1.0.3.1 updated files

i76

I know.. It's not going to happen though, they'll ignore you.. Watch! :)

Yeah I understand they are busy and most likely tired of replying to their users.... but its quite sloppy to release a hotfix a day later and only provide the complete file without also including just the updated files... which is what a hotfix is meant to be...

I wish you where wrong ;)

p.s. love ya sig.... you'd be suprised how many awoken sheeple feel the same.

Yeah but this is the way I see it. They create epoch in their vision and release it that way, every extra addon, every extra script takes a little away from how they see Epoch, of what they want you to play. For example the Tow & Lift for every car, especially the safe zones. If they would want it, they would have added it already in the core mod itself.

Having to re-add every script when they release an update only makes me feel that the punishment (the extra work) fits the crime (changing the mod) :mellow:

Yeah I understand they are busy and most likely tired of replying to their users.... but its quite sloppy to release a hotfix a day later and only provide the complete file without also including just the updated files... which is what a hotfix is meant to be...

I wish you where wrong ;)

p.s. love ya sig.... you'd be suprised how many awoken sheeple feel the same.

Actually, 1.0.3 was released a week ago, but yes, it is a bit rapid and considering that 1.0.4 will apparently be the last Epoch release, I don't think they will be changing things for that release. It's a real pain to reinstall everything every time.

Yeah but this is the way I see it. They create epoch in their vision and release it that way, every extra addon, every extra script takes a little away from how they see Epoch, of what they want you to play. For example the Tow & Lift for every car, especially the safe zones. If they would want it, they would have added it already in the core mod itself.

Having to re-add every script when they release an update only makes me feel that the punishment (the extra work) fits the crime (changing the mod) :mellow:

Edit: What I76 said below.. Spot on :)

I find this whole "It's their mod, they can do what they like with it" a bunch of crap if I'm honest. Why do they have to be so selfish? Why can't they be considerate enough to accept that the majority of their users (and yes we are the MAJORITY) like to run other scripts like AI, self bloodbag, tow/lift etc.. Go look through the list of servers online and you'll see more custom scripted versions than vanilla..

End of, you're dismissed !

I know your pain dood.. See my avatar ? That's me this evening..

Still waiting for the bloody client files to download via torrent, 1.3kb download speed wtf? lol

:S thats shithouse... mine actually came down pretty fast and we have some of the shittiest internet speeds (Aus)

Well they are building a mod on a mod of a game so who are they to dictate plus it wont stop people adding what their end users want (supply/demand) so why not just make it easy for server operators.... we are the ones that provide the servers that run their mod to start with, without us vbawol has nothing.... and considering our normal DayZ servers are more populated than our epoch ones atm maybe vbawol should cater to our needs.

Actually, 1.0.3 was released a week ago, but yes, it is a bit rapid and considering that 1.0.4 will apparently be the last Epoch release, I don't think they will be changing things for that release. It's a real pain to reinstall everything every time.

Yeah a slight exaggeration and I dont mind updating with a new big release but when you release a hotfix a week later it would be the right thing to do to release just the updated files along with complete repackaged mod.... but thats just what I'd do :)

It's really not difficult at all to do guys. Took me 10 min per server x3.

Here's my process:

• Open up folder with 1.0.3 PBOs and dock it to left half of monitor
  • Open up folder with default 1.0.3.1 PBOs and dock it to right half of monitor
  • Start with server pbo (easier) and copy over files you need (Side missions, custom buildings, AH, etc...)
  • Compare files to see if you need to merge your changes (most likely server_functions.sqf, server_monitor.sqf, server_cleanup.fsm)
  • Pack server pbo, move on to mission pbo
  • Copy over everything from old PBOs
  • IMPORTANT grab all CLIENT SIDE files from the new @DayZ_Epoch folder. This includes fn_selfActions.sqf, compiles.sqf, player_switchModel.sqf, player_spawn_1.sqf, variables.sqf, etc...
  • Compare the old files with the new ones and merge in ONLY your added changes
  • Pack mission pbo
  • Test on your local computer where you've set up a server (optional, but well worth the effort!)
  • Optional: Look for any updated keys and sql updates

The more updates you do the better/faster it will become.

Take your time at first, then you don't even have to think about it, and chances are you already know exactly which files you need to modify :D

It's really not difficult at all to do guys. Took me 10 min per server x3.

Here's my process:

• Open up folder with 1.0.3 PBOs and dock it to left half of monitor
  • Open up folder with default 1.0.3.1 PBOs and dock it to right half of monitor
  • Start with server pbo (easier) and copy over files you need (Side missions, custom buildings, AH, etc...)
  • Compare files to see if you need to merge your changes (most likely server_functions.sqf, server_monitor.sqf, server_cleanup.fsm)
  • Pack server pbo, move on to mission pbo
  • Copy over everything from old PBOs
  • IMPORTANT grab all CLIENT SIDE files from the new @DayZ_Epoch folder. This includes fn_selfActions.sqf, compiles.sqf, player_switchModel.sqf, player_spawn_1.sqf, variables.sqf, etc...
  • Compare the old files with the new ones and merge in ONLY your added changes
  • Pack mission pbo
  • Test on your local computer where you've set up a server (optional, but well worth the effort!)
  • Optional: Look for any updated keys and sql updates
The more updates you do the better/faster it will become.

