EpochZ - Battleye setvariable restriction #0

C4-timah

Question

I am enjoying Grahame's EpochZ immensely.  However, if you are infected by the z's, after 30min you will die (animation for the 30min infection period is excellent btw). Upon death you will be shown the option to re-spawn. At that time you are promptly kicked by BattlEye for setvariable restriction #0:

04.10.2018 00:14:33: C4-timah (23.119.200.220:2304) 57f9a830eeb99412623ce1c3d14b7d50 - #0 "ryanzombiesinfected" = 0 2:2877 Epoch_Male_F

If you are killed by the z's (beaten to death), upon your death you will also be shown a re-spawn option and then promptly kicked again for a BattlEye setvariable restriction #0:

05.10.2018 21:53:02: C4-timah (23.119.200.220:2304) 57f9a830eeb99412623ce1c3d14b7d50 - #0 "ryanzombiesimmunity" = false 2:17479 Epoch_Male_F

Adding

!"ryanzombiesinfected" = 0

or

!"ryanzombiesimmunity" = false

does not appear to stop the BE kick. All the other filters in the setvariable.txt all start with  !=  which would indicates the filter must match exactly which would lead me to believe the key word that I need is something entirely different. I am using BattlEye Filter Manager to add the exceptions to the setvariable.txt. As you'll see, all the exceptions have !=" instead of !" unlike the last two that I have placed.

//new2
5 "" !=(traderName|Offer|Accept|BUILD_SLOT|TRADE_ACTIVE|last_targeter|epoch_(antagobj|antagBomb)) !="bis_fnc_objectvar_var" !="bis_fnc_selectrespawntemplate_respawned" !="#(rev_enabled|var)" !="cup_tow_towedveh" !"ryanzombiesimmunity\" = false" !"ryanzombiesinfected\" = 0"

My rpt file shows the following error when killed by an EpochZ Zombie:

17:44:02 BE protection activated for player id=726964973, name='whitehorse', msgType=285

setvariable.log:

11.10.2018 17:44:02: whitehorse (75.80.233.157:1024) c2568b411cbd25fa774021698eade7c5 - #0 "ryanzombiesinfected" = 0 2:15917 Epoch_Male_F

Ideas? Getting kicked every time you get killed by a Z has to be annoying to theses guys and I'd rather not lose the few that are consistently playing on our server. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by C4-timah
added .rpt line prior to setvariable kick

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Grahame said:

Just add !"ryanzombiesinfected" !"ryanzombiesimmunity" to setvariable.txt, That works for me

That was the first thing I did. Everyone still gets kicked. The above post includes the BE filter in setvariable.txt and that exact entry. No good. Thats what's confusing me. By all rights that should have fixed it. The next step is to disable the infection option which would really suck as the animation for being infected is totally awesome.

2 hours ago, Grahame said:

No, your entries are 

!"ryanzombiesimmunity\" = false" !"ryanzombiesinfected\" = 0"

not what I suggested and use which is:

!"ryanzombiesinfected" !"ryanzombiesimmunity"

My apologies, you are correct. I failed to mention that I placed those entries (in the format you have posted) originally in the setvariable.txt file and everyone was still being kicked, myself included. For some reason it seems to take my server longer to properly respond to corrections lately. Not sure what gives. I've reverted the two entries back to the way you have posted. I'll give it a week. This wouldn't be database sensitive would it? Not sure if that is even probable.  I've got some active duty marines playing on our server from Camp Lejeune where my brother was posted back in the day. I kinda want to get this ironed out before they deploy. 

Afterthought, the Anti-virus injector and Anti-virus pills are not dropped by the Z's and do not spawn in any loot. Could this be a side issue? 

Edited by C4-timah

No re: anti-virus. You need to add them as Ryan's Z loot via the Ryan's Z loot module or add them to server loot (they are items not magazines). BE should reload at restart so the filters should be done then (assuming you do not loadscripts via RCON in the meanwhile). And no, BE kicks are only related to BE, nothing else