Epoch Cry Launcher - 1.0 [updated 20-10-2014]

Cryten

works now! can you add a support for dynamic dns?

edit: after restarting the program, the same like before, dosent load (stuck at 104kb) and the process cant be killed with taskmanager or process explorer. this software is the only one who make problems

error.jpg

I know this is a bit much, but would it be possible to make it so you can change skins, logos or anything.  Allow server owners to customize it with the look/feel of their server/website?  Still have your info on there, your logo or name, to still give you the credit for the work?  But offer a customized version for ppl that want to offer it to their players?  Or maybe offer some kind of customize version for donors? It's a great idea for a launcher, but in my opinion would make it even better if you offered a few customization option for server owners.   Just an idea

Whats the difference between this and DayZCommander?

Cry Launcher is only for Epoch Mod. you can not compare these

It's simply the Epoch mod thus to be independent ... You no longer need to wait days for the DayZ Commander update then ...(if it is sometime far as) the developer or me changes the files itself and returns the update free ... then appears within 15 seconds in Cry Launcher a clue, a new version is available.

change map without edit launch parameters for (Taviana 2.0/Panthera 1.8, Namalsk 0.741... more will follow)

Supports only Epoch. Very fast Epoch download. In the future a webinterface for Epoch developer to change the Client files and make updates.

However, it can change a lot.

Possibly I can make a version. This is only for Epoch(vanilla) without any maps. so that this maybe is also officially supported. But that decide the Epoch developers.

Cryten, If your willing give me full access to the code as well as allow me to compile your code and release it on our official site I can then stand behind it. Without me actually reviewing/compiling the code myself I will be unable to vouch for this program.

• 2 weeks later...

Cryten, If your willing give me full access to the code as well as allow me to compile your code and release it on our official site I can then stand behind it. Without me actually reviewing/compiling the code myself I will be unable to vouch for this program.

Please do this for the launcher. It would be awesome to see Epoch have its own launcher and not have players rely on DayZ Commander.

Hey Cryten, kudos on the launcher!

I wrote a launcher for our community, that downloads the mods required for servers.

Its based on an online json file that our servers get added to with a list of mods download locations.

Its pretty cool as we can update say epoch on some servers and the launcher will still allow players to play on any server. Basically each version of a mod, we zip it up in its own unique folder. Not the most efficient way but its the simplest.

If you want a hand implementing something like this, im more than happy to help out.

Launching epoch with the many maps available is a nightmare and its nice to someone trying to fix the problem!

• 8 months later...