[Release] Multiple Character Support (now compatible with Epoch 1.0.5.1)

Axe Cop

Hey :) Great work man!! Keep it up ;)

I got a problem: my server is everytime stucking at this point:

"Res3tting B!S effects..."

and this is my clientside log:

[0.519,"PVDZE_plr_Characters",B 1-1-A:1 (nco.)]

I hope you know a solution to fix this :)

Best regards

nco

P.S. the solution from Otter didnt helped aswell :(

Yes, i followed ur steps 100% correctly an i also used your example files...

I really dont know why its not working :(

you can send me your files and I'll take a look, but there has to be an error or something, maybe with your database that is hard to find the error form "here" :/

take a look in your HiveExt.log and search for "Method: 100" that is the request from my mod, and after you have choosen are character "Method: 101", but you don't get that far I think?

Updated to version 1.2:

• fix for the dialog closing (skipping of the character dialog) with some anti hack scripts or other heavy load scripts in the init.sqf (dialog now opens again when you press ESC or if it gets closed by other scripts until you choose a slot or press disconnect)
  • 5 second debug timer removed, not necessary anymore
  • new refresh button to refresh the character data and last login time (character data will be requested from the server/database again if you press this button)
  • new disconnect button to go back to the lobby without choosing a character
  • now displays a female picture in the background if the character is female :p

Upgrade info: to upgrade from an older version you just need to replace the two files RscDisplayCharacterSelect.hpp and my custom player_monitor.fsm.

Hey :) Great work man!! Keep it up ;)

I got a problem: my server is everytime stucking at this point:

and this is my clientside log:

[0.519,"PVDZE_plr_Characters",B 1-1-A:1 (nco.)]

I hope you know a solution to fix this :)

Best regards

nco

P.S. the solution from Otter didnt helped aswell :(

Have the same problem.

Can someone add their files with normal epoch default files and this addon.

The files should be in the download package in the "example files" folder? if you have stock Epoch just replace the files.

one thing many admins forget is adding the dialog or variables to their custom anti hack.. with stock epoch this is not necessary only the one public variable in the BattlEye filter.

The files should be in the download package in the "example files" folder? if you have stock Epoch just replace the files.

one thing many admins forget is adding the dialog or variables to their custom anti hack.. with stock epoch this is not necessary only the one public variable in the BattlEye filter.

What do I need to white list 

"one thing many admins forget is adding the dialog or variables to their custom anti hack.."

Hey Axe Cop, I was wondering, do the characters get a new characterID each?

I was thinking about how one could use things like, say, a custom loadout which usually goes with playerID; would it be possible to differentiate loadouts between the various characters?

yes and yes :D

of course each character gets a new character ID, look at my screenshots in the title it says "Character 1 ID:12345" that is the CharacterID from the database for debug purposes or whatever :D

for the loadouts, there is a new global variable in my mod called "dayz_characterSlot" you can use that to differentiate the character slots (it should be 1, 2 or 3 after the player has choosen a valid slot)

Oh yeah, that's awesome.

But doesn't Epoch create a new characterID every time you die?

It creates a new ID every tinme you respawn, not die.. but yeah of course.. you wanted to know the character ID? :D

Should be simple to create different loadouts for the player and character slots, not specific character IDs that makes no sense.

Yeap, I found the problem to my .dll & .exe crashing!

It's calling for these database tables:

default_loadout

custom_loadout_players

custom_loadout_types

I added them to my databse (they don't really do anything since I don't use them for default loadout anyway) and it seems to be working perfectly.

Yea, that's what I meant. However, I only noticed that after I added your .dll file and at the instance of the crash. The .rpt file wrote a few lines about not finding those tables. And the only place I've ever seen those tables were on dayz.st :)

Sorry if I cause any confusion, it's just the way I solved the problem for me.

Hi Axe,

small question: is it possible to allow admins to always choose every character without restriction ? The reason i ask is because i use it like this: 1 Hero Account, 1 Bandit Accout, 1 Admin Account for helpin Players and stuff.

So when i go to help someone, and want to play afterwards i cannot really choose my character ...

any ideas ?

thanks for your help!

sure you can remove the restrictions for admins only if you want. ;)

I think the easiest way is to override the global variables for the restrictions only for admins (so you don't have to change my script or anything).

in the init.sqf add this to the Epoch config variables:

if (isAdmin) then {
    DZE_CharacterSwitchTimeout = 0;
    DZE_CharacterMinDistance = 0;
};

since the variables are only local that should work this way, you have to define what players are admins I think you know that and have that already defined somewhere most likely?

replace the "isAdmin" in the "if" with the correct expression to determine if you are an admin. if you don't have something like that you can use this as always:

isAdmin = (getPlayerUID player) in ["YOURPLAYERID"];