DZMS - AI running off from the mission area

bumnutz72

Question

Hi,

A problem I have seen with DZMS is that the AI run off from the mission so it won’t clear.

Sometimes they are found quite a way from the mission.

I have the % set to .90 of AI to be killed before the mission clears. I am going to change it back to .85 to see if that helps? 

Is there anything I can change in the configs or mission files to prevent this?

Regards and thanks for any help 

6 answers to this question

Try to change these values:

https://github.com/MigSDev5/DZMS-MissionSystem/blob/d43c281aa736690ff77d581e4a363bc2ca73bf27/DZMS/Scripts/DZMSAISpawn.sqf#L16

_wpRadius = 5;

https://github.com/MigSDev5/DZMS-MissionSystem/blob/d43c281aa736690ff77d581e4a363bc2ca73bf27/DZMS/Scripts/DZMSAISpawn.sqf#L127

_wppos1 = [_xpos, _ypos+30, 0];
_wppos2 = [_xpos+30, _ypos, 0];
_wppos3 = [_xpos, _ypos-30, 0];
_wppos4 = [_xpos-30, _ypos, 0];

and try ..

On 6/19/2021 at 1:55 AM, Mig said:

Try to change these values:

https://github.com/MigSDev5/DZMS-MissionSystem/blob/d43c281aa736690ff77d581e4a363bc2ca73bf27/DZMS/Scripts/DZMSAISpawn.sqf#L16

_wpRadius = 5;

https://github.com/MigSDev5/DZMS-MissionSystem/blob/d43c281aa736690ff77d581e4a363bc2ca73bf27/DZMS/Scripts/DZMSAISpawn.sqf#L127

_wppos1 = [_xpos, _ypos+30, 0];
_wppos2 = [_xpos+30, _ypos, 0];
_wppos3 = [_xpos, _ypos-30, 0];
_wppos4 = [_xpos-30, _ypos, 0];

and try ..

This may help slightly but I don't think it's the solution. The AI don't run off until they have targeted a player, so it's not the randomized movement that's the issue but that the AI doesn't untarget a player sometimes. I have seen some AI run 2km away from their mission.

On 6/22/2021 at 1:54 AM, looter809 said:

This may help slightly but I don't think it's the solution. The AI don't run off until they have targeted a player, so it's not the randomized movement that's the issue but that the AI doesn't untarget a player sometimes. I have seen some AI run 2km away from their mission.

Yeah it doesn’t really work, what I have done is I lowered the percentage of AI to be killed before players can access the crate, so if two or three run off, the mission still clears.

how do the ai at WAI missions stick to the mission area and not run off as far?

On 6/29/2021 at 7:10 AM, looter809 said:

@bumnutz72 I don't think WAI's AI are any better (I used both), Epoch 1.0.7 seemed to have just messed up the AI real bad. And I also turned down the percentage required, but sometimes that's still not enough and I find 5 or 6 AI ran off from a 10 AI mission.

Epoch has not messed up the AIs at all. We have set back the AI Skills back to normal how they are on Arma 2 besides the endurance skill. The old CfgAISkills config used invalid and wrong values and made the AI really dumb. The problem why the AIs move away from the mission is because they are fleeing. The old courage value from the old CfgAISkills were the maximum and the AI could not flee. After changing the CfgAISkills back to normal AIs can flee again now. It is all working as intended as least from the code side. Server admins just have to add

unitGroup allowFleeing 0;

to stop the AIs running away from missions.

Ive posted the change for DZMS here: DZMS

And the WAI change here: WAI

On 7/2/2021 at 9:07 PM, A Man said:

Epoch has not messed up the AIs at all. We have set back the AI Skills back to normal how they are on Arma 2 besides the endurance skill. The old CfgAISkills config used invalid and wrong values and made the AI really dumb. The problem why the AIs move away from the mission is because they are fleeing. The old courage value from the old CfgAISkills were the maximum and the AI could not flee. After changing the CfgAISkills back to normal AIs can flee again now. It is all working as intended as least from the code side. Server admins just have to add

unitGroup allowFleeing 0;

to stop the AIs running away from missions.

Ive posted the change for DZMS here: DZMS

And the WAI change here: WAI

Thanks very much for this fix…. It seems to be working just fine