Few Question about adding Scripts / Plugins in Epch 1.0.1.4

exodon

Question

Hey all...

First of all: yesterday i switched my server to Epoch 1.0.1.4 and its working all fine... (awsome mod and nice update there...  :D )

but i want to change a few things / add some scripts...

1. is there a way to add buildings to the base building system of epoch? cause i only find the scripts for it in the epoch client files... not in the serverside scripts...

would be cool when there would be a way to add more buildings... actually im thinking about trying to get the base building 1.2 (with improvements 0.1) to work actually... cause when i tried it with epoch 1.0.1.1 i was able to get it working but it disabled the whole epoch base building... dont know if i made something wrong... maybe someone can help me?  :D

2. i've seen an epoch 1.0.1.4 server with Protectet Trader Cities (god mode for players inside it) where can i get the script or how can i do this?  B)

3. would it be possible to also add the "god mode" in trader cities to vehicles? and also to all locked vehicles on map? cause i dont want the player being angry after sleeping in real life seeing their cars still locked but totally damaged...

4. cause of the safe storage i have an idea: would it be possible to disable the gear function on vehicles while they are locked?

5. can i change objects wich has been build like the large sandbag (h barrier) so only the owner can remove them? for example with a key code like it is solved in base building 1.2? (i dont want other player being able to go into my base just by remove some parts of the wall  :angry:

Server IP is: 85.190.141.48:2302

i hope u guys can help me adding / changing the features...  :huh:  :o  :rolleyes:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:

8 answers to this question

BaseBuild 1.2 imp 0.3 worked fine with 1.0.1.1 but i not working correctly with 1.0.1.4 you need to wait for an update there or sript ur own update.

all other questions are answered i different threats ( mostly in "server mods conner").

well i found many solution for the "safe zone" feature... i'm gonna try some actually... and well the only thing why i want to add base building is because i want that gate wich can be opened with the infostand xD

At one stage base building was a part of the custom pack for Chernarus.. but it was removed to it not working fully.

I would hope with the epoch team branching out for suggesting the in-built system will be getting vamp in coming patches.  :wub:

i guess u know how to handle those two files ^^ these are the files i got on my server actually... but i diasabled the green remove where u can loose the toolbox... u can only remove obejcts by entering the correct 4 digit code... and btw... u should look at player_remove.sqf and player_build.sqf as much as the fn_selfactions file... there are 2 or 3 admin overrides inside... ^^

and for all of u who think now: "cool i can use it on my server" remember: i got admin overrides inside... my custom loading screen shows up... and it is made for takistan epoch... not chernarus!! and i wont give support cause i'm a coding-noob and i even dont know WHAT i have changed  and done to get it working... but it is working like it should...

and if u want to check out my server just come and visit: 85.190.141.48:2302 or simply use exo.nitrado.net:2302

***edit:  I've updated the files... there was a part of code missing in the base building part xD the game always told me "abuse not allowed. materials deleted" even when i had a pole next to me... but now it working perfectly :P

***edit#2 it works fine but i realised after a resart the items are gone... the rpt says server cant find the object... right at the same position where normaly should show up a spawned object written to hive... i need to rework it tomorrow  :wacko:  :(