Bomb's craftAnything - A Modular Crafting Script

looter809

craftAnything for DayZ Epoch 1.0.7.1+
A script I originally wrote for TLF servers, but with their permission I am releasing to the public to celebrate getting the A2 Community Dev role in the Epoch Discord. This script allows you to add a ton of craftable items to your server. It is super modular, and takes up very little space. It is also very easy to configure. You can add as many configs as you want. TLF has come up with about 40 custom crafting configs, I have included their turret configs in the example configVariables.sqf file.

Installation & Setup
Download the code as a zip file here https://github.com/ZzBombardierzZ/DayZ-Epoch-CraftAnything/archive/refs/heads/main.zip
Copy the craftAnything.sqf file into your mission folder, inside of a "scripts" folder. Example: "ServerRoot\mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\scripts\craftAnything.sqf"
In your compiles.sqf file, copy the bomb_combineArrayOfDuplicates section in the provided compiles.sqf file and paste it at the in your compiles.sqf file somewhere under if (!isDedicated) then { as shown in the file.
In configVariables.sqf, find the DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS array and add the desired configs to it. See the example configVariables.sqf file for more info.
Go into the newly created craftAnything.sqf file and edit the "CONFIG SECTION" to your liking. Read the comments in the file for more info.

Battleye Filters
If you are using Battleye on your server, you will need to update your scripts.txt file to allow the script to run. I am not going to provide a list of filters unfortunately. It is fairly easy to do yourself. You can look at OpenDayz Guide to BattlEye to learn more about BattlEye filters and use eraser1's BE_AEG to generate scripts.txt filters automatically.

Credits
As mentioned before, I originally wrote this script for TLF servers. I would like to thank them for allowing me to release this to the public. I would also like to thank the Epoch Discord community for their help and support and for giving me the opportunity to become a Community Developer.

License
There is none. But please give credit where credit is due. If you do use this script, please let me know. I would love to see what you do with it.

Contact
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me on Discord at ZzBombardierzZ#5945 or in the Epoch Discord server.

Changelog
v1.0.0 - 2023-01-22 - Initial release
v1.0.1 - 2023-04-12 - Added bomb_combineArrayOfDuplicates function to compiles.sqf file. Thanks to Gnominger in discord for pointing out this issue.

• 2 weeks later...