Respectful wish list

sk827015

Hello i wanted to make a list so here it is.

- New database structure ( less DB loading times and somehow make it easier to move from one version to another)
- multiple characters
- level up system

- build in admin tools (like the blue phoenix ones)
- all the base building awesome things that you already have but with a new interface

- new item interface

- new trader interface

- weapons crafting downgrade/upgrade

- more pistols

- working bullet proof vest

- you can make it so the player can craft armor to the car and attach it

- dont know if this is possible but , the same for wheels

-with the armor thing you can make it so it get a model or a piece metal that you can see or just some classname change that add armor to the car... dont know

-helicopter gates
- buildables that take 2-3 people so you can build it and it will call zombies/ AI while you do it so you need to have more friends with you...
-solar panels that power lights

-some sort of TOW build in script and a vehicle TRAILER model that you can buy to be able to collect more loot
-bullet proof helmet (a real one xD)
- some weather (like crazy weather) localized script that affects air vehicles... in a small area of the map

- some sort of exercise in the level up system that in time will allow you to carry more stuff and fire heavy weapons with better aim... example : PKP

- some whistle that will allow you to lure zombies/AI/other players ...

- some option that will allow to build outside of the map like some sort of setting
- Something to build on uneven terrain easier...

I think thats most of it ... please Devs Read it... you may like it :)  (i hope you do ) at least some of them...

-

I dont like most of your suggestion and also if you say make it "new".. what should the devs get out of it? It could be anything then. And what do you mean with level ups? The thing is that if a new player is comming to the server all the players that are already playing for a long time on this server will just rape the new ones.

Well sorry i didnt explain myself on that one... something like being able to have a bit (just a little bit..) more accuracy or something ...carry more stuff , being able to use some advanced med skills, building faster.. stuff like that im not a pro on this and its just some ideas nothing more, the real pros the DEVs if they even see this... cuz i mean im a newcomer and everything... , well they may think about something , hhmmm with the word "new" that was meant for the GUI at least some textures on it just that its just as a suggestion cuz i mean ... they are not getting paid by me this is free im nobody to say make this or this just , im making suggestions.. sorry for not explaining myself , really like the mod

I think it is a good idea to list some wishes, so here are mine.
I will include the ones from sk827015 that i also wouldt like to see.

-Build in Admin tools (Maybe also a config tool).
-Weapon crafting (like in Arma3).
-More weapons, not nessacary military (makes it harde to find the right combination of weapon and ammo).
-Bodyarmor.
-Upgrade vehicles, maybe diffent class of vehicles, so that a wheel from a trcator does not fit on a car.
-Trailer to attach to a car or truck.
-Weather needs to be more versatile (snow, storms, fog and so on).
-More diffent vehicles (shopping carts, roller blades).
-Opportunity to set traps for player/Zeds, maybe dig a pitt.
-When you eat, you have to go to the toilet, and if you dont do it in a outhouse or wc, it will attract zeds.
-Build in top -510 favorite mods (choosen by voting), but can be turned on/off in the config file.
-Difficult vehicles, like helicopter and planes, needs a document (manual) to be able to use, so that it isnt possible for a player to fly a chopper 5 min after spawn.
-Some way to add smell (like sound and visibility) so if you dont take a bath, og wlak in the rain, og swim, zeds will detect you faster.
-Season (maybe shortened).
-Opportunity to build things that cannot be found bought (like a raft, treehut, vehicles like Origin).
-More drugs, so you can lower your heart rate (better aiming) or raise the heart rate (to run haster).
-Stationary guns.
-Drag and replace wrecks.
-Diving, should be included (find a sunken ship/treasure), since it is A3 engine.
-Predators (wolf, bear, snakes).
-A former nuclear plant, where you need to get at radiation suit to get inn to find some special loot.
-Underground buildings, like basements and subway station with tunnels (fast travel from one place to another, in complete darkness off course).
-Please dont add stuff that dont have any use (empty vans and bottles are fine) like toilet paper, and shaving tool.
-Opportunity to grow food (corn / chickens).
-Ammo count needs to work, and not like now where the mags are filled up when you log in again.
-Diffent maps, but Chernarus MUST be included, its a part og DayZ...
-Dokuments/manuals to be able to craft/know stuff (maybe you find a map of a hidden treasure, or find a map of the sewers).

The MOST important thing, please keep the same mood in the game (the slightly creepy theme, with ambient noises).

Imo Level-up system should not be included, it should be up to the player to train with the gun, to get better aiming.

