Need help server set up

JayJay

Hi everyone,

As you can see im a freshy, ive not played much of Arma3 but i played some epoch/ ryans zombies and fell in love :) 

I have no experience in setting up a server but enjoy the epoch version so much so i had to try to set a server up and if im honest ive been struggling (alot) , ive managed to rent a server and put epoch onto it with ryans zombies, set the time so i play in day light.

but now im having trouble with loot items not being in buildings and even though i have the zombie mod on i cant see any zombies :/  

If anybody can help me it would be really appreciated , i do have discord if that helps and i dont mind paying for your time.

I dont want anything to crazy just EPOCH and zombies with loot :D 

Bitten off more than i can chew :/

Hey, welcome to Epoch!

You posted in the Arma 2 section but we'll let you off with that.:biggrin:

To help get you started it would be good if you read this post. Just to get the gist of what setting up a server entails, and a few things you should be aware of that will help you on your way to understanding server setup.

In Epoch you can search things on the map with Space-bar menu,  such as trash piles - barrels - baskets - crates - boxes - garbage bins and you can find loot, but along with searching in the trash comes Toxicity and other things...

Also Lootable furniture will spawn in some buildings that will hold better loot. The furniture can spawn AFTER you have been in the building, so to test if the loot is working in its default way, run through a town then go back to the start of a town and check for loot.

There is another script that can be run in Epoch to put loot on the floor of buildings you can find here, many servers out there use this to enhance the loot for their setup.

Again read through the posts - especially the last few pages - as thats where the most up to date information is located.

And after all that if you still have problems, dont hesitate to ask on the EpochMod official discord where I'm sure you will find help if you need it.

https://discord.gg/0k4ynDDCsnMzkxk7

Good Luck!