Take your time at first, then you don't even have to think about it, and chances are you already know exactly which files you need to modify :D

That's what I do, but some of us aren't as jolly about it and actually have better more important things to be doing. I found your last comment very patronising actually, I've worked in IT for over 25 years, I don't need to be told what I'm already taking for granted, grumble grumble grumble....

Edit: What I76 said below.. Spot on :)

I find this whole "It's their mod, they can do what they like with it" a bunch of crap if I'm honest. Why do they have to be so selfish? Why can't they be considerate enough to accept that the majority of their users (and yes we are the MAJORITY) like to run other scripts like AI, self bloodbag, tow/lift etc.. Go look through the list of servers online and you'll see more custom scripted versions than vanilla..

End of, you're dismissed !

It's this sort of comment that can aggravate the devs. You're not paying for the mod and you aren't developing it. The devs came together to make a mod the way THEY like it. They do accept feedback from the community and frequently add community content, such as the area maintenance and player name tags, but when it comes down to it, the dev team can't and won't integrate every new add-on or change that players want. Is it really that much of a heartache to add the custom content YOU like?

I don't think they are selfish at all, especially considering the fact that they have shared this wonderful mod with us!

It's this sort of comment that can aggravate the devs. You're not paying for the mod and you aren't developing it. The devs came together to make a mod the way THEY like it. They do accept feedback from the community and frequently add community content, such as the area maintenance and player name tags, but when it comes down to it, the dev team can't and won't integrate every new add-on or change that players want. Is it really that much of a heartache to add the custom content YOU like?

I don't think they are selfish at all, especially considering the fact that they have shared this wonderful mod with us!

I think you just took your rant, mixed it up with mine and missed the point altogether. It's comments like yours that aggravate me, now we're even.

Epoch devs owe you nothing, they put out a hotfix to fix a few bugs from the release. If you really have been in IT for 25 years then you know EXACTLY why they pushed out another update a week after.

I applaud them for doing it so soon rather than living with the bugs. If you can't take 30min out of your day to update your own server files then you shouldn't be running a server :D

Epoch devs owe you nothing, they put out a hotfix to fix a few bugs from the release. If you really have been in IT for 25 years then you know EXACTLY why they pushed out another update a week after.

I applaud them for doing it so soon rather than living with the bugs. If you can't take 30min out of your day to update your own server files then you shouldn't be running a server :D

No , in my line of work we test stuff properly before releasing it. Very very rarely have we EVER had to do a hotfix for our work.  Yes, I know EXACTLY why they had to push it out so quickly.  You telling me that because I'm unhappy with the sloppy development of this mod that I shouldn't be running a server? You're a funny one aren't you.  You want some tissue to clean that shit off your nose? 

Typical DayZ community response. Do as we say! 

lol

PS, I had the updates done yesterday. That doesn't stop me from having an opinion that might not meet with your brown nosing standard!

i think its rude of you to talk like that, after all Epoch is a free to play mod, and they dont get any money for developing it.

If you work as programmer and you get money for it you should better test your stuff carefully and avoid hotfixes, otherwise you will not get paid anymore ..., thats clearly different to people who develop a free to play game ...

If you think that badly from the dayz epoch community you should probably stop playing it and just leave and wait 100 years for the stand alone, where they did not fix anything (if you watched the last stream from rocket you know what i mean... and jeah they werent any ddos attacks it was just a bad game ...)

there you go, thats my opinion!

You telling me that because I'm unhappy with the sloppy development of this mod that I shouldn't be running a server? Y

You could always.... you know... develop your own mod with all the scripts/changes you prefer already built in. Then what someone else does with their mods won't matter to you in the slightest. I am certain you could do it in less time than you could slap a few extra scripts onto an existing mod, right?  <_<

I like how the developers had a vision of what they wanted to do and stick to it. They have no obligation to follow the demands of the playerbase and they shouldn't. Epoch attracted players based on their premise, based on what they made, before there were any customizations from server admins (I wasn't there so I'm just assuming here).

I like how they have integrity and don't listen to every suggestion from the playerbase, while still accepting very useful scripts such as the area maintain.

I have no idea of how modding, scripting communities often or usually work but this is just how I feel.

No , in my line of work we test stuff properly before releasing it. Very very rarely have we EVER had to do a hotfix for our work.  Yes, I know EXACTLY why they had to push it out so quickly.  You telling me that because I'm unhappy with the sloppy development of this mod that I shouldn't be running a server? You're a funny one aren't you.  You want some tissue to clean that shit off your nose? 

Where ever you work, I have a feeling that it's a larger organization than the Epoch devs, and I have a sneaking suspicion that you are getting paid for it. The devs aren't being paid for their work, are a small team and are working on a mod for a game so be happy you get what you get and keep in mind the old adage "You get what you pay for." If you're so unhappy with what the devs have done, there's a lot more games/mods out there. I'm sure one of them will suit you fine.

Typical DayZ community response. Do as we say! 

lol

PS, I had the updates done yesterday. That doesn't stop me from having an opinion that might not meet with your brown nosing standard!

Create a fork on github that is passworded with your own changes in it.

Problem solved.

WOW, my suggestion would be to be happy with what they put out when they can...

your playerbase will understand, I know mine does,even so far as coming back after I had some issues with my provider...

So, deal with what you get, when you get it...and if you want to modify it after they have released their vision... then so be it

Bags