ArmA 3 Chernarus+

Poncho

So browsing around I found this beautiful screen of ArmA 3 Chernarus+

http://imgur.com/r/arma/OwdyCC1

Having watched a few videos and flicking through some more screens I have to say that it is absolutely amazing, especially when compared to vanilla Chernarus. The added content makes the map so much more diverse and interesting (so don't worry all of you tired of ArmA 2 Chernarus). Is this the map we have to look forward to for ArmA 3 Epoch? I hope so, but if not, it matters not. The ArmA 3 Engine runs so much better, it is far more optimized that the frustrating ArmA 2, and far more attractive all round. Looking forward to the graphical improvements along with all the other developments A3 will bring :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thats not the Arma3 engine, thats Dayz, which uses the Take On Heli's engine, which is  a heavily modified A2 engine.

Chernarus actually looks better than that in the A3 engine, take a look at the pics in the following link

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169787-A3CM-ArmA-3-Chernarus-Mod

All the A2 maps have been ported to A3, by a community member, with BIS' permission. :D

Should download them, loadup the F18 and go for a fly around :D

Awesome vbawol, its great to know the support is there. I just wish I knew which map you guys were going to start on first. Obviously you need a base to build the code up on. I would just love to find out what it is. If it is a new map you are designing specifically for Epoch, great and forget I asked, but if it is a map that is already out there, and available, I would love to know so I can jump in and start making some map edits.

• 5 weeks later...

Awesome vbawol, its great to know the support is there. I just wish I knew which map you guys were going to start on first. Obviously you need a base to build the code up on. I would just love to find out what it is. If it is a new map you are designing specifically for Epoch, great and forget I asked, but if it is a map that is already out there, and available, I would love to know so I can jump in and start making some map edits.

It will be Atlis for sure as their starting map. Why would they use anything else. Atlis is perfect for a mod like Epoch 

It will be Atlis for sure as their starting map. Why would they use anything else. Atlis is perfect for a mod like Epoch 

There is a reason developers of original DayZ picked Chernarus as a main map. I assume game is aiming to get something like s.t.a.l.k.e.r. experience but zombie related. And Altis will make it look like Dead Island dayz style, IMO. Plus Breaking Point uses Altis in their mod for Arma 3, taking this map would be like agreeing that Altis is a best map on arma 3 for dayz related games, not true the map is pretty ugly comparing it even with good old Chernarus. 

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately we cannot use Chernarus+ together with Arma 3, I spoke with Dwarden about this, but he was clear - regardless if we have purchased Arma 3 AND Standalone we are not permitted to use Chernarus+ outside of DayZ:SA. He also said that this may change in the future, but for now, no.

As for Arma 2 maps in Arma 3, personally I think they look like crap, regardless whether they have HD-textures.

• 1 month later...

So browsing around I found this beautiful screen of ArmA 3 Chernarus+

http://imgur.com/r/arma/OwdyCC1

Having watched a few videos and flicking through some more screens I have to say that it is absolutely amazing, especially when compared to vanilla Chernarus. The added content makes the map so much more diverse and interesting (so don't worry all of you tired of ArmA 2 Chernarus). Is this the map we have to look forward to for ArmA 3 Epoch? I hope so, but if not, it matters not. The ArmA 3 Engine runs so much better, it is far more optimized that the frustrating ArmA 2, and far more attractive all round. Looking forward to the graphical improvements along with all the other developments A3 will bring :)

http://dknw.ddns.net/index.php?/topic/35-portiruem-chernarus-plus-dayz-v-arma-3/

Altis is good in one way.. It's design. I find the terrain is way more life-like.  The ground has variations in it that closely resemble more realism than ported A2 maps that have lack that life-like quality and have evenly flat ground with very few variations/depth.  Other than that Altis is one big sand pit but maybe that's how that terrain is.

I've love to see some A2 maps completely re-done with some of the qualities that were done in Altis.   Keep them the same in general layout but update them with some of the techniques that went into Altis would be absolutely stunning in my opinion and put those old maps on a whole new level.