self bloodbag

if you mean the Custom Cherne Server Pack 1.1, then i will try this when i get home, but as i see, then the code is like the one i am already using, and the 2 .sqf files in dayz-code.

actualy i wanted the self bloodbag options for all maps :)

It should just be a matter of:

1. Add the latest compiles.sqf and fn_seflActions.sqf to your MPmission from the client dayz_code.bpo

2. Modify your init to use add/replace with the new complies.sqf

i.e 

//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";  //Compile Regular Functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "compiles.sqf";    //Compile Custom Functions 

3. Modify your compiles.sqf to add/replace the new fn_selfactions.sqf

i.e 

//fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf"; // Checks which actions for 
selffnc_usec_selfActions =  compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fn_selfActions.sqf"; // Checks which custom actions for self

4. Modify the fn_selfActions.sqf to add this:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //Krixes Self Bloodbag
_mags = magazines player;

// Krixes Self Bloodbag
    if ("ItemBloodbag" in _mags) then {
        hasBagItem = true;
    } else { hasBagItem = false;};
    if((speed player <= 1) && hasBagItem && _canDo) then {
        if (s_player_selfBloodbag < 0) then {
            s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];
        };
    } else {
        player removeAction s_player_selfBloodbag;
        s_player_selfBloodbag = -1;
    };
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Just After (roughly line 15)

_onLadder = (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgMovesMaleSdr" >> "States" >> (animationState player) >> "onLadder")) == 1;
_canDo = (!r_drag_sqf and !r_player_unconscious and !_onLadder);

5. Add player_bloodbag.sqf to your mission folder.

6. Bloodbag Self via scroll red menu option in game when ItemBloodbag is in Magazines/Inventory

Charlie-Sheen-Winning-TShirts.jpg

@Bungle

Thanks, it worked in first try :-) on Namalsk

i have looked at your files, and im am very impressed :-)

i will try to use the refuel, sarge AI and the TOW script also...

@Northdegree

yes, i used the files without editing

• 2 months later...

@Bungle

Thanks, it worked in first try :-) on Namalsk

i have looked at your files, and im am very impressed :-)

i will try to use the refuel, sarge AI and the TOW script also...

@Northdegree

yes, i used the files without editing

You need to apply the individual changes required for self-bloodbag to fn_selfactions.sqf - you can't replace the default Epoch file with the bloodbag one.

Krixes has instructions in his thread, just be sure to follow the steps for existing fn_selfactions.sqf and not the ones for brand new mission files:

http://opendayz.net/threads/krixes-self-bloodbag-script.12288/

i followed Krixes instruction for existing custom dayz_mission.pbo and selfActions.sqf

BUT i cant find any fn_selfAction.sqf within the mission files...

I got:

R3F_Realism - Directory

description.ext

dynamic_vehicle.sqf

init.sqf

mission.sqf

mission.sqm

server_trader.sqf

stringtable.cvs

where do i find an fn_selfAction.sqf file to use?

i followed Krixes instruction for existing custom dayz_mission.pbo and selfActions.sqf

BUT i cant find any fn_selfAction.sqf within the mission files...

I got:

R3F_Realism - Directory

description.ext

dynamic_vehicle.sqf

init.sqf

mission.sqf

mission.sqm

server_trader.sqf

stringtable.cvs

where do i find an fn_selfAction.sqf file to use?

fn_selfAction.sqf is not natively part of your mission file, it needs to be copied there. 

Check this out, might help explain things a bit better: http://opendayz.net/threads/how-to-override-compiles-from-dayz_code-pbo.8251/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

fn_selfAction.sqf is not natively part of your mission file, it needs to be copied there. 

Check this out, might help explain things a bit better: http://opendayz.net/threads/how-to-override-compiles-from-dayz_code-pbo.8251/

I have tried it several times, and i can get it to work, but then some of the Epoch features is missing :-/

Is there anybody who have the selfbloodbag script working, and would share the files, or give at step by step tutorial?

I have tried it several times, and i can get it to work, but then some of the Epoch features is missing :-/

Is there anybody who have the selfbloodbag script working, and would share the files, or give at step by step tutorial?

Make sure you're using the correct fn_selfActions.sqf:

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/SQF/dayz_code/compile/fn_selfActions.sqf

Like they are suggesting, you want a copy of your client fn_selfActions.sqf and compiles.sqf on to your server. The one from your client has all the epoch stuff, since its the epoch mod. The one from krix is just for dayZ, thats why epoch stuff isnt working with his.

This is where my fn_selfActions.sqf and compiles.sqf is for epoch.

D:\Steam Library\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ_Epoch\addons

Its just in your steam folder. Not quite there yet though. There is a bunch of .pbo files in that addons folder and the one you are looking for is dayz_code.pbo. You need to open this file with PBO manager http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369 you can download it at the bottom of that page. Once you get that installed, open that dayz_code.pbo with that new tool and you will see some folders inside of it. the fn_selfActions.sqf is in the "compile" folder and the compiles.sqf is in the "init" folder. COPY both of these files out of this dayz_code.pbo.

If you are hosting your own server and on Chernarus then you want both of these files in your MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_17.Chernarus. If you want it on a different map, then just pick another folder, but if you are paying for a hosting service, it could be different. Vilayer has their own thing setup to modify the server stuff.

But for dedicated server on Chernarus, your paths with now look like...

G:\Dayz Server Private\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_17.Chernarus\compiles.sqf

G:\Dayz Server Private\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_17.Chernarus\fn_selfActions.sqf

I think the guide that fr1nk linked takes over from here pretty well. You would start at step 3 on that guide. The rest is just changing two file paths in your init.sqf and compiles.sqf so you can use these two new sqf files properly. 

After all that is setup, go back to Krixes Self BloodBag guide that fr1nk again linked (his first link) and scroll down to the green text that says..

"Installation Instructions For existing custom dayz_mission.pbo and fn_selfActions.sqf:"

and follow those short instructions. You jsut put that small bit of code in your new fn_selfActions.sqf and download his player_selfbloodbag.sqf and put it in a new folder in your MPMissions folder, call this folder Scripts so its MPMissions\Scripts\player_selfbloodbag.sqf.

If something is unclear, you get stuck, or have any questions about this, please ask.

• 3 months later...

Haven't heard of 1.0.4 breaking self-bloodbag. Sure you're using a 1.0.4 version of fn_selfActions.sqf?

Yep.  Pulled it directly out of the new dayz_code.pbo.  Referenced the edited complies.sqf in init.sqf in mission file.  Referenced the edited selfactions.sqf in compiles.  All should be well.  No dice.  Does the action have to be defined in a new place now?  Like in the variables.sqf actions list or in selfactions.sqf?  Never had to do that before though.

**UPDATE**

Nevermind....had a dumbass attack.  I commented out the wrong line in compiles.sqf.  Was calling the original selfactions file.  :/

Hey guyz, new guy here. I got this script from krixes to work but i had to kinda do a workaround. If i placed the 3 files into the "Scripts" folder like the install instructions, then proceeded to source it properly "Scripts\player_selfbloodbag.sqf", i could get it to show on the scroll wheel but would bet a missing script error when used. I had to place it in my core missions folder and i dont like all the clutter. Did i do something wrong? my missions directory (using epoch 1.0.4) is MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus   Do i need to write all that out if i want to put it in the scripts folder following the instructions. Just keeps the clutter level down

Any help would be much appreciated and i can post files upon request