[Tutorial] How To(s)

mrkarp

Well I see that with many of these releases, people are asking/requesting for video tutorials on "how to" install mods/addons/scripts.

Even though most of the authors provide a text based installation method, some are not as easy to follow as others. So I have taken it upon myself to make you guys some videos on how to install mods/addons/scripts to your server.

I will take requests and provide as much help/feedback as I can, but this thread is mainly on providing you with step-by-step instructions on how to install mods/addons/scripts to your Epoch server.

The only thing I ask from you, is that you have a basic knowledge of:

Connecting to your database and being able to modify it

Being able to modify files from your server, or from your computer

Knowing your way around the server folder(s) & file(s)

Basic knowledge with a text based editor (Notepad++ is amazing, and free!)

Being able to use Google, seriously

Being able to install software that I, or other mod authors provide/ use as an example, such as a .pbo extractor, and archive'r which I will teach you how to use

Not getting pissed and rage quitting because you don't understand, that's why I am here

Though I haven't installed all of them, I am confident I can provide enough information, and visual steps, to help you install requested mods/addons/scripts that I haven't yet took a look at.

The first one I will upload today will be on installing and using Mikero's Pbo Extractor, and Maker.

Then I will upload my 1st tutorial on how to install, use, and edit the Custom Epoch Event(s) or custom missions.

I agree, most of the trouble with implementing someones works, is that they either missed a step, or have no idea what that step means.

And i figured with a video, and a voice, it might be easy to rewind, and visually see what to do.

With your comment Randomness, I will implement some rambling descriptions of how the script works,

e.g. Why you must put info in the init.sqf, or why you must call such script from a certain block of code, etc.

Connecting to your database and being able to modify it

Being able to modify files from your server, or from your computer

Knowing your way around the server folder(s) & file(s)

Basic knowledge with a text based editor (Notepad++ is amazing, and free!)

Being able to use Google, seriously

Being able to install software that I, or other mod authors provide/ use as an example, such as a .pbo extractor, and archive'r which I will teach you how to use

Not getting pissed and rage quitting because you don't understand, that's why I am here

If they knew all of this they wouldnt be needing help installing scripts (except for dayz.st and other servers maybe). Btw are you the douche that actually asks money for making these vids?

• 1 month later...

If they knew all of this they wouldnt be needing help installing scripts (except for dayz.st and other servers maybe). Btw are you the douche that actually asks money for making these vids?

Great point! I guess I will cover the simple and basic ways of navigating, modifying your server, and using Google! Thanks for that, seriously, I should have started with those as the first aspect of my tutorials.

and wow, no? I believe in helping everyone when you have the knowledge to do so. Look at all the help, insight, and just basic awesomeness of this forums/mod/community, they gave me a free amazing aspect of DayZ, why would I charge for something so simple as information? Thanks for the accusation.

And sorry folks, I haven't been around lately, school is killing my free time. GG Raspberry PI. But tomorrow I am free and will begin the videos. (free of charge)

Great point! I guess I will cover the simple and basic ways of navigating, modifying your server, and using Google! Thanks for that, seriously, I should have started with those as the first aspect of my tutorials.

and wow, no? I believe in helping everyone when you have the knowledge to do so. Look at all the help, insight, and just basic awesomeness of this forums/mod/community, they gave me a free amazing aspect of DayZ, why would I charge for something so simple as information? Thanks for the accusation.

And sorry folks, I haven't been around lately, school is killing my free time. GG Raspberry PI. But tomorrow I am free and will begin the videos. (free of charge)

Nice job then. I found some forum earlier that "sells" video's explaining how to do stuff, thus the curiosity.