1.0.3.1 BUG: Plot Pole Maintenance not Updated Database

Ragotag

Question

6 answers to this question

We've confirmed that this is a 1.0.3.1 bug; we disabled all our installed mods and replicated the problem, then used a fresh (vanilla) install and produced the same issue.  We then rolled back to 1.0.3 and plot pole maintenance as well as cinder upgrades all work again.

I was assisting in this test and discovery of this issue.  We were able to through process of elimination, determine it to be 1.0.3.1 core issues by using a 1.0.3.1 vanilla install.  

The objects in game when maintained duplicate themselves (in the case of doors, there will be one locked door to which your code wont work and your door which still functions)  furthermore, the database does not appropriately relocate all the maintained items to a new ObjectID.  Lastly, the items don't produce a HIVE update to the existing items either. 

Thankfully this item doesnt cause loss if items, but does prevent players from using their bases at all since it duplicates doors with no functioning code.

We also tested using set damage in DB to .2 and got nothing, however we discovered our client files were incorrect on the server and now everything is working as intended.

except the server doesnt recognize objects for maintenance with .2 damage set.  Do they have a date requirement too?  

And thank you kindly MGT for taking the time to try and replicate our results.  We really appreciate it, sometimes it can be an obscure bug only a hand full of people might run in to, and sometimes its bad server files.... thankfully this time it was just server files.

Best Regards to all.

I'm terribly sorry i didnt check back in a few days.  Been busy.  Cookiezzz did you ever get your issue resolved?  We had mismatched client and server files.  One of them was 1.0.3 and the other was 1.0.3.1.

Mistakes happen, especially when you have more than 1 admin working with the server files.  Confusion ensues and mistakes are made.  In this case it was completely my fault.