"Files are not signed by a key accepted by this server" Error

Jakethebakedrake

Question

3 answers to this question

Also have this issue, most of the 1.0.4.1 servers give me this error but some don't so I'm assuming there is a fix out there no one is currently willing to share?

It is also happening for my newly updated server and I have tried the bikey fixes suggested on these forums in the past but the problem still persists.

Thanks for your reply.  Tried the bikey fixes, tried changing server's Battleye filters, tried updating client.dll and server.dll Battleye files from the Battleye website, tried verifying game cache.

So I found my problem, it was an issue I was having on the Client-side, feel kind of stupid seeing as it is one of the main things I'm meant to do to play DayZ Epoch:

I was launching from DayZ Commander rather than launching Arma 2 OA Beta from Steam and I had the additional parameters to launch DayZ Epoch (-mod=@DayZ_Epoch) but under Expansions it had "DayZ" enabled (not Arma 2: DayZ Mod though oddly).  When I tried to disable "DayZ", it didn't give me the option (was locked from disabling/enabling) so I had assumed that was how it always was (I haven't played for a couple of months but last time I was playing, it was running perfectly fine so I didn't expect anything on the client-side to be an issue).

When I finally checked the Expansions enabled while running Arma 2 OA Beta through Steam, it did give me the option to enable/disable and DayZ was enabled; after disabling it, everything worked fine and I am now enjoy DayZ Epoch again.

To lessen my embarrassment, my friends who used to play also ran into the same issue with me which is what made me think I was doing things on the client-side right and there was something wrong with the server.

The unusual thing about my problem is that I actually managed to get onto some 1.0.4.1 servers, which is what made solving it more confusing.

P.S. Loving all the new updates since I last played Epoch; you're all doing really well, keep up the good work.