Loading Epoch server in to E3den

megaz

Question

Hi Guys as topic: is there a way to add a vanilla map (im using Australia) into the editor with all the map editions from Epoch loaded  - Not just the plain Australia map, ie with the epoch traders and buildings that have been added.

I want to use the traders buildings but add a few other bits that i will then load from the server side ?

thanks

MegaZ

1 answer to this question

22 hours ago, megaz said:

Hi Guys as topic: is there a way to add a vanilla map (im using Australia) into the editor with all the map editions from Epoch loaded  - Not just the plain Australia map, ie with the epoch traders and buildings that have been added.

I want to use the traders buildings but add a few other bits that i will then load from the server side ?

thanks

MegaZ

Yes, with a bit of scripting it could be done but would entail some work. You would have to take the props from server side, include them in a class in description.ext from which you could pull them when you are ready to spawn stuff, and add in a script that runswhen the client is initialized to spawn those objects on the client - you could pull the code from epoch_server. Then, you would need to use an landmarks on the map to orient yourself as you put down extra props. I have done it for other mods successfully but its a bit of a chore.