EpochZ Server - Turn Off Vehicle Spawns

C4-timah

Does anyone know how to turn off vehicles spawning for Epoch? With HS Traders, there is no longer a reason to have random vehicles spawn when you can buy what you need. I have no idea what to look for to disable or at least significantly reduce the amount of vehicles that randomly spawn. Currently over 160 vehicles spawn randomly across Altis.

Thanks!

Remove all Vehicles here (or set the numbers to 0):
https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/release/Sources/epoch_server_settings/config.cpp#L198-L245

And increase the reserved Vehicle Slots to how much Vehicles you want max possible on the Server:
https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/release/Server_Install_Pack/%40epochhive/epochconfig.hpp#L68

Do NOT set the reserved Slots to a too high number, or the Server Boot will take a long time (it checks every single slot from the DB on Boot)

2 hours ago, He-Man said:

Remove all Vehicles here (or set the numbers to 0):
https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/release/Sources/epoch_server_settings/config.cpp#L198-L245

And increase the reserved Vehicle Slots to how much Vehicles you want max possible on the Server:
https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/release/Server_Install_Pack/%40epochhive/epochconfig.hpp#L68

Do NOT set the reserved Slots to a too high number, or the Server Boot will take a long time (it checks every single slot from the DB on Boot)

Reserved slots are currently at 15, which is less than the default. Thanks for the direction, much appreciated!

Can the vehicles be commented out?

From this:

allowedVehiclesList[] = {

{"C_Offroad_01_EPOCH",8},

{"C_Quadbike_01_EPOCH",8},

{"C_Hatchback_01_EPOCH",10},

{"C_Hatchback_02_EPOCH",10},

To this:

allowedVehiclesList[] = {

//{"C_Offroad_01_EPOCH",8},

//{"C_Quadbike_01_EPOCH",8},

//{"C_Hatchback_01_EPOCH",10},

//{"C_Hatchback_02_EPOCH",10},

Thanks!

Edited by C4-timah
Question

So...I changed all the vehicle quantity values to 0. Upon server restart, it even removed the vehicles purchased from HS_Traders and vehicles we owned and had items in. Restored the original cpp file, then restarted server and purchased and owned vehicles with items returned. Guess I'll have to play with this until it stops removing what players already own, or is this normal side effect?

So, files are modified so that only a select amount of vehicles and one chopper spawn. However, it appears the server is still fully populated with every type of vehicle, even the ones that are zeroed out. Server restart doesn't remedy the issue. 

1. Is there a simple server console string/command to use to destroy all spawned vehicles currently not owned by a player?

2. If 'No' to #1, is there an entry on the redis db tool that will allow me to purge old spawned vehicles?

3. If 'No' to #2, do I have to use admin "F1", enable 'Vehicle ESP' and teleport around to manually destroy all 160 spawned vehicles? Please let this NOT be my only option! I don't mind blowing stuff up, but c'mon! LOL!

When I first started running an ARMA3 Epoch server I thought to myself, what would be a good name... server that had just been taken down was called Epochistan.... great name for that server and it was a great server... was the reason I stayed on A3 rather than bouncing back... But despite the fact the server was dead, I could not take their name. So I started thinking... all variations on Epoch something... so Epochalypse... but I found YouTube videos (over a year old videos from a then dead server) and I thought nope, can't do that. In the end, I was astounded that when I searched for it there was nothing on the web or youtube showing up for EpochZ... I mean, seriously... Even now you search online and there's nothing but the band and me.... and now you @C4-timahIt's not like I have the name trade marked or anything, but we're a small community here mate and if you're just trying to get people with that name on an Altis map while Black Tide is down, well, good luck to you

30 minutes ago, Grahame said:

When I first started running an ARMA3 Epoch server I thought to myself, what would be a good name... server that had just been taken down was called Epochistan.... great name for that server and it was a great server... was the reason I stayed on A3 rather than bouncing back... But despite the fact the server was dead, I could not take their name. So I started thinking... all variations on Epoch something... so Epochalypse... but I found YouTube videos (over a year old videos from a then dead server) and I thought nope, can't do that. In the end, I was astounded that when I searched for it there was nothing on the web or youtube showing up for EpochZ... I mean, seriously... Even now you search online and there's nothing but the band and me.... and now you @C4-timahIt's not like I have the name trade marked or anything, but we're a small community here mate and if you're just trying to get people with that name on an Altis map while Black Tide is down, well, good luck to you

Wow, had no intention of trying to steal players. I'm fairly certain my server pales in comparison to yours by a long shot. Piles of issues and BE filters I can't remedy while players continue to get kicked because of it. Named the server  to match the mod being used. That's all.

1 hour ago, Grahame said:

See above for removing the vics, just TP around, remove those that you cannot unlock... have had to do that before myself to avoid a full DB wipe

I just did a full TP around the whole map. Wiped all but player owned. Restarted. It all returned. That was alot of plastic I lit off. Did some more editing of the allowedvehiclelist, changed the number of reserved vehicles and deleted some entries in the redis db of vehicles that I dont want spawning. The amount of vehicles is slowly dimishing after each server restart. Even reduced the number of spawns for the allowed list to thin the herd some more. We'll see how it pans out in a week or so. Vehicle timers should take care of the rest.

Edited by C4-timah

After doing a second TP quest around Altis, removed all non-player owned vehicles. Waited 15min, logged out, saved the DB. Made sure to modify the epochConfig.hpp to allow for:

ReservedVehSlots = 192;

and 

// Spawntables
    forcedVehicleSpawnTable = "allowedVehiclesList";

after the server restart, only the 7 vehicles enabled from that table spawn, allowing for everything else to be purchased through HS Traders!