[Release] Multiple Character Support (now compatible with Epoch 1.0.5.1)

Axe Cop

Hello, 

First of all... Amazing script, works a treat now I've managed to get it installed. I have a few recommendations for the script (If they're possible)

1) Show gear or even just clothing for each instance.

2) Add a section for Zupa's Currency so a player can see how many coins he/she has on each character.

Just a suggestion.

Kind Regards,

Mezo :)

1) Show gear or even just clothing for each instance.

sure that would be nice, I thought about it back then when I made the script, but is is very complicated to do that as currently it only shows a simple picture in the background.. 

I had an idea to just render the players in 3d behind the text like you see yourself in game with all your gear, but there are many problems with that because it all run on a multiplayer server so the 3d models would be visible for all players not just you and other stuff to think about, also much work :D

2) Add a section for Zupa's Currency so a player can see how many coins he/she has on each character.

that should be fairly easy to do if you want that, if you know how to get the currency (there should be a simple function call for that) :)

sure that would be nice, I thought about it back then when I made the script, but is is very complicated to do that as currently it only shows a simple picture in the background.. 

I had an idea to just render the players in 3d behind the text like you see yourself in game with all your gear, but there are many problems with that because it all run on a multiplayer server so the 3d models would be visible for all players not just you and other stuff to think about, also much work :D

that should be fairly easy to do if you want that, if you know how to get the currency (there should be a simple function call for that) :)

Yeah, I figured the first would be a lot of work. The second is definitely something worth looking into though.

Since you're around you may be able to answer my one small question; Zupa's coins only save on 1 instance, whichever one you spawn on first? anyway to fix this to save on all?

Thanks Axe,

Regards,

Mezo

Since you're around you may be able to answer my one small question; Zupa's coins only save on 1 instance, whichever one you spawn on first? anyway to fix this to save on all?

maybe you should ask Zupa that, he modified some of my scripts to work with his single coins system.. I can't tell how to change it because I never looked at the code :D

• 6 months later...

For people wanting to use this with Single Currency I can confirm this works fine when using souls Single Currency and these HiveExt.dll files, http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15341-custom-hiveextdll-release/

I used the second one in the list of files, It supports Souls SC and Axe Cop Multi Char. The banking data is shared across the 3 characters however the wallet data per character (cashMoney) is separate. 

Is it possible to have this script use Slots for each characters banking data in the database like the character data does ? that would be pretty cool to have different banks per character as I found if I am rich on a survivor account I could switch to bandit buy a bandit heli give the key to my own safe in my base and then 30 mins later switch back to my survivor account and have a armed bandit chopper without needing to be bandit etc. I know this would still be possible if I had enough money on a bandit account to buy the chopper and put the key in my safe but with separate banking data per character it would mean you are forced a little bit to earn that bank money as a bandit rather than getting rich quick from your other character etc. Just a thought :) love the script btw ! 

• 1 month later...

Im only getting this

server_hiveReadWriteLar>
 0:13:07   Error position: <_resultArray
};

server_hiveReadWriteLar>
 0:13:07   Error Undefined variable in expression: _resultarray
 0:13:07 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 221
 0:13:07 Error in expression <ey call server_hiveReadWrite;
if (count _data > 0) then {
if ((_data select 0) !>
 0:13:07   Error position: <_data > 0) then {
if ((_data select 0) !>
 0:13:07   Error Undefined variable in expression: _data
 0:13:07 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerCharacters.sqf, line 12
 0:13:07 Error in expression <;
};

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, nidico100 said:

It's working on my server, but looks a bit buggy with Nox's Custom Debugmonitor.

Also the location seems buggy if it's to long.

There might be some layout problems if the font size is to large, sadly there is not an easy way to make a dynamic layout for ArmA mods :(

You know the user (client) can scale the font in the UI settings, e.g. with the setting "Interface size: small" so the fonts gets smaller...

3 hours ago, Axe Cop said:

There might be some layout problems if the font size is to large, sadly there is not an easy way to make a dynamic layout for ArmA mods :(

You know the user (client) can scale the font in the UI settings, e.g. with the setting "Interface size: small" so the fonts gets smaller...

