[Release] Multiple Character Support (now compatible with Epoch 1.0.5.1)

Axe Cop

@Ragfire and @SirRadec can your check your client log files? luckily I did leave the log messages in there for cases like this lol

you should see messages like this one:

[169.053,"PVDZE_plr_Characters",B 1-1-A:1 (Axe Cop)]
[174.087,"PVDZE_plr_CharactersRes",[[["13567",1,[292,[6756.06,13450.4,0.001]],1,1,11200,[13,7,0,0],340590,"TK_INS_Soldier_EP1_DZ",0,1,2725],["13645",2,[264,[6497.44,7520.75,0.001]],1,1,-21495,[1,1,0,0],145636,"SurvivorW2_DZ",0,27,2689],["13680",3,[90,[4650.97,2568.98,0]],0,1,2500,[0,0,0,0],21092,"Survivor2_DZ",0,2710,5]],0.96]]
[174.087,"createDialog RscDisplayCharacterSelect"]
"CharacterSelectDisplay.onLoad"
[206.53,"RscDisplayCharacterSelect closed"]

PVDZE_plr_Characters is the request to the server and PVDZE_plr_CharactersRes the response with the list of your characters (you don't need to understand the data),

also CharacterSelectDisplay.onLoad is written to the log when the dialog is loaded and "RscDisplayCharacterSelect closed" when you close it either by choosing a character or by pressing ESC (that will chose character slot 1 by default)

I hope I grabbed this from the right one

};
_id = [] execFSM _id = [] execFSM "custom\player_monitor.fsm">
  Error position: <= [] execFSM "custom\player_monitor.fsm">
  Error Missing ;
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\custom\player_monitor.sqf, line 4
Error in expression <eloadFinished};
};

its repeated alot in there so im guessing thats the problem

EDIT:Just noticed what I might have done testing the server again ill post here if it works

Edited by SirRadec

I hope I grabbed this from the right one

its repeated alot in there so im guessing thats the problem

Well do what the error tells you "missing ;", so add it :p

is that your line? should be

_id = [] execFSM _id = [] execFSM "custom\player_monitor.fsm";

Well do what the error tells you "missing ;", so add it :P

is that your line? should be

_id = [] execFSM _id = [] execFSM "custom\player_monitor.fsm";

yea I just noticed that lol I'm retesting the server atm so, boy do I feel stupid

Axe Cop, with your HiveExt.dll I don't get in the near of the player selection.

If I try to join my server. I am stuck in the loading screen.

Here is my hole RPT.log

https://gist.github.com/ragfire/7998647

you guys definitely have a lot of weird problem you know that... :p

you especially that is a native access error and can be anything, has to be related to the DLL of course but it is almost impossible to find the cause of that error with this stupid DLL files

all i know is that you are the only one who has problems with the DLL's so there has to be a problem on your side, what operating system are you using? my files should be drop in replacements for the Epocj ones so they should work the same way I just added 1 simple method to it., that's why native code can be pain if you have an error like this :/

OK Axe Cop, I tried disabling the AH, and it didnt work...and then tried it without BE as well, and still the same problem remains....

Not sure wtf is going on tbh... :huh:

Thoiugh, I'm pretty sure I screwed something over though

Just not sure what

Bags

do you see any of the log messages i posted here about an hour ago? I have to get sonme sleep soon, better hurry or try again tomorrow :/

I can't do nothing with your HiveExt.dll, sorry but DLL files are binary encoded machine code like EXE files so nobody can reverse engineer that to the code it was compiled from :/

and I'm sorry but I can't explain you why that error occurs maybe someone else has an idea.. maybe the hoster doesn't  allow you to change the DLL or they are using linux or whatever there might be all kinds of problems with native code like DLL files but there is not much you can do about it if you don't have full acces to the computer itself and install some software or whatever :(

Do you have a test server or something on your local machine? You should test it there maybe.. I always do that and then upload everything to my live server.

Without changing the HiveExt.dll this mod is impossible, I would not have done it if it wasn't nessesary.

I'm with Vilayer as well, can't get this to work. Installed on a fresh Chernarus server with no antihack. Checked the install several times, pretty sure I followed all the steps correctly.

Loading screen - stays here for a while, then fades to a black screen --> "empty" character:

94ei.png

5uwn.png

Couldn't find any obvious errors in the RPT, although there were a large number of:

Server error: Player without identity Frink

http://pastebin.com/grW9wuMU

When I hosted a 2017 server with them 6 months ago, they had to make some updates to the HiveExt.dll to get things working, so they may have done other customizations as well.

