Base Building Additions/Suggestions

vbawol

To kick this dedicated thread off I figured I would mention that I forgot to add to the change logs that we added a new base building item:

• [ADDED] Deer Stand (deer_stand_kit) need nearby = (workshop) required tools = (ItemToolbox,ItemCrowbar) recipe = (PartWoodLumber x8 + PartWoodPile x2)

Suggest other items here, please provide a picture and the classname of the object and a suggested recipe that makes sense. We have no limit on the number of items we can add to this system.

WOOOOOOOT exactly what i need :)

i would like to see something like Land_Ind_TankSmall2 or Land_Ind_TankSmall .... cosuming like  2 Barrels and 4 tanktraps and 6 scrap metal.... cargo check should show xxx Liters of xxx Liters and if you fill a jerry can or refill a car the mount of liter should drop... an you got to refill it with barrels again.

:D Happy Days  :D

A collaboration crafting/building thread. I could go on for hours but I will try not to... 

Everyone loves pictures. (Will add class names, ingredients and my reasons for wanting them in the morning when I am not so tried)

MNkPicg.jpg

---

qXEd3n6.jpg

---

DA6Cu5w.jpg

---

ndDiZIi.jpg

---

wvtJVYx.jpg

---

UMX2Me5.jpg

Sorry if some are already added and I haven't noticed.

I would like to suggest adding maritime buildings.

Mainly, bridges that you can walk on and the bigger docks building like the one on the Otmel Island and the Stalowy Island, that you can store your boats in.

Naval aspect of DayZ is largelly neglected, and it would be awesome to be able to build a base in the middle of an ocean. :D

Ok Guys the Explanations (Crafting Recipes to come soon) 

The tents would be a combination of tents and Other materials for more starter houses before they graduate to a bandit or hero.

The housing I would love to see split so you can tell the difference from a far but even so neither has an advantage.

The Large Brown Box in the misc area as a storage vessel to store the gear to make a house. (They shouldn't be cheap/easy to build and should build over time "Restart of Server")

The Climbable objects just for advantage points. Higher = More Cost of course.

The Furniture I was looking towards more storage with Purpose.

Fridge to Keep things cool if you have a generator, else fresh food will go stale/off over time..

Stove to cook faster once again if you want a generator.

Washing machine as clothes should smell after a while and need to kept clean to avoid infection.

The cookers, 1 for quicker smelting and the other for cooking without a generator/fireplace needed. "Permanent Fires"

The Wheel barrow as a Move-able object to hold more stuff/supplies for walking longer distances.

The boxes as different levels of storage and hiding/stockpiling gear. Maybe need a crowbar to Open Gear.

The grave as a place to hide a small box if you have an Entrenching tool. Can be re-earthed and accessed with an Entrenching tool and a Crowbar.

Larger Fuel Can for 80L of Fuel

Briefcase has been done, but this one could have a key as well.. need to get the case and key to get the gold.

Radio and Terminal to Listen in on Radio Channels perhaps in the future.

Well Sarge is hinting at adding random"ish" radio chatter over side chat from the AI.. this could be set to broadcast only to those near one of these, or holding radio.

As Even Awol has asked about Macas Evac Scripts with a Radio I think radios will be coming back and have more options in the future I hope.

I would like to suggest adding maritime buildings.

Mainly, bridges that you can walk on and the bigger docks building like the one on the Otmel Island and the Stalowy Island, that you can store your boats in.

Naval aspect of DayZ is largelly neglected, and it would be awesome to be able to build a base in the middle of an ocean. :D

I have added some Jetties and Boathouses via the editor to my custom pack and its no easy feat to get buildings to stay level and in place near or ontop of water.

If there is a way this could be possible however with buildings Not snapping to surface but placing Level at Height defined by your person .. happy days with Waterworld Ideas of bases coming into my head with Heli Platforms.. and Gates/Mounted Guns..

However you will get perhaps monstrosities eventually going into the air like in wastelands I think haha  :lol:

I'd like to see cargo containers (like the ones in Cherno - both single and two stacked) as buildable with 4 tank traps and 4 scrap metal or something like that. They provide more protection than H Barriers and other sandbag structures for things in your base.

Agreed.  The single h-barrier is too inefficient so I'd add the wall sections as well as cargo containers. 

Supplies needed would be 6x sandbags or 6x tank traps and scrap.

.....So this is me going way out to crazy town with a suggestion...

I..would love you forever...if we could get..UGS (Unattended Ground Sensors)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unattended_Ground_Sensors

Have it interact with the map, so if i am watching the map, itll pop up a custom marker on the map to show the sensor activated.

Question is..zombies SHOULD activate it, but that could make it totally useless.

Would add an interesting dimension to gameplay i think, well in line with the CCTV suggested above.

My guess this would be a Sensor put into the sqm. That would initiate a sqf file

However having this as a deploy-able item.. maybe not so.

Having an "grass cutter small" Invisible item that would trigger a flare/alarm would be nice.

Like the addition Awol.. however personally feel that the smelting & crafting objects of this size and nature would need some sort of refinery grade smelter and massive mold *A bit much for the common wood fire/workshop*

Especially if you get that from Poles and Tank Traps.. somehow.. 

Sorry don't mean to be a rotten egg, just typing my mind.

The purpose of the above post by Awol was to show how we would like the format of the suggestions for buildables to be.

I think your previous post about things that would be buildable make alot less sense in terms of whether or not you could build this with a workbench and a hammer and a fire.  Where are the recipes for those things?

Lets get this post back on track and just post what we would like to see on the buildables list realistically with recipes and reasonable purposes.

Sorry the pictures was first to promote some feedback/discussion. Descriptions the same.. didn't really get that much. SO I wasn't prepared to waste more time on recipes... for something that may or may not make its way into the mod.

Is there any interest in the objects I have suggested from a development point of view? If so then I will start generating feasible recipes..

As it seems hard to make locked vehicles not allow access to the gear how about a lockable garrage?

Tools needed: crowbar, toolbox and etool.

Recipe:
2 x wooden shed
1 x rusty gate
1x bulk storage
2x window (maybe? Depends if finial item has a window)
1x keypad (would need to be either another buildable object or buy from traider)

Buidable near plot pole. No other requirments.

I know it needs a lot to build but it os going to be bigenough to fit the biggest ural in.

Also stores 50 items as lets face it... who dont store stuff in there garrage.

i know you wouldnt fit a ural etc in it but could always use this building

1694282_orig.jpg

@mathewjknott That is a good one but will require some extra coding to make it work properly.

Sorry the pictures was first to promote some feedback/discussion. Descriptions the same.. didn't really get that much. SO I wasn't prepared to waste more time on recipes... for something that may or may not make its way into the mod.

Is there any interest in the objects I have suggested from a development point of view? If so then I will start generating feasible recipes..

Bungle, there is but when you post that many objects it makes it hard to point out the ones we could use and without recipes we are lacking the part that would allow me to code it. I certainly do not want to waste any more of your time.