money system

Achmed

I know there is currently Gold, Silver, Copper, Tin and Aluminum Bars but what i am suggesting is a more higher value items like platinum and diamonds

after a bit of trading and selling i have quite a few 10oz gold bars so would be nice to be able trade up some more.

Maybe have the platinum the same as all other bars but have the diamonds work like the quiver does (a bag of diamonds takes 1 slot and needs 2 or more to start and add more dimonds to the bag untill you reach the maximum number allowed)

I'd like to see the opposite.  It could just be the servers Ive been on but nobody, absolutely nobody deals in anything less than silver.

Vendors deal in copper etc. and we need tin to make keys but the progressive currency system is largely wasted.  Maybe if silver and gold were harder to get, but as of now I'd just wipe everything but the two primary currency.

To be fair currency in itself would be a lot different in my mind if the world was to turn to DayZ.. people wouldn't be carrying multitudes of 10oz bars of precious metal to trade.

Items of value would be "More Resourceful" or "Vanity Items" .. I would love to go up to a trade dealer and be able to dump my backpack of food/medical supplies .. and say .. "What will you give me for this?"

And him to reply.. "Take your pick of my rifles and 6 clips of ammo to go with it" only for me to finish off with.. "Throw in something sharper than my dull knife and its a deal."

However.. without making an entire new game. I am really happy with what epoch have done so far bringing us so much more meta game to DayZ, and only think it will get bigger and better.

while i agree with what you have said i just think that it could do with some finance item that is not easy to get. i know i can change the value on my server but would rather leave the trading as it is.

currently you can get a 10oz gold with no trouble at all as all outfits are 1 gold and they can be found in a lot of cars

Change the prices.. (Controllable by admins)

Cars cannot be sold only purchased and are in low supply (Controllable by admins)

Make it harder to get income. Making spending it that much sweeter :)

Agreed.

Most people have several 10oz gold within days.  I'd be fine with more struggle for wealth.

bump

I think (just my mind) it was a good idea to have Money like Wasteland

for what ? Simply for give make some work like mercenary

- I've a trouble with a survivor and i said to a mercenary group to help me, then i can give some money.

Then remove 120Gold limitation to have car or rare weapon more expensive.

To be fair currency in itself would be a lot different in my mind if the world was to turn to DayZ.. people wouldn't be carrying multitudes of 10oz bars of precious metal to trade.

Items of value would be "More Resourceful" or "Vanity Items" .. I would love to go up to a trade dealer and be able to dump my backpack of food/medical supplies .. and say .. "What will you give me for this?"

And him to reply.. "Take your pick of my rifles and 6 clips of ammo to go with it" only for me to finish off with.. "Throw in something sharper than my dull knife and its a deal."

However.. without making an entire new game. I am really happy with what epoch have done so far bringing us so much more meta game to DayZ, and only think it will get bigger and better.

Toilet Paper..Razors...

Currently worthless trash. Could make the a rarer drop and could make them worth a good amount, especially that TP.

How much would you pay to clean your arse with good old fashioned TP instead of a leaf? Seriously..consider that.

I know there is currently Gold, Silver, Copper, Tin and Aluminum Bars but what i am suggesting is a more higher value items like platinum and diamonds

after a bit of trading and selling i have quite a few 10oz gold bars so would be nice to be able trade up some more.

Maybe have the platinum the same as all other bars but have the diamonds work like the quiver does (a bag of diamonds takes 1 slot and needs 2 or more to start and add more dimonds to the bag untill you reach the maximum number allowed)

Technically there is a Money item in the game already, had it drop as a currency between folks on a server i used to run.

Could use that but meh..

Some good points being raised on this thread.

I agree with the guy early on in the thread who said that on most "out the box" Epoch servers most players don't bother with anything less than silver. I think this largely suggests that further tweaks are needed on the epoch trading currency for future released.

The way we are tackling it is;-

- We've removed "Gucci" vehicles of high value from the Dynamic spawn list to stop people just hunting for choppers/heavy armour to sell for quick fixes of gold

- Lowered the sale values of a lot of the vehicles and weapons

- Reduced the amount of dynamic vehicles themselves

- Increased some of the bigger vehicle prices 

So far its been quite successful (apart from the problems we're having with DayZ.st breaking our traders since 1.0.1.4!!!!!!) and we dont get players just quickly hopping round the map after re-starts selling fuel trucks, special land rovers and choppers then pocketing the 10Oz gold. It means players have to go about a slower process fo trading in stages, gradually trading up for vehicles that enable them to scavenge more and /tow/pack more.