DZAI Lite Dynamic bandit npc's

Hey people i just thought id post this here because this is a great alternative to sarges ai if you just want random spawnig bandit npc's

Sarges ai is great i find with low number of players but when your server gets busy i find it tends to bog down the server.

(Dont use alongside sarges ai it will cause issues.)

So i came across this on opendayz.

copy and paste from orignal topic

Features:

- Installed to your server's dayz_server.pbo - nothing is downloaded or run on clients.
- AI spawning is completely dynamic and automatically generated - there is no need to manually add spawn points.
- AI weapons are assigned by using data in DayZ's own CfgBuildingLoot configs, so AI can use any lootable weapons.
- AI spawn points with no players nearby will periodically relocate themselves around the map area, so there is no predicting where AI will show up next.
- The number of AI spawned is dependent on the number of players within the trigger area, so the difficulty is self-adjusting. The more populated the area is, the more AI that will spawn in. (Minimum of 2±1 to a maximum of 6±1)
- The AI despawn when there are no players in the area, or some time after they are killed.
- Designed to be compatible with every DayZ map*

* Tested on Chernarus, Namalsk, Namalsk 2017, and Isla Duala, but should also be compatible with the following maps (Please let me know if these maps work for you):

• Utes
  • Zargabad
  • Fallujah
  • Takistan
  • Taviana
  • Lingor
  • Oring
  • Panthera
  • Sahrani

About the AI:

- The AI are hostile to all player units and work together. They're not meant to be your friend.
- The AI's skill settings is dependent on the weapon they are given. AI with rarer weapons will have higher skill parameters.
- The AI carry a minimal amount of gear to prevent farming. Each AI unit will carry: 1 weapon, 1 magazine, possibility of binoculars, rare possibility of NVGs.

Also i added it in so every kill you get you will gain 100 humanity.

I had the issue of the bandit npc's coming to my safezone trader citys and shooting people untill i came across  maca134's safezones so i added this in also and works great!.

So here i will post a fresh epoch 1.0.1.1 server pbo and mission file for chernaurs.

Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifsldqkjndnqtma/bandit%20npc%27s.zip

Big thanks to buttface for this one!!

Well, they run in the server files, so smaller mission downloads.

The way you can customise them is good. My only issue is the placement is abit random. Im using them with the random bandit camps that spawn, with sarge i could specify the exact point i wanted them but with DZAI its abit varied still.

Well, they run in the server files, so smaller mission downloads.

The way you can customise them is good. My only issue is the placement is abit random. Im using them with the random bandit camps that spawn, with sarge i could specify the exact point i wanted them but with DZAI its abit varied still.

Maca - do you know if AI in vehicles is possible with the DAZI Lite mod? What I am wondering is:

1) Can they be made to steal vehicles, like they do in Sarge's AI?

2) Is it possible to get a bandit AI in vehicle to spawn? Eg. Bandit heli on the server patroling?

Thanks in advance :D

DZAI is great, they look and act like real players and are carrying backpacks.

I also find them more advanced / smarter than Sarges AI.

@PetuniaEpoch: Enemy AI chopper patrols have been added in version 1.2.0, also i believe the creator is working on AI driving vehicles. (can't steal vehicles atm)

@Richardfromlost: I don't believe you can edit how many AI spawn due to the amount of automatic calculations that do it for you. e.g - How many people on the server and in the same area. Also you will find larger groups in high value areas (NWAF, NEAF)

which Dayz_server.pbo should be edited with the files from DZAI Lite???

I tried using this tutorial: http://opendayz.net/threads/release-dzai…-package.12112/

3. "Copy and paste the downloaded DZAI folder inside dayz_server (you should also see config.cpp in the same folder)"

I have an epoch server and in my folder "@DayZ_Epoch_Server" i found a file called server.pbo.

But it doesn´t include config.cpp

similar problem with 4th step:

Edit dayz_server/server_monitor.sqf           --> It isn´t included in server.pbo from this folder: "@DayZ_Epoch_Server"

Do i have to edit it without that *.cpp? Or which *.pbo should be edited??

