(Help required) Losing humanity on some missions

DIO

Question

Hello everyone, first post over Epoch forums!

Pretty much noobish question here but still... :smile:

(I googled and searched through the forum before posting this but I couldn't find anything similar so I'm posting a separate thread, but still excuse me if any exist :rolleyes:).

So this is the little issue I have:
I am playing on a Overpoch server where the missions are divided to Heroes and Bandits. The server is set up to gain humanity regardless of the mission's type but on some missions (these are only on which I've found the problem so far, but there are probably more of them) your humanity decrease by killing the fallowing AIs: on "(Heroes) Captured MV 22" by killing Doctors only and on "(Bandits) Disabled Convoy" - only at killing the paratroopers who come afterward, for the other kills the humanity is as it should be.
I'm not really a player who care much for his rank but when I noticed this thing happens, I was annoyed, I have done already a tons of those missions, so I've probably already lost a huge amount of humanity by doing these missions, which is kinda irritating, you know...

So I talked with one of the admins by drawing his attention to the problem (there are 2 of them, the one handle with the scripts, while the other one is rather a player, and I talked with the second one). What he explained to me was something like that the AIs on those missions are under the same class, so they cannot be "fixed", something with which I disagree, even without being familiar with scripting.
I intend to talk with the main scripter but since he's busy recently IRL and he can't pay enough attention to the server at the moment or (an assumption of mine - he might have lost interest of modding or he's a bit lazy to dig through the problem, not really sure as I haven't communicated much with him), so that's the reason why I decided to try on my own to find out how this can be resolved, or at least any tips.

I'll really appreciate any help at where he should look at and what must be changed to get this fixed.
Thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

@DIO The forum is not really active. You can join the discord if you want to get help a bit faster.

https://discordapp.com/invite/0k4ynDDCsnMzkxk7

To your question. As you said already it is possible. It sounds like that the paratroopers and doctors do not have their faction set or the killed eventhandler does not check for the players faction if bandit or hero. Anyway, if they use the new WAI from @JasonTM the problem should be fixed or you can report it on discord. If they do not use the new WAI they should switch to it.

Firstly, sorry for the late reply, I was out of the city.
Second, thank you @A Man, for the info, I'm not playing much these days, so I kinda forgot about that thread, but I'll point Discord to the admins.
@JasonTM, nah, we are fine with both Hero&bandits missions, the only problem is the above-described.

WAI main config settings

player_bandit                = -5000;        // this is the amount you declare someone to be a bandit on your server, bandit AI will not attack you if ai_friendly_behaviour is true
        player_hero                    = 5000;            // this is the amount you declare someone to be a hero on your server, hero AI will not attack you if ai_friendly_behaviour is true

ai_share_info                = true;            // AI share info on player position
        ai_share_distance            = 300;            // distance from killed AI for AI to share your rough position

ai_kills_gain                = true;            // add kill to bandit/human kill score
        ai_humanity_gain            = true;            // gain humanity for killing AI
        ai_add_humanity                = 50;            // amount of humanity gained for killing a bandit AI
        ai_remove_humanity            = 50;            // amount of humanity lost for killing a hero AI
        ai_special_humanity            = 150;            // amount of humanity gain or loss for killing a special AI dependant on player alignment

EDIT each mission file....

inside each mission file change the word "Hero" to "Bandit"  or the other way around you can turn the hero missions into bandit missions or the other way having the desired affect of loss or gain of humanity on kill.

sounds like this might be your issue check the mission file make sure it is set to "Bandit" so the player gains humanity on kill.