upgrading my overpoch 1.0.6.1 to 1.0.6.2 would anyone be willing to help me achieve this?

arkaros42

Question

16 answers to this question

really would like to get to that without breaking my server. I have cloned the server drive using hdrawcopy so i have a complete copy of the whole system now. Hoping some one who knows what they are doing can help me. I have big plans for this server we've been developing it for three years now with lots of new ideas and features (battle platforms for one) but its not getting enough traffic because the version has slipped behind. 10 000 000 in gold and a building supply drop to anyone who can help me. If anyone out theres wants to get into development with me and my friends we'd love some help with a few exciting things

kind regards

Start with fresh server files from the 1062 version.
Make the default configuration in init.sqf and configVariables.

Then start to move your custom files into the new mission and copy over the adjustments from your old init.sqf, description.ext, mission.sqf (and so on) over to your new files.
At the end, update your database (make a backup before) with the 1062 sql file that's provided in the server files. Update the DLLs, update the BattlEye Filters, done.

Questions - Discord: Relentless#1337

i appreciate that however I'm not confident enough to try that by myself. my server is stuffed with many files I've added over the years. many custom constructions built ingame (two massive runways (battle platforms) out at sea and many many player bases. Just not certain all I'm going to do is break it, then it will all have been a waste of many many hours... i can do a lot by myself. sql coding etc, configuration, but its so long between server installs I forget the rest of the stuff involved in the upgrade as the knowledge fades in memory with time...

i know it comes across as yet another server owner with no clue asking the same questions from a DEV's perspective over and over. Hell I don't blame them for being saturated with these types of requests. So i will keep posting on this forum until someone decides to help. I am willing to pay a donation for someone to teamview into my private server and do the upgrade without breaking it. Let me know guys.

regards o/