Plot pole requirement has ruined base building.

arcooke

Please consider doing something different with the plot poles.

It takes about 5 minutes for me and my buddy to knock down someone's concrete base wall/door with sledgehammers.  Another 10 seconds to knock down their plot pole.  Six 10oz gold gone with almost no effort.  Base materials are far too easy to break and plot poles are far too expensive.  They have, in my opinion, ruined base building in Epoch.

It takes quite a long time for my two-man team to earn the gold for a plot pole, only for it to be destroyed in no time by a player passing by.  And then once its destroyed, you can't rebuild, repair, or maintain your base until you earn another six 10oz gold for a plot pole.  But wait, there's more... you can't even PLACE your plot pole until you have enough materials saved up to rebuild the walls that were destroyed.. otherwise someone will just walk right in and break your new plot pole.  Meanwhile the clock is ticking on your window of base maintenance before wall sections disappear.  

I appreciate the work that has gone into this mod, and I'm sure you have your reasons for making it this way, but the plot pole requirement has ruined base building.  

My suggestion: Make it so plot poles are not required, but placing a plot pole will double the strength of base parts in a 30m radius.  I think that would make it useful and worth its price, without giving small teams and solo players a severe disadvantage.

It takes about 5 minutes for me and my buddy to knock down someone's concrete base wall/door with sledgehammers.  Another 10 seconds to knock down their plot pole.  Six 10oz gold gone with almost no effort.  Base materials are far too easy to break and plot poles are far too expensive.  They have, in my opinion, ruined base building in Epoch.

It takes quite a long time for my two-man team to earn the gold for a plot pole, only for it to be destroyed in no time by a player passing by.  And then once its destroyed, you can't rebuild, repair, or maintain your base until you earn another six 10oz gold for a plot pole.  But wait, there's more... you can't even PLACE your plot pole until you have enough materials saved up to rebuild the walls that were destroyed.. otherwise someone will just walk right in and break your new plot pole.  Meanwhile the clock is ticking on your window of base maintenance before wall sections disappear.  

I appreciate the work that has gone into this mod, and I'm sure you have your reasons for making it this way, but the plot pole requirement has ruined base building.  

My suggestion: Make it so plot poles are not required, but placing a plot pole will double the strength of base parts in a 30m radius.  I think that would make it useful and worth its price, without giving small teams and solo players a severe disadvantage.

If you own your own server, u can disable the need for the plotpole, and you can also change the trader prices. If you do not own ur own server, talk to your server owner. 

In real life, you and a friend with a sledge hammer could really bust through a cinder block wall in about five minutes, so it is realistic in that sense, which I think most people like. On our server, we have indestructible base building, but people can maintain an individual piece to make it destructible.

Agreed other people doing anything bad will ruin anything good.

The point is that the current plot pole system makes griefing a lot easier.  The plot pole "protects" your area system was better for the builder and that's something we can control universally where the player types per server are not.

I welcome this change as I am one of those people that roll in with crowbars, toolboxes and my own plot pole just to screw up people's plans.

What ruins base building is people that run around trying to ruin other people's bases!!! People like you! 

• 2 weeks later...

In real life, you and a friend with a sledge hammer could really bust through a cinder block wall in about five minutes, so it is realistic in that sense, which I think most people like. On our server, we have indestructible base building, but people can maintain an individual piece to make it destructible.

In real life, you would probably be asleep in the base, and wake up to the sound of sledgehammers.  You then grab your rifle and ambush them.

Our server has indestructible bases & no plot poles.

Certain items built are protected after each restart, items built between restarts (every 3 hours) can be destroyed but afterwards cannot.

We do use plot poles to protect bases once built so no one can build block them.

Maintenance set to every 90 days.

Item build limit set to 400 per area.

Happy players!

Our server has the plot poles but its not dear to buy

Maintenance set to no maintenance.

Item build limit set to 500 per area.

We have god mode at trading zones,remove clothing, self bloodbag, extra: vehicles,guns , Auto Refuel , Friendly admins, DZAI, Missions and a lot more 

To Join our Epoch Panthera server download DayZ Panthera from Dayz Commander and add this to your Launch Parameters-->  

-mod=@DayZPanthera;@DayZ_Epoch 

I will cya there :)

b_560_95_1.png