RH Weapon Packs - I want the RH Weapon Packs,The guns in Epoch right now are kind of boring you could say,We just need more variants and modern newer guns.This could then crush DayZ  Overwatch if we get this on Epoch.

Fast Roping - I believe there is a script for that,But it would be easier for it to be in the mod itself.

More Scenery - Epoch needs more custom buildings already on the mod,Have a secret military outpost guarded by AI but with great promising loot,Kind of like DayZ Origins Salvation City.

F18 - This is like a NEED, Atleast add some more airplanes that are armed and some you could store at your base easier.

More Helicopters - If we had more helicopter variants or just more Helicopters,I could see some more players joining onto the community itself.

Farms - Have a system of farming set up so people could survive much easier and sell it for currency.

Include More Animals - If we have more animals like Deer perhaps people could use the fur for clothing or other things.

Better Loot Tables - I think the loot tables are kind of bad currently,I don't want buildings to have a tin can in it nor a KSVK.

Under Ground Buildings - This is a great idea people could make bases under here. Great Idea @Munkeskov

Wrecks Now Useful - Wrecks around north east or airfields etc. they should add something to where you can salvage parts from them like wheels and engines and some scrap metal that's rusted and if you have enough you can craft it into scrap metal for vehicles and buildings etc.

Custom Survivor Vehicles - Adding Survivor Vehicles like DayZ Origins could be something tat would bring players from everywhere.

Moats - If we added moats this could be a great base defense mechanism.

Base Defenses - Traps you can build for base defenses.

Severe Weather - Just because its a zombie apocalypse doesn't mean there cant be Tornadoes or Snow storms,And if people don't like this they can turn it off through a config on there server.

Trailers - This would be great for looting expeditions.

If you have more Ideas please do visit this link and add your ideas of what you think should be added 

Link : 

Thanks too Munkeskov and FFDP for some ideas !

I would really like to see this be more realistic. The avarge person cant fly a blackhawk and if they can were are u going to find the jet fuel to run them? My list is simple

1: off road SUV and trucks, one that have a lift kit on them with the push bars and a safria rack that can hold extra gear. added lights to them.

2: add different types of anmials like dear and stuff, but it needs to be like really hunting not were there everywhere.

3: growing food is a must.

4: like to see some kind of comunication mod were anyone in your group can use radios but they have a limited range. also be able to build a base station with tower and antenna.

5: solor pannels, and of course you will have to find the deep cell car batteries to store the power in.

6: the plot pole things need to be changed so that it is group based and not a single owner. and have a way to manage the group.

7: needs to be alot harder to build things.

the problem I have found with all of the Dayz games is that once you get all geared up what left? right now me and my group are on 3 servers with 3 complete bases and have over 50 brief case of gold. So what left? Need to figure out how to make this game last longer. Maybe have zombie hordes that can attack your base and if you cant fight them off it could damage it really bad.

1. Siege warfare

one or more special base  finished  is located on map .

when  first game  start ... there is  many ai soldier etc.

first an occupant is   sovereign!!

sovereign can impose tax.

tax will be  imposed  from money  in" safe " .

tax ratio is 1~5%  every day.

sovereign have permit right and  other plays cant enter there.

sovereign have to protect for 4 hours ... once in10 or more days

and  etc...

2. no zombie

i think epoch dont need its,

game story have to be changed.

my story is .....

guilty is  banished to "altis"

altis is abandoned island lately so there is  necessaries etc... military supplies .. 

gulity  will drop to plan..... randomly  

government will supply supplies for survival  by airplane

-- this will form of "mission"

I think  this looks intersting...

i am asian

i can speak english not very well.. sorry

• 2 weeks later...

Some good ideas here, as well as some that are asks that have never been attempted in mod programming before. Just realize that some of the simple things that are asked for require a RIDICULOUS amount of programming to make happen.

That being said, My favorite ideas from the above threads have to do with modular concepts.

1 - Weapons like DayZ Overwatch / DayZ Stand Alone / DayZ Epidemic / DayZ Breaking Point.   What makes those weapons cool is that you find the base gun, like an M16, and then can mod it with different sights, muzzles, stocks, suppressors, to basically create your own on variations.  I like the idea, and it's quite realistic, that I can yank a dot scope off my M4A1, throw an ACOG scope on it, and now I've boosted my effective range by 400M (at the expense of close in fighting). Black market vendors could then carry the components at a RIDICULOUSLY increased price to purchase, but only buy it from players for 1/3 or 1/4 the trade price.  Weapon add ons should be able to be farmed in military, at a HYPER rare drop rate - perhaps in there own table that gets called on a very rare roll from the main table?

