i'm having trouble installing dayz epoch

sargecasey

Question

15 answers to this question

Upload your server report file to dropbox or some other file sharing website and post the link.  You've given us nothing to work with , what we need to see are log files, maybe there's a script preventing your server from starting up, for example.  We can't see this from your statement above, which is meaningless when most script issues will do that :D

I've asked you for your server report file, open a browser and use Google.  (did I even ask you for a screenshot? NO)

If you can't be bothered to try and find it yourself, then why should I bother trying to help you? 

I bet you haven't even read that link I posted, because if you had then you'd know EXACTLY what I'm asking you for because it's mentioned several times throughout that web page, even has the name of the report file and the location.  Come on , try and make the effort ;)

I've asked you for your server report file, open a browser and use Google.  (did I even ask you for a screenshot? NO)

If you can't be bothered to try and find it yourself, then why should I bother trying to help you? 

I bet you haven't even read that link I posted, because if you had then you'd know EXACTLY what I'm asking you for because it's mentioned several times throughout that web page, even has the name of the report file and the location.  Come on , try and make the effort ;)

Dude stop rampaging him, he has provided you a screenshot of the error that is OBVIOUS!

@sargecasey put the files that are in the "binary" folder in the root folder of your server installation. It should fix the error.

Dude stop rampaging him, he has provided you a screenshot of the error that is OBVIOUS!

@sargecasey put the files that are in the "binary" folder in the root folder of your server installation. It should fix the error.

Sure thing, I agree. Was a little harsh. So when he comes back tomorrow with an equally obvious problem, I'll remember to not try and help him, help himself.  The solution was actually in my previous link.  But hey , let's keep feeding the pigeons! 

They need food too as far as i know.

But if we feed them , they lose the ability to fend for themselves.  Not forgetting that for every one you feed, 10 more come, until eventually you have yourself a problem.  Then what happens if mankind stops feeding them? They've lost their ability to fend for themselves? They'll die Radiix, they'll die and I don't want to see anything die because I was too soft with it (the blood will be on your hands) :(

i looked at that link and it did not help me and i have never had to upload anything to fix any error. I searched google before hand and it did not explain to me what a server report file is or where it is so maybe if u actually put some effort in and tell me or explain it to me then just maybe i will understand.   

Also i just want to let u know that i have been trying to get this server up for the past 5 days going through error after error so anyways i have a new question.

should i be copying arma 2 files over to arma 2 oa? if not i'm gonna re installing the server 

=====================================================================
== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\Arma2OAserver.exe
== "Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe"  -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"
=====================================================================

.. SNIP ...

3:38:46 "MPframework inited"
 3:38:47 Error in expression <;
_recompile = (count _this) > 0;

if (BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>
 3:38:47   Error position: <BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>
 3:38:47   Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_init
 3:38:47 File ca\Modules\Functions\init.sqf, line 28
 3:39:51 "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf:Monitoring Remote Exe..."
 3:39:51 "Res3tting B!S effects..."
 3:39:51 "HIVE: Starting"