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was wondering how to make the AI choppers stay after shooting them down. They will land, and the guys will get out, but then a few secs later they dissapear and the chopper explodes. We want more realism on our servdr if possible. Thanks in advance.

if i want to reduce the numbers of Ai should i edit:

DZAI/init/world_map_configs/world_chernarus.sqf 

or

extras/DZAI static trigger files/DZAI_Chernarus.Chernarus/mission.sqf

or both thx

and also some people get kicked of the server for no reason i was wondering if DZAI is doing this ?

thx

• 4 weeks later...

Just came off a server that Ran some AI script I LOVED. Now that Im starting my own server Im trying to find it, they wont tell me of course lol. Is this what Im looking for it I want the radios to tell me when bandits are preparing for an ambush? I see I gain humanity with kills so thats important to me. Also important is my ability to adjust the amount of AI over all.

Did I find my new home for AI?

Quick Edit :

Link is empty?

• 3 months later...

I've been using this on my epoch server, The Winchester (if this allowed) and I think it's pretty good. I have a few heli patrols and a few vehicle patrols. I like the script but the only problem I've found is that they spawn a lot near traders especially Stary. They also really comer the nwaf. Was playing last night and couldn't even search nwaf cause was so many. I set the value that lowers amount of ai to like 3500 and there is still a lot.

• 4 months later...

how can i get more patrols in dzai

10:19:28 "DZAI Monitor :: Server Uptime: [0d 0h 19m 2s]. Active AI Groups: 2."
10:19:28 "DZAI Monitor :: Static Spawns: 0. Respawn Queue: 0 groups queued."
10:19:28 "DZAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 0. Air Patrols: 1. Land Patrols: 1."

id like to have like 4 helis and 4 land vics

how can i get more patrols in dzai

10:19:28 "DZAI Monitor :: Server Uptime: [0d 0h 19m 2s]. Active AI Groups: 2."

10:19:28 "DZAI Monitor :: Static Spawns: 0. Respawn Queue: 0 groups queued."

10:19:28 "DZAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 0. Air Patrols: 1. Land Patrols: 1."

id like to have like 4 helis and 4 land vics

Check dzai_config.sqf

Check dzai_config.sqf

uyup its done

/*    AI Air vehicle patrol settings. These AI vehicles will randomly travel between different cities and towns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/        

//Global maximum number of active AI air vehicle patrols. Set at 0 to disable (Default: 0).                            

DZAI_maxHeliPatrols = 7;

/*AI Land vehicle patrol settings. These AI vehicles will randomly travel between different cities and towns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/    

//Global maximum number of active AI land vehicle patrols. Set at 0 to disable (Default: 0).    

DZAI_maxLandPatrols = 8;

no matter the number i put i only get 1 heli and 1 vic patroling

DZAI_maxHeliPatrols and DZAI_maxLandPatrols are only limits to how many of each vehicle class to spawn. If you look just a few lines lower, you will see these lines:

//Classnames of air vehicle types to use, with the maximum amount of each type to spawn. Default: [["UH1H_DZ",1]]
DZAI_heliList = [["UH1H_DZ",1]];

And...

//Classnames of land vehicle types to use, with the maximum amount of each type to spawn. Default: [["UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1",1]]
DZAI_vehList = [["UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1",1]];

The 1 next to each vehicle classname is the amount of that vehicle to make available to spawn. If you want up to 8 UH1H_DZ to spawn at once, you need to set that to 8.

Summary:

• DZAI_heliList and DZAI_vehList can be thought of as your "parking garage" where you store all your vehicles.
  • DZAI_maxHeliPatrols and DZAI_maxVehPatrols is how many of each vehicle class to let out of your "garage" at once. You can't let out more vehicles than you actually have in your garage.

Just think of how Epoch's dynamic vehicle system works (number of vehicles to spawn, classnames and amount of each vehicle to spawn). DZAI works exactly like that.