Movable plot poles

I see that plot poles (now "no entry" signs) will be movable with the upcoming 1.0.1.3 patch. Is this going to be optional in the server config? I hope so personally, with the greatest of respects.

There's enough griefing possibilities already I feel in the mod, this new change being one that will encourage more people to build things on the edge of another player's base perimeter for example. Yes, this can be done now - but most people will not spend 60 gold just to do so. Griefers and bandits will easily be able to make their own hideout and then take their plot pole to a rival base and "build their way in" so to speak. Some of us, including where I play, want to have bases to ourselves and keep the fights in the rest of the map space.

Again, those who are a victim to this could go and retaliate by building at the base of those who built at theirs. But not everyone wants a server full of fucked up bases. Finally, some servers utilize Epoch with Base Building 1.2. BB is of course not your concern, but having something forcibly upsetting, for lack of a better word, their current Epoch & BB setup could cause a long list of help requests here or on github, plus in extreme cases, abandonment of Epoch itself.

Thanks. I love Epoch myself, just to confirm.

I am one of those griefers.

I have been stockpiling gold and building supplies specifically for the purpose of base blocking.  I have about 300-320 10oz gold and I've bought out my 2 servers limit on all building supplies, I think it was 80 - 100 per vendor. 

If a plot pole removal remains as a non-optional feature then I should be able to box people in or keep them on the move at a minimum.  My base is in the ocean so they can't do the same to me.

I am one of those griefers.

I have been stockpiling gold and building supplies specifically for the purpose of base blocking.  I have about 300-320 10oz gold and I've bought out my 2 servers limit on all building supplies, I think it was 80 - 100 per vendor. 

If a plot pole removal remains as a non-optional feature then I should be able to box people in or keep them on the move at a minimum.  My base is in the ocean so they can't do the same to me.

You singlehandedly ruin the game for people. I just hope the people you do it to are deserving.

I'll bet they won't be.

It's only helped paint the picture that creating more opportunities to grief will end up in more servers becoming a complete mess. Less incentive to build, less incentive to play Epoch.

Exactly.  I don't judge the people that lose the ability to build, bottom line is the more they have to adapt to my moves the fewer resources they use. 

The more the Dev team knows about how people can make the game frustrating and undesirable to play the more likely they can make the appropriate corrections.