Jump to content
BigEgg

[RELEASE] BigEgg's Safe Zones

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, khalcifer said:

Players in group ( passenger ) random eject if entering safezone.

Hey, thanks for this reply. It appears I overlooked this possibility, but yes, you are correct: Players that enter the safe zone in a vehicle, but are not in the group of the owner of that vehicle, would logically be ejected. I will push an update to fix this sometime in the next couple days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BigEgg said:

Hey, thanks for this reply. It appears I overlooked this possibility, but yes, you are correct: Players that enter the safe zone in a vehicle, but are not in the group of the owner of that vehicle, would logically be ejected. I will push an update to fix this sometime in the next couple days.

next bug
protection 10 sec after leave safezone (first stay 60 inside) players can kills other players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, khalcifer said:

next bug
protection 10 sec after leave safezone (first stay 60 inside) players can kills other players

I would need to do some testing before I could even believe this was possible. How did you test it? Using admins? Need some more information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, khalcifer said:

next bug
protection 10 sec after leave safezone (first stay 60 inside) players can kills other players

I was unable to successfully reproduce this. Can you please make sure you have no conflicting scripts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you buy a vehicle in trader, it's invulnerable, yes. But after getting in the vehicle and getting off, no matter the vehicle is locked or not, it can be damaged.

 

I ended up adding this to my veh_handleDam.sqf to prevent this issue.

 

	if (_vehicle getVariable ["safezoneEH", true]) exitWith {0};
	

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, npploveyou said:

if you buy a vehicle in trader, it's invulnerable, yes. But after getting in the vehicle and getting off, no matter the vehicle is locked or not, it can be damaged.

 

I ended up adding this to my veh_handleDam.sqf to prevent this issue.

 

	if (_vehicle getVariable ["safezoneEH", true]) exitWith {0};
	

Your solution is not global. Just need a better understanding of what you mean. If you are saying that the vehicle loses god mode when you get in, this would be a localization issue, meaning that you have another script overriding the damage handler of the safe zone script.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BigEgg

What I noticed so far:

- Players getting ejected when not in player group from a vehicle, even when they are in the vehicle before entering the safe zone, so that is working as intended. Perhaps you could add somthing that allows players to stay in the vehicle if they were already in the vehicle before entering the safe zone

- Vehicle God Mode does not work at all. Tested with and without infistar. If you driving against a wall inside the safe zone the vehicle is getting damaged. It is the same for shooting from outside into the safe zone.

- Players have a complete working godmode for me. @khalcifer if you have infistar, make sure you test the god mode without it. There is a function in the infistar AH.sqf for safe zones.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2018 at 5:11 PM, BigEgg said:

Hey everyone,

 

Wanted to post my safe zone script for all to use if they wish.

 

All information about features, installation etc... can be found on the github:

https://github.com/BigEgg17/Safe-Zones

 

Please let me know if there are any issues :)

Black Hole gaming has been running this script for a bit now. It has been working great! Thank you @BigEgg
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A Man said:

@BigEgg

What I noticed so far:

- Players getting ejected when not in player group from a vehicle, even when they are in the vehicle before entering the safe zone, so that is working as intended. Perhaps you could add somthing that allows players to stay in the vehicle if they were already in the vehicle before entering the safe zone

- Vehicle God Mode does not work at all. Tested with and without infistar. If you driving against a wall inside the safe zone the vehicle is getting damaged. It is the same for shooting from outside into the safe zone.

- Players have a complete working godmode for me. @khalcifer if you have infistar, make sure you test the god mode without it. There is a function in the infistar AH.sqf for safe zones.

 

Thanks so much for this information :)

 

The vehicle god mode problem concerns me, but I may see the problem. If you could do so, please move the veh_handledam changes from the bottom of the file to just above the if (!isDedicated) text. My concern is that maybe the loop is preventing the code from reaching the changes. When I get my servers back up and running tomorrow (dedi changes), I will test further, but can almost bet this is the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DAmNRelentless said:

Couldn't you add a check in the veh_handleDamage.sqf whether the vehicle is in a safezone or not? And if yes just exitWith nothing?