I can't do nothing with your HiveExt.dll, sorry but DLL files are binary encoded machine code like EXE files so nobody can reverse engineer that to the code it was compiled from :/

and I'm sorry but I can't explain you why that error occurs maybe someone else has an idea.. maybe the hoster doesn't  allow you to change the DLL or they are using linux or whatever there might be all kinds of problems with native code like DLL files but there is not much you can do about it if you don't have full acces to the computer itself and install some software or whatever :(

Do you have a test server or something on your local machine? You should test it there maybe.. I always do that and then upload everything to my live server.

Without changing the HiveExt.dll this mod is impossible, I would not have done it if it wasn't nessesary.

Thanks for your response.

As you have suggested, I set up a Test server on my local machine. Testet it with the default files from epoch afterwards my server files and then I tryed yours. Checked everything again and again. I'm sure I did it right.

Same thing... Now I got full server rights... Server crashes with (I think) the same RPT.logs

http://pastebin.com/ML77SrAt

Sorry, for giving you headaches :P

Thanks for your response.

As you have suggested, I set up a Test server on my local machine. Testet it with the default files from epoch afterwards my server files and then I tryed yours. Checked everything again and again. I'm sure I did it right.

Same thing... Now I got full server rights... Server crashes with (I think) the same RPT.logs

http://pastebin.com/ML77SrAt

Sorry, for giving you headaches :P

You are getting an (C0000005)  ACCESS_VIOLATION error first on "D:\dayZ\Server\Expansion\beta\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll"   <---- have you also replaced that .dll ?

Its the operating system telling you that a program has malfunctioned and tried to reference no mans land. It has nothing specific to do with any particular program, or a brand of software, this is straight from the CPU and kernel of the operating system.

Your system doesnt like that .dll....or it told it to run something that it didnt understand and tried to access a part of the kernel that its off the limits.

Are you using a x32 or x64 Windows.

Maybe axe should post both versions of the dlls.

You are getting an (C0000005)  ACCESS_VIOLATION error first on "D:\dayZ\Server\Expansion\beta\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll"   <---- have you also replaced that .dll ?

Its the operating system telling you that a program has malfunctioned and tried to reference no mans land. It has nothing specific to do with any particular program, or a brand of software, this is straight from the CPU and kernel of the operating system.

Your system doesnt like that .dll....or it told it to run something that it didnt understand and tried to access a part of the kernel that its off the limits.

Are you using a x32 or x64 Windows.

Maybe axe should post both versions of the dlls.

well this is getting complicated and you guys have more problem than i can solve..

first you should NOT replace that file "Expansion\beta\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll" that is a custom version of tbb by BI (hence the name) and used by ArmA itself and not the Hive extension, i use the default version and it works on many other servers too like this, only replace the files that come with epoch for the custom hive and not the arma ones please.

second there is no 64-bit version of arma, it should always be 32-bit as far as i know!?

@Ragfire what operating system are you using now for you test server? i am sure you did replace a wrong file or somehting this can't be if the default HiceExt.dll is working.

All i can think of is you need the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)" for the dll to work, but the original HiveExt and ArmA itself should need that too so I am sure you have that installed already.

if everything fails there might be a small chance the files itself have been corrupted while extracting my ZIP archive..

@fr1nk usually you would get stuck at that screen if BattlEye kicks you while trying to get the character data from the server, please check your CLIENT log I've posted on the previous page with example output. :)

thats means you never get the response from the server so your game gets stuck, maybe you missed some changes to the server files check your log first.

@fr1nk usually you would get stuck at that screen if BattlEye kicks you while trying to get the character data from the server, please check your CLIENT log I've posted on the previous page with example output. :)

thats means you never get the response from the server so your game gets stuck, maybe you missed some changes to the server files check your log first.

Thanks for the reply. Took a peek in arma2OA.rpt, and found this:

[11.726,"PVDZE_plr_characters",B 1-1-A:1 (Frink)]
Fresnel k  must be >0, given n=0.8, k=0
Fresnel k  must be >0, given n=0.8, k=0

Well ok your client is sending the request to the server but never gets an response! I would say check my file on the server where the answer should be send: server_playerCharacters.sqf verify if you followed all steps that the file is called or add a debug message to the file to verify that with the server report log

Installed on my 1.0.3.1 test server, running perfectly! Nice work Axe, another great addition by you. 

Install instructions were great too, followed them to the letter and perfect!

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks! My bad.

Also, is there an eta when players might be restricted in swapping their characters? like a timer

Hi Axe!,

finally got time to try this mod and it works really good!

The only Problem i see is that we will need some kind of Timer to use other Characters because f.e:

Someone gets killed in his base, people are starting to rob him, he logs in with his second character and kills them ....., thats not something what should be possible!

So id really appreciate if we could find a solution to restrict characters for 30 minutes or something!

Otherwise its a really nice Mod, thank you for that!

waTTe

PS: Install Instructions were perfect, everything worked without any error!