ZSC Epoch 1.0.6.2 error

Achef

Greetings!

I'm new to all the arma 2 server config thing and after getting Epoch to run I added WAI + ZCS to the server, followed all the instructions just as required but came to a dead end.

I installed WAI and ZSC according to their respective configuration files.

I launched the server, joined (for some reason I'll solve later probably mission doesn't start until a player joins) and this error showed up on the RPT log, multiple times, leaving the player stuck in "Waiting for server to start authentication".

Any solution for it?

Attaching screenshots.

Screenshot_350.png

Screenshot_351.png

You have a few issues there, first off, dayz_onBack should never be undefined, I would think you've broken something or are not using the inbuilt variables.sqf

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/392f8cb7b3fe2b466fa9cf920d2879dc8d4aebe0/SQF/dayz_code/init/variables.sqf#L662

second part, I'm guessing you missed step 5: https://github.com/oiad/ZSC#mission-folder-install

2 hours ago, salival said:

You have a few issues there, first off, dayz_onBack should never be undefined, I would think you've broken something or are not using the inbuilt variables.sqf

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/392f8cb7b3fe2b466fa9cf920d2879dc8d4aebe0/SQF/dayz_code/init/variables.sqf#L662

second part, I'm guessing you missed step 5: https://github.com/oiad/ZSC#mission-folder-install

I ended up reinstalling the Epoch Server files and started clean, I'll go slowly and double checking I don't break anything.

Step 5 I did it, merged the files, but all issues started somewhere I broke.

Thanks for the answer and I'll keep an eye on not missing anything!

Once you get this working you may have an issue with majority of the traders not working I had this issue on a fresh install on 1.0.6.2. The trader class names that are called in the server_traders.sqf provided with ZSC download are incorrect to the ones that my epoch files had by default. I just had to manually add each of my trader class names into the script and assign them to the menus.

3 hours ago, sjd6795 said:

Once you get this working you may have an issue with majority of the traders not working I had this issue on a fresh install on 1.0.6.2. The trader class names that are called in the server_traders.sqf provided with ZSC download are incorrect to the ones that my epoch files had by default. I just had to manually add each of my trader class names into the script and assign them to the menus.

Then you are using another map than chernarus and copied the wrong trader files. That's not the fualt of ZSC. You just installed it wrong.

5 hours ago, Relentless said:

Then you are using another map than chernarus and copied the wrong trader files. That's not the fualt of ZSC. You just installed it wrong.

I didn't install it wrong I never even copied any trader files other then moving the whole folder over that is provided. The default server_traders.sqf is listed as the default files for chernarus epoch and those are the ones that is being called. The others all have server_traders - namalsk.sqf etc..

However if I go to the old install guide and use the server_traders.sqf provided there the class names do match up, it's only the updated version where they do not.

2 hours ago, sjd6795 said:

I didn't install it wrong I never even copied any trader files other then moving the whole folder over that is provided. The default server_traders.sqf is listed as the default files for chernarus epoch and those are the ones that is being called. The others all have server_traders - namalsk.sqf etc..

However if I go to the old install guide and use the server_traders.sqf provided there the class names do match up, it's only the updated version where they do not.

@Relentless is correct, if you have installed it properly it will be working correctly, ZSC has thousands of installs and this is the first time this issue has cropped up.

The traders definitely work for Chernarus, please make sure this line is correct: https://github.com/oiad/ZSC/blob/master/init.sqf#L103

This is the trader file for Chernarus: https://github.com/oiad/ZSC/blob/master/scripts/traders/server_traders.sqf

These files have not been modified in over 2 years, so safe to say they work correctly.

Diffmerging the ZSC one against the default epoch one shows they are correct apart from some formatting and commenting on my version. I also changed a few of the traders to neutral instead of friendly.

32 minutes ago, salival said:

@Relentless is correct, if you have installed it properly it will be working correctly, ZSC has thousands of installs and this is the first time this issue has cropped up.

The traders definitely work for Chernarus, please make sure this line is correct: https://github.com/oiad/ZSC/blob/master/init.sqf#L103

This is the trader file for Chernarus: https://github.com/oiad/ZSC/blob/master/scripts/traders/server_traders.sqf

These files have not been modified in over 2 years, so safe to say they work correctly.

Diffmerging the ZSC one against the default epoch one shows they are correct apart from some formatting and commenting on my version. I also changed a few of the traders to neutral instead of friendly.

I have no idea then, I downloaded the ZSC-master folder and installed everything inside that folder from a fresh install on epoch 1.0.6.2 unless my server host has modified files I only had a few traders working so decided to check the class names inside the server_traders.sqf script provided and only two of them matched to the default traders I have in-game. Either way I got all mine added and the menus work correctly now.

Didn't mean to steal this guys thread, but if I can ask one more question. How does global banking work? I have this enabled and I have the bank ICON, coins deposit and withdraw correctly from the NPC bankers but I just can't figure out what the global banking does exactly.

4 minutes ago, sjd6795 said:

I have no idea then, I downloaded the ZSC-master folder and installed everything inside that folder from a fresh install on epoch 1.0.6.2 unless my server host has modified files I only had a few traders working so decided to check the class names inside the server_traders.sqf script provided and only two of them matched to the default traders I have in-game. Either way I got all mine added and the menus work correctly now.

Didn't mean to steal this guys thread, but if I can ask one more question. How does global banking work? I have this enabled and I have the bank ICON, coins deposit and withdraw correctly from the NPC bankers but I just can't figure out what the global banking does exactly.

You arent using Chernarus 17 instead of Chernarus 11?

Normal banking is with safes/lockboxes/vehicles and are tied to them, global banking can be accessed anywhere the server owner allows it, i.e on a classname basis

9 minutes ago, salival said:

You arent using Chernarus 17 instead of Chernarus 11?

Normal banking is with safes/lockboxes/vehicles and are tied to them, global banking can be accessed anywhere the server owner allows it, i.e on a classname basis

By default the server_traders.sqf placed inside my MPmission has the call line for Chernarus 17, I had never changed this myself so maybe it is something the server host changed? If I change that to call Chernarus 11 I wonder if it would work with the script correctly.

Ok so for example two different lock boxes could be used to store the same coins if global banking is enabled and accessed from different areas. Kind of how the three NPC bankers can store your coins from different locations?

1 hour ago, sjd6795 said:

By default the server_traders.sqf placed inside my MPmission has the call line for Chernarus 17, I had never changed this myself so maybe it is something the server host changed? If I change that to call Chernarus 11 I wonder if it would work with the script correctly.

Ok so for example two different lock boxes could be used to store the same coins if global banking is enabled and accessed from different areas. Kind of how the three NPC bankers can store your coins from different locations?

That's the issue then, your hosting provider has used Chernarus 17 instead of Chernarus 11 which is what these files (and 90% of servers) are based off

19 minutes ago, salival said:

That's the issue then, your hosting provider has used Chernarus 17 instead of Chernarus 11 which is what these files (and 90% of servers) are based off

Figures, ok so would it be worth swapping my files over to chernarus 11 or are they essential the same besides some of the trader class names being different?

@salival Having another issue when using DZAI and enabling the zombie enemy option the DZAI tend to sit and shoot at my Banker NPCs. I was reading for a fix for this and it said to put this into the creation line of the banker. But I can't find where to put it, the only thing in the Banktraders folder is the init.sqf

_unit setcaptive true;