Intro Cam Script 1.0.6.2

Bostigo

Question

8 answers to this question

PVDZE_plr_LoginRecord has changed to PVDZ_plr_LoginRecord in Epoch 1.0.6 and above.

Edit: Also, when working on adding scripts it's wise to launch your game with the -showScriptErrors parameter set in your launch options. This will pop script errors up on your screen in-game and is extremely useful when trying to figure out what's going wrong.

Edited by THAC0_Gewch

22 hours ago, Bostigo said:

4 hours ago, THAC0_Gewch said:

PVDZE_plr_LoginRecord has changed to PVDZ_plr_LoginRecord in Epoch 1.0.6 and above.

Edit: Also, when working on adding scripts it's wise to launch your game with the -showScriptErrors parameter set in your launch options. This will pop script errors up on your screen in-game and is extremely useful when trying to figure out what's going wrong.

Thank you so much

Could you quickly  tell me where you would put  J

PVDZ_plr_LoginRecord

Because i think there is no 

dayz_previousID = 0;

anymore

also could you explain me why i need to exec this with"_nul" ?

Never noticed this

_nul = [] execVM "camera\loginCamera.sqf";

8 hours ago, Bostigo said:

Could you quickly  tell me where you would put  J

PVDZ_plr_LoginRecord

Because i think there is no 

dayz_previousID = 0;

You are quite correct. I hadn't noticed this script is 7 years old, I actually am doubting now this would even work on Epoch 1.0.5.1, let alone the current version. We can still try, though.

PVDZ_plr_LoginRecord is initialized and assigned a value in the player_monitor finite state machine. Basically, this means you should try adding it anytime after player_monitor.fsm. Perhaps the very bottom of your init is a good place to start.

also could you explain me why i need to exec this with"_nul" ?
_nul = [] execVM "camera\loginCamera.sqf";

You don't need to do this, this is just someone creating their scripts in the editor and not really understanding what they are doing (nothing wrong with that, just stating facts).
You can simply do

execVM "camera\loginCamera.sqf";

Edited by THAC0_Gewch
Added link to player_monitor.fsm source code.

22 minutes ago, THAC0_Gewch said:

PVDZ_plr_LoginRecord is initialized and assigned a value in the player_monitor finite state machine. Basically, this means you should try adding it anytime after player_monitor.fsm. Perhaps the very bottom of your init is a good place to start.

Actually, let's not do this. The script itself is looking for this variable to have a value assigned to it. I'm actually going to see if I can get this working on my test server before I give you any more incorrect advice.

Edit:
Ok, threw everything together on my test server. Was really simple. I put this at the very bottom of init.sqf:

Created the camera folder in my mission and threw the loginCamera.sqf file in there. For loginCamera, I made sure to use

waitUntil {! isNil ("PVDZ_plr_LoginRecord")};

and I also changed this line to use a value under 10:

_camera camSetFOV 2,000;

You can read more about why I changed that variable in the camSetFov documentation from Bohemia. I hope this is all helpful and I didn't make things "clear as mud"!

55 minutes ago, THAC0_Gewch said:

Actually, let's not do this. The script itself is looking for this variable to have a value assigned to it. I'm actually going to see if I can get this working on my test server before I give you any more incorrect advice.

Edit:
Ok, threw everything together on my test server. Was really simple. I put this at the very bottom of init.sqf:

Created the camera folder in my mission and threw the loginCamera.sqf file in there. For loginCamera, I made sure to use

waitUntil {! isNil ("PVDZ_plr_LoginRecord")};

and I also changed this line to use a value under 10:

_camera camSetFOV 2,000;

You can read more about why I changed that variable in the camSetFov documentation from Bohemia. I hope this is all helpful and I didn't make things "clear as mud"!

@THAC0_Gewch

Thank you so much for testing.
I tried one more time, no error nothing.. maybe my server is to slow and this happens in the "receiving" blackscreen? or is it because of the ESSv3 i have installed?

Where did you put it?

In if (isServer) then { or if (!isDedicated) then {

or just at the very buttom?