySQL Database, just google how to install SQLs with your software.

2mg5hqu.png

Then you locate your server Files you just downloaded, Pretty straight forward but heres a pic anyway

2d0m7gl.png

Now you need to find your epoch.sql file. It will be located here; DayZ_Epoch_Server_1.0.4.2a_Release>SQL  When you find it, Load it, then start the install.

vpav7c.png

After your Epoch SQL has downloaded, just close the window and refresh your tables (f5 on navicat), you should then notice about 600 trader_tids lines for all instances of epoch.

33dyqft.pngYours will not be 601 entries, this is a different SQL file...

I tried doing this in simple english so people without tech knowledge could understand (like myself), any other problems I'll reply faster next time.

Cheers fellas

8 answers to this question

Looks like a database issue to me, as the trader menu's pull the info from the database. 

If it's not there, or the game cant read it, you cant buy anything.

Any errors in your RPT file?

I looked through the RPT, the only errors that came up were the following which should not be any reason for why the traders are not functioning.

18:10:34 "ERROR: server_playerSync: Cannot Sync Player (CGI) Chadwick Hunter [1]. Position in debug! [-7240.79,19537.5,0.492615]"
18:10:54 Error: Bone leftshoulder doesn't exist in some skeleton 
18:10:54 Error: Bone rightshoulder doesn't exist in some skeleton 

I believe i have found the reason this is happening.
I went into my Server_traders.sqf and investigated the trader TID's and then went into the database to see whether they match up. for some reason, my Epoch database is only half complete, and only goes up to Trader TID number 303, when my Server_traders.sqf traders start at TID # 478 for Hero Trader Ammunition.
So I am pretty convinced this is the reason for why no objects appear in the menu after clicking the tabs, because they have no information linked in the queries.

post-10202-0-85068200-1388651069_thumb.p