This would work where the vehicle was local only. There must be global communication so that other clients understand that the vehicle is within safe zone boundaries or indestructible. I do this by checking distance first, then, a separate check which is done for vehicles that are outside safe zone boundaries but still have the timer running. The second check just uses a global set variable to communicate to all clients that the vehicle is safe. The way I have it works, I am almost positive the code just isn't being read because of a dumb mistake I made compiling this for the community. The loop was in a code block which is why I didn't see it haha - it is simply stopping the code at the bottom from being read for clients.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, A Man said:

@BigEgg Yes you were right. Vehicle Godmode works as intended now.

Thanks for letting me know. I have pushed the update to fix vehicle god mode here:

https://github.com/BigEgg17/Safe-Zones/commit/bb918c405b43a210f83e9bc1b66c7ad31f48b1ed

 

Users can either update the code themselves or simply replace their file with the new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2018 at 1:13 PM, BigEgg said:

Your solution is not global. Just need a better understanding of what you mean. If you are saying that the vehicle loses god mode when you get in, this would be a localization issue, meaning that you have another script overriding the damage handler of the safe zone script.


I could still reproduce the issue (vehicles without godmode in safezone) using these below steps:

1. Go to safezone and buy a vehicle from the trader
(Notice at this step, the vehicle is locked, and it has godmode on - expected)
2. Get out of the vehicle (does not matter if we leave it locked or unlocked)
3. Go outside the safezone, shoot the vehicle

Actual:
3. The vehicle still gets damaged.

I also checked the whole mission files and don't see and veh damage that overwrite the event handler. I did a little printout to debug and see that after entering/exiting the vehicles in safezones, this safezoneEH is being set to false. That's why my solution above is to set that to true in the event handler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, npploveyou said:


I could still reproduce the issue (vehicles without godmode in safezone) using these below steps:

1. Go to safezone and buy a vehicle from the trader
(Notice at this step, the vehicle is locked, and it has godmode on - expected)
2. Get out of the vehicle (does not matter if we leave it locked or unlocked)
3. Go outside the safezone, shoot the vehicle

Actual:
3. The vehicle still gets damaged.

I also checked the whole mission files and don't see and veh damage that overwrite the event handler. I did a little printout to debug and see that after entering/exiting the vehicles in safezones, this safezoneEH is being set to false. That's why my solution above is to set that to true in the event handler.

Please be sure to update to the latest version and try again, as this will not be the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

Thanks for the work, but I have a problem:

after installing the script to a fresh server (as first script) BE immediately kicks me off:

07.05.2018 20:34:15: <myname> (127.0.0.1:2316) <myid> - #24 "fired;
};
player_fired = { 
deleteVehicle (_this select 6);
cutText [localize "STR_CL_SZ_FIRE", "WHITE IN"];
};

[_speedLimit, _"

 

i'm not that used to the be filters, maybe you can help me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, capslocked said:

Hi!

Thanks for the work, but I have a problem:

after installing the script to a fresh server (as first script) BE immediately kicks me off:

07.05.2018 20:34:15: <myname> (127.0.0.1:2316) <myid> - #24 "fired;
};
player_fired = { 
deleteVehicle (_this select 6);
cutText [localize "STR_CL_SZ_FIRE", "WHITE IN"];
};

[_speedLimit, _" 

 

i'm not that used to the be filters, maybe you can help me :)

On line 26 of your BattlEye scripts.txt, paste this:

!="fired;\n};\nplayer_fired = { \ndeleteVehicle (_this select 6);\ncutText [localize \"STR_CL_SZ_FIRE\", \"WHITE IN\"];\n};\n\n[_speedLimit, _"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Advertisement
  • Discord

×