NWAF re-worked

oxygen220

hey guys kinda new to this map editing stuff but i gave it ago and my server seems to like it so please tell me what you guys think :)

some features

- small amounts of loot-able boxes

- added barracks (blocked of one of the old ones to force people to go inside the base)

- added industrial areas

- large military base

To be warned, entering any type of mounted gun will kill the player

Link to some pictures

http://imgur.com/a/V8a9O#0

Download .sqf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j8qq0x877i5pl5i/NWAF.sqf

New Download .sqf (This one is set to objects to optimize your server, there are also some small changes to class names which may fix a few bugs or errors but it seems the weapon creates have vanished, not sure why)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqtj9zkv5yphtoo/NWAF_2.sqf

Looks great, not just a big extra military loot spot, a generally improved and overhauled version of the original! With cover and added buildings to break up the center of the airfield (stops people getting sniped from across the airfield, or at least gives cover to react in) Overall a great edit with plenty of potential gameplay, nice work :)

Game is game. But still....

Have you seen so many trees and buildings beside a runway in real life ?

I suppose not, because it is certain rules for these airfields and their environment.

It is nice to add a lot of stuff around these flat areas, but try to keep it realistic and ask yourself is this hangar in right place here ?

If you want to study how airfields work and are builded take a look on your own town airfield. Or go to Google and search for AIP maps around worlds airfields.  Etc. nothing is allowed on end of runways for security reasons. And the sides have to be object free hundreds of meters.

I hope all the best in coming projects.

Game is game. But still....

Have you seen so many trees and buildings beside a runway in real life ?

I suppose not, because it is certain rules for these airfields and their environment.

It is nice to add a lot of stuff around these flat areas, but try to keep it realistic and ask yourself is this hangar in right place here ?

If you want to study how airfields work and are builded take a look on your own town airfield. Or go to Google and search for AIP maps around worlds airfields.  Etc. nothing is allowed on end of runways for security reasons. And the sides have to be object free hundreds of meters.

I hope all the best in coming projects.

In real life? What would a seldom used airfield look like in a "real'" zombie apocalypse where most of the population has died or went the way of the zombie?? Probably a lot like this, with the land reclaiming the area, and trees, brush and vegetation growing wild and untended.

You would also expect new survivor construction in these areas as they may be used as "last stand" zones.....

Well done if you ask me and thanks for taking the time to create the addtion as well sharing.

-CJ-

In relation to finnbat's post, allot of remote airstrips do have trees growing close by and hangers can be placed most areas where there isn't a landing strip if it holds smaller planes.

but i do see where you're coming from. 

I tried to make it a more dynamic area for playing, giving opportunities across the board, i just felt the airstrip was just too boring and was bit of a no mans land zone.

and thanks -CJ- is much appreciated i may well be posting a few more additions to other areas if i have the time.

I have had my own custom NW Airfield for some time in our server, It is one of the few I have not published for the sake of keeping some unique to my server. It too is essentially a revamped version improving on most areas. I just hate seeing large military style bases plonked in the middle of places, so a large wide spread  and diverse edit is what dips my biscuit :)

The NW airfield has always been a very boring location for such a highly visited place. I'm glad there is finally an edit on here for people to bulk up their server's NW.

Haha Exactly! Bring your kids to work day? 

NE is an interesting one, I think because of the proximity of Berezino it is important not to overpower loot spawns to throw the maps loot balance off. It looks to be more of a civilian style airport as a pose to the militarized NW. Maybe it would be better to follow that route, make it more commercial like a small domestic airport. This would also make the map a bit more diverse too. 

True true, but people do like their guns and they like them big.

Will probably add a small military zone with a couple of tents nothing to fancy and since there's already a town literally next to it i may just expand on that a little more.

maybe a fire-station in case someone decides to crash land. (saving lives and such) 

• 3 weeks later...

ok so if you dont want the boxes of weapons on all you have to do is delete this 

_vehicle_3407 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["USBasicWeapons_EP1", [4480.126, 10631.112], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_3407 = _this;
  _this setDir 23.574329;
    //Clear Cargo
  clearweaponcargoGlobal _this;
  clearmagazinecargoGlobal _this;
  //Add Cargo
  _this addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemEtool",1];
  _this addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemToolbox",1];
  _this addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemSledge",1];

_this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemTankTrap",5];
  _this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWire",5];
  _this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemSandbag",5];
  _this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["PartPlankPack",4];
  _this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["PartPlywoodPack",4];
  _this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["CinderBlocks",4];
  _this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["MortarBucket",2];

_this setPos [4480.126, 10631.112];
};

_vehicle_3408 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["USSpecialWeapons_EP1", [4427.9136, 10616.935, 0.14276022], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_3408 = _this;
  _this setDir 63.413158;
    //Clear Cargo
  //Add Cargo
  _this addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemGPS",2];
  _this addWeaponCargoGlobal ["NVGoggles",1];
  _this addWeaponCargoGlobal ["M240_DZ",1];
  _this addWeaponCargoGlobal ["M4A1_HWS_GL",1];
  _this addWeaponCargoGlobal ["M16A4_ACG_GL",1];
  _this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["Skin_CZ_Soldier_Sniper_EP1_DZ",1];
  _this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["Skin_FR_Rodriguez_DZ",1];
  _this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["Skin_FR_OHara_DZ",1];

_this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",10];
  _this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["100Rnd_762x51_M240",2];

_this setPos [4427.3801,10617.801];
};

_vehicle_3412 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["USBasicWeaponsBox", [4435.8403, 10682.461], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_3412 = _this;
  _this setDir -19.436197;
    //Clear Cargo
  //Add Cargo
  _this addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemEtool",1];
  _this addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemToolbox",1];

_this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["PartGeneric",2];
  _this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["PartEngine",2];
  _this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["PartWheel",4];
  _this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemFuelBarrel",2];
  _this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["PartFueltank",2];
  _this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["PartGlass",3];
  _this addmagazineCargoGlobal ["100Rnd_762x51_M240",2];

_this setPos [4435.8403, 10682.461];
};

alternatively you can set all the values of the weapons, ammo and items to 0 such as

From this

_this addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemGPS",2];

To this

_this addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemGPS",0];

this way the boxes stay on the server but wont spawn anything

• 4 weeks later...

Looks good, it's just a shame we can't get stuff like this baked in to the map.  It would help considerably with the number of objects the server is handling(as if that number isn't already bloated from base-building items).

I started out with modding Arma doing stuff similar to this, so keep at it and remain willing to expand.  Just curious, how many objects overall is this?

@sequisha yeh i tried working on making a map for dayz epoch but there's so much to do and so little time at the moment, also that file is still set to vehicles i will post a new download soon with an update to optimize it for whoever downloads it.

aaaaaand Its around 450 single objects but i used over 3500 to get it to that stage one of the biggest builds i had done

@madykevy try changing the name of the "ibr_hanger" objects to "land_ibr_hangar", if that dosent work try changing them to "Land_SS_ hanger"

there is room for a c130 but what you can do is delete them using note++ its basicaly note pad with a bunch of tools to edit the text, makes my life allot easier just open it up in note++ select everything with the tree name its something like pinus. most of them will be in blocks so it should be fairly easy to delete them, once you done that press crtl+a to select it all and copy paste the text back into the sqf file, over riding what was already there do not save it in note++ as it wont be an sqf file anymore so you must just copy paste into the sqf. then just upload that to your server if you have any problems just send me a message and il see what i can do for ya.

hope this helps

• 2 months later...