Removing things from Obejct.data

Mr.Exodus

Question

So i have been changing alot on my newly started server.

i would like to start from scratch with some new generated vehicles, since i have been modyfying "dynamic_vehicles.sqf".

i have already reached my max limit on vehicles on the server, so nothing new is spawning.

1.Can i just delete all vehicles under "object.data" in my sqf files? to generate new ones?? :) - (but not the ones with "Character_ID")

2. While trying to fix it i saw that things i build is also pasted into the same database as vehicles.. Is there away to fix so they have their own database?

3. i haven`t tested any safes yet.. will they get a database separately from the other ones with a possibility to see what the safe codes are?

post-8192-0-45612200-1386376478_thumb.pn

Thx for the help. 

-Mr.Exodus

BTW i am hosting at Vilayers

Edited by Mr.Exodus

2 answers to this question

Hey,

first of all every object is saved at one place, the object_data table.. that means vehicles, base building stuff (also safes), houses, whatever you add "in game" will be saved in there, so becareful what you delete. :)

and yes you can delete or even truncate that table without any problems, but only change something if the server is not running (needs a restart for changes in the database anyways)

an "easy" way to delete all vehicle would be an in-game script for admins, i would say "hacker style" destroy the vehicles and they won't come back after a restart and the server will respawn new vehicles like a new server.

I think you can also delete the vehicles from the database instead of destroying them with a script, if you prefer not to make everything around them go "boom" lol

BUT always do do a full database backup before you change anything!!! :D