Epoch 1.0.7 Pre-Release

Airwaves Man

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the Epoch 1.0.7 Pre-Release with signed pbos and the needed server key. This will be in test until the 15th of April to make sure everything works correctly.

Joining with the DayZ Launcher

1. Download and install 7-zip from this website: https://7-zip.de/download.html
  2. Download the Epoch 1.0.7 Client Files from google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Xx0wq8QJFG4AqeXquxMQADm8y73FYeYO
  3. If you have finished the download, unpack the Epoch 1.0.7 Client Files. You need at least 7,4 GB of disk space.
  4. Go into the folder where you have installed all your of Arma 2 OA DayZ mods. It depends on where the DayZ Launcher has set the path.
  5. Once you found the folder with your mods rename @DayZ_Epoch to @DayZ_Epoch_old.
  6. Copy and paste the downloaded and unpacked folder from 3. into the mods folder where you have renamed the Epoch Mod. Keep in mind you need at least 7,4 GB of disk space.
  7. There should be a folder with the name @DayZ_Epoch_old and @DayZ_Epoch now.
  8. Click on @DayZ_Epoch and check if there is a sub folder called addons. @DayZ_Epoch\addons.
  9. If there is another folder called @DayZ_Epoch copy everything from this folder into the root folder called @DayZ_Epoch. So it looks like: that @DayZ_Epoch\addons and not: @DayZ_Epoch@DayZ_Epoch\addons.
  10. You are ready to join an Epoch 1.0.7 Server now. Open the DayZ Launcher and join 94.130.68.169 - Offical DayZ Epoch 1.0.7 Pre-Release Version
  11. You will get a message that Epoch needs validating/updating. Click ok and ignore it. You can join the Test Server now.
  12. If you want to join any other Epoch non 1.0.7 server, just rename @DayZ_Epoch_old back to @DayZ_Epoch

For Server Admins: You have to update to the new server files that coming with this Pre-Release update.

1. Download and install 7-zip from this website: https://7-zip.de/download.html
  2. Download the Epoch 1.0.7 Server Files from google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gHNE4VBCeYXi0P_hosAI8k-49v15WNdr
  3. Take the DayZEpoch107.bikey from the Server Files keys folder and put them into your server keys folder.
  4. Also set verifySignatures = 2; in your config.cfg to activate the signatures check.

How to test:

1. Do not use any third party scripts or tools. Do not use infistar as an admin tool. Use this testkit: https://github.com/worldwidesorrow/TestKit
  2. Enable -showscripterrors in the DayZ Launcher and never ever use -nologs for testing.
  3. If you have bugs and problems on testing always provide logs. Server(if you are the admin) and Client Logs. You can find the Client Logs under C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA
  4. It is possbile that the folder is hidden in windows. You can make it visible: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028316/windows-view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10
  5. Do not post the logs directly, use pastebin.com, google drive, or something like that and add the link.

Report all bugs under this topic.

ok, before RC2 had classic bloodbags enabled, they worked fine, both for self transfuse and to bloodbag others. When I added RC2 to the server I switched to the normal bloodbag types, the only time that worked was with whole bloodbags, 1 player could not transfuse another with either O- or the correct type. Switched back to classic for now.

Not a game breaker, just wondered if anyone else had this issue

the player had less than 5000 points health, the other player had the bloodbag, player with blood loss was B-, player attempting to transfuse had correct bloodtype, no menu option shown and unable to bloodbag. Had logging turned off at the time as had not had any issues. No worries , just wondered if anyone else had seen this , classic bloodbag in use for now

Quick report and Question, 

So far not found any problems.. but only just reached hero so building not even started yet,(now started) only things I noticed but maybe change in other versions, as not played in a couple of years. The ore rocks used to be breakable with a sledge hammer, I was bashing away for over 50 hits I think and no breakage.. do I need a pickaxe or something? 

Any chance of scheduled restart even if only a couple of times a day..couple of players mentioned it and I for one could do with some tree's closer to home....yes I started to build lol

I'm Oddjob on server by the way.

EDIT:

Thank you...reboots make life much better for all!

Rather than make any bug reports this post is to thank you for all the hard work you have done, Dynamic winter weather is amazing, the cold becomes a real killer to players, when it starts raining or snowing EVERY player switches to pure survival. There is also a special thankyou from my wife for all the female player skins, she is like a lady in a shoe shop, has to try EVERYTHING lol

4 hours ago, A Man said:

@TuBz You can still destroy veins with a sledgehammer but the overall damage of chainsaws and sledgehammers got decreased. It just takes a while.

I think I have a broken sledge then.. tried again for ages this morning... well now I know it should work I will keep going till it breaks:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 10:01 AM, A Man said:

Ohh what has happened since the rc4 update...wearing a ghilli and holding a few different snipers i now have 1 arm about 4 times it usual length :(. also acr ammo is now invisible in inventory both of these where fine before did i miss part of the upgrade to rc4.. also 1/2 my guns now do not show up as held in inventory tell me its just me knackering my install somehow. On the plus side good to see some missions to do now:)

On 3/23/2021 at 9:11 AM, A Man said:

@TuBz sounds like you have messed something up. Re-install everything.

yer right...no thanks ill just wait for official now.. can't be faffed with yet another complete re-install 

(Currently I'd be more likely to do a complete uninstall thanks)