The way I set up my private server.....

11Hotel

Question

Hi all!

I've been a frequent browser of the forums for some time now and have gained a lot of useful information from all of the great members on here.

I have now registered on the forums and am posting for the first time with the hope that some of what I've learned can help others having similar issues.

I can't describe in detail all of the issues I've had, but can sum them up and try to explain, step-by-step, what has helped me.

First, I've been playing DayZ for about 289 days...at least that's how long my original DayZ mod character has survived. :)

I've been doing a lot of research, and watch a lot of videos on YouTube about DayZ...then I came across this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3vgAWLF-8M

So, I tried to set the server up like the video said. I ran into a few problems with moving files around, but finally got it up and runnning. Since then, I have installed SargeAI and it works great. I tried to install server-side missions and broke it though. After numerous uninstalls and reinstalls I still was not able to get it running, with various messages being the problem like:

No Entry, MPTable, CommunityCA Assets, Keys not signed, etc.

Now, 31DEC2013, I have it working again, and here is what I did:

1. Uninstalled Arma2, Arma2OA, and Arma2OA Beta.

2. Delete the Arma profiles in C:\Documents\User\Name\Appdata

3. Reboot, reinstall Arma2 from Steam, run it once and set up a profile.

4. Reinstall Arma2OA from Steam, run it once, set up or make sure my profile from Arma2 is there.

3. Reinstall Arma2OA Beta patch, run it and make sure you see "Expansions" at the main screen. Also, copy Arma2OA.exe beta from Expansion\Beta into the main Arma2OA folder (it will replace the original Arma2OA, so make a backup before you replace it).

4. Run DayZ Commander and install DayZ and DayZ Epoch.

5. Find a DayZ server through DayZ Comamnder and join it, then abort after you spawn and exit back to DayZ Commander.

6. Do the same but this time join an Epoch Server.

7. Create a folder on C drive (it can be anywhere, that is where I have mine) called "DayZ Server"

8. Copy your Arma2 folder to the DayZ Server folder.

9. Copy your Arma2OA folder to the DayZ Server folder.

10. Download the Epoch Server files and extract to your DayZ Server folder.

11. Open the Instance 11 Chernarus folder and using Notepad or Notepad++ modify the HiveExt.dll and config.cfg (see server install instructions)

12. Start SQL server using a program like xampp.

13. I use Navicat Lite to create the databases from the video above. I start by importing the epoch.sql and then the 1_0_3Updates.sql

14. Use the bat file for Chernarus to start the Epoch server. Join the game.

I hope this helps.....and don't be afraid to browse the forums if you run into an issue.....this is a helpful community!

11Hotel

3 answers to this question

Why doesn't the server download on Dayzepoch.com have an update for any of the instances (instance_11_Chernarus.. etc)?

Mine has "DayZ Epoch Chernarus Server (1.0.2.4/103718)" as the default name. Will this affect anything or should i just carry on?

In the config.cfg file under the instance****

sorry, forgot to add that