Yeah i know :/

I am using small :/ that's the problem

Is it possbile to don't show the location and instead of this how much Blood a char has or just remove this line?

Or the best would be location line without meters. Only for example "Near Stary Sobor", but then i think "Near Elektrozavodsk" is to long again right? But maybe give it a try?

And the survived time in two lines or only in days? then everything would fit i think

could you say me where i have to edit for these things?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/18/2017 at 7:43 PM, hellraver said:

Hi Axe,

Hiveext.dll has been changed in Epoch 1.0.6. Will there be an update give for the Multi Character script so that it works well under 1.0.6?

Best Regards

hellraver

Hi, I don't have much time atm. Also I'm not in the loop of the current development of Epoch for ArmA 2, I tough there wasn't an update for over 2 years or something... anyway if there is an update to the Hive DLL it isn't in the official repository (https://github.com/vbawol/DayZhiveEpoch last change was about 3 years ago) or did that change as well? If so I don't know where to find the source of the changes, if it even is available as open source...

Btw my hive changes are open source since the release, so if someone wants to build a new HIVE DLL they are free to do so with my modifications: https://github.com/vos/DayZhiveEpoch

1 minute ago, Axe Cop said:

Hi, I don't have much time atm. Also I'm not in the loop of the current development of Epoch for ArmA 2, I tough there wasn't an update for over 2 years or something... anyway if there is an update to the Hive DLL it isn't in the official repository (https://github.com/vbawol/DayZhiveEpoch last change was about 3 years ago) or did that change as well? If so I don't know where to find the source of the changes, if it even is available as open source...

I believe I referenced the Hive repo in the changelog. Either way, changes made to the new Hive are found in the pull request in the HiveExt repo you linked to.

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZhiveEpoch/pull/13

6 minutes ago, icomrade said:

I believe I referenced the Hive repo in the changelog. Either way, changes made to the new Hive are found in the pull request in the HiveExt repo you linked to.

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZhiveEpoch/pull/13

Oh ok if the changes are in an open pull request I didn't check that. At least something but I'm still busy atm and it's lots of work to get the required pre requirements to build the hive dll and stuff so, at least it was a pain back then... :D

2 minutes ago, Axe Cop said:

Oh ok if the changes are in an open pull request I didn't check that. At least something but I'm still busy atm and it's lots of work to get the required pre requirements to build the hive dll and stuff so, at least it was back then... :D

It was a huge pain in the ass to actually get set up so I could build the hive... considering I only have Visual Studio 2015 I had to rebuild and update all of the dependencies. If you make a fork of the hive with the changes from my pull request, I'd be willing to build it for you with your changes. Of course, it's not optimal, but it sure as hell beats rebuilding the dependencies

2 minutes ago, icomrade said:

It was a huge pain in the ass to actually get set up so I could build the hive... considering I only have Visual Studio 2015 I had to rebuild and update all of the dependencies. If you make a fork of the hive with the changes from my pull request, I'd be willing to build it for you with your changes. Of course, it's not optimal, but it sure as hell beats rebuilding the dependencies

yeah thanks for the offer, I don't know if it's worth or how many people are still using this mod.. since the hive changes are only a part of my mod after all it sure is some work and requires some testing as well.. I think my hive changes are pretty easy to merge with your code if someone just wants to do that.. but I still remember the pain in the ass to build the hive myself haha :p

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

is there any chance seeing this updated to 1061?

this is the only problem Im having right now in upgrading to 1061 as my server heavily depends on this script and the characterselection.

I have a pve server with 3 different classes (hero, bandit, ranger) which are very different to one another.

€: the coding is not the problem, its the custom .dll I have a problem with.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, seelenapparat said:

thats the problem isnt it? doing the code is actually not the issue. but having the hiveext.dll sourcecode and compiling it is.

Hi guys, sadly that is the truth as we already discussed earlier this year...

It takes at least a few hours to setup the environment to compile the hive DLL (if you're lucky), but if you really wanna do it you can follow the instrcutions here https://github.com/vbawol/DayZhiveEpoch/blob/master/README 

I just don't have the time to do it at the moment, you can thank the author of the hive DLL for the complicated setup or just C++ itself since it can be a pain to use C++ with many external libraries :/