2 - Vehicles / Land.   Origins started on a neat idea, but then dropped the ball with the concept I thought.  The Scrap APC, for example, was basically a working tank from the start. I thought it should have been more or less a bare frame, and then you should have had to use metal plates to create the hull.   I think the way to really produce the feel most players are after would be to be able to craft a vehicle from the ground up, using blue prints and chassis, to create something further down the line... Something that takes a lot of components, but will eventually turn into a useful, mobile vehicle.   The concept would be, find blueprint, find new craftable "vehicle lift", find vehicle chassis. Load chassis into vehicle lift, add blueprint and required starting materials... now you have vehicle chassis stage 1 complete. Stage 2 would be adding the frame. Stage 3 would be adding the seats and interior. Stage 4 would be adding the engine / transmission. Stage 5 would be putting the shell on the frame, stage 6 would be adding the suspension/wheels/shocks/struts.  The final product would be whatever it was you were creating from the blueprint. Perhaps a further stage/s would be the upgrading of wheel shields / driver window shields / armor plating / m240 gun for the passenger / increased storage / ability to tow other vehicles / etc. Sky's the limit.

3 - Air vehicles - these should be ridiculously rare people.  Not just that, but there's a reason why aeronautical mechanics make so much money.... Helicopters break down CONSTANTLY and are always in need of repair.  It would be a cool add to bring in a feature that measures distance and flight time on an air vehicle. The further it moves / longer it flies, the more damage the components take... IE wear and tear.   So, an ace pilot that never crashes will eventually HAVE to maintain it with a rotor / engine / scrap / etc.

4 - Animals. Where are all the Deer in the forest?  Why can't there be a Bear which is also aggro if you get too close to it? Why are there no Elk or Moose?  How many times can you watch a chicken walk across the road near Balota airfield before you get shot in the face for staring at a lame joke setup?

5 - The AI Island, like in Origins, can be set up by the server owners themselves. Our current Epoch server has done just that.  It's all mission file, Sarge AI, and a bit of ingenuity with automatic reward box spawning.  It's a cool idea to add, but I wouldn't waste the time of the main Epoch dev team on something like this - this is an add that is more then capable of the server owners to implement on their own.

6 - Zombies... Zombies and AI are what make low population servers challenging.  I've had long debates with my gaming friends over the pros and cons of zombies in a post apocalypse type world where there's trader cities, building, bandits, etc...  I think it adds an element that keeps players from simply walking into the middle of an area and getting terribly bored farming for gear over and over with little to no threat.  I think there's 2 schools here.   1 is the PVP school, where the Zombies get in the way while fighting.  The other school is the PVE guys, where the zombies are "too easy" and just get in the way when they're loot cycling.    I have no solid fix for this... my server added AI everywhere, on top of tripling the zombie max count for the entire server, and it still feels too easy at times.  

7 - Malfunctions / breaks.... I don't think a rifle, fired non stop for days on end, would function as well as one coming directly out of a weapons crate.  I've never been a fan of forced maintenance on a weapon, but see that sitting on an inventory of 6 storage sheds full to the hilt with weapons we may never ever ever use or touch is just silly.   So, there should be some manner of catastrophic weapon failure to be had. Maybe a 1 in 1,000 chance that the weapon will lock up/ jam, and eat the magazine.... ie - you lose the rest of that clip's ammo clearing the jam, but the weapon is still usable.  1 in 5,000 chance that the weapon misfires and is unusable until fixed with some kind of weapon maintenance kit. 1 in 10,000 chance the weapon malfunctions so badly, it creates an explosion and hurts the player - and then the weapon no longer functions and should just be discarded.

8 - Altitude / Cold weather effects + heat values given to all clothing.  Why not borrow some logic from Namalsk, and make that global for all maps?  Have a base level on every map, so the tropical islands never really get that cold, but other maps may have an impact for that.  

• 4 weeks later...

With regards to "Make it easier to upgrade the database", I highly suggest the Epoch Developers checkout how Django does database migrations (with the django-app South).

# setup the database

/srv/EpochServer/$ ./manage.py syncdb

# new version of epoch? ok: lets grab it: 
/srv/EpochServer/$ git pull

# ​Does it require a database migration? yes? simple : 
/srv/EpochServer/$ ./manage.py migrate

It'd even be a great idea to use Django to make the Epoch Administrator Web Interface.

If this is something that interests the developers , please get in touch with me either here, google-plus or github. I'd be glad to help.