Can't tame dog

Free4oK

Question

Hello. I can't tame dog on my 1.0.6.2 server. I added "dayz_tameDogs = true;" to "init.sqf" in mission *.pbo. When I use "Tame Dog" scroll menu on a dog I lose 1 raw meat, but nothing happens - not even failure message shows up. I have tried taming with all kinds of raw meat on different dogs. Leaving meat on the ground near a dog doesn't work either.

2 answers to this question

Thank you very much. The full solution is:

1. Correct the mistake in tame_dog.sqf like A Man said and move the file to <mission_name>.pbo
  2. Copy fn_selfActions.sqf to <mission_name>.pbo and change path in it to the new tame_dog.sqf
  3. Copy compiles.sqf to <mission_name>.pbo and change path in it to the new fn_selfActions.sqf
  4. Change path in init.sqf to the new compiles.sqf
  5. In publicvariableval.txt (Battleye) find the line 5 "call" !="dog_callBack" !="\[,<NULL-object>,\"say\",\[\"dog_callBack\",120\]\]" and change it to 1 "call" !="dog_callBack" (this prevents from server kicks when calling back a dog and from createvehicle count restriction kick when a huge amount of zombies nearby because of <NULL-object>)

And there is an additional question: Is there a way to spawn the dog that player have already tamed every time the player connects to server until the dog or the player dies?