Server Help

server steve21k

Question

Hi, looking for some help with my server,

1, Players logging in with broken legs.

2, Players cant deploy Bike or Little Bird on their own Plot Pole, replacing the plot pole fixes it until they die next, plot 4 life is on.

3, Players Humanity reset when logging in, I have this warning in server rules and info ‘Please Respawn after Death, if you dont respawn and the Server Restarts your Humanity might be Reset’, but players say they haven’t died in a few days.

Any help would be appreciated.

22 answers to this question

You have lots and weird issues steve.

I suggest you start the  server again from scratch... Find salival's post about his mods pack and jason's for the wai and follow to the letter installing one by one.

Dont copy anything from your files as is now cause i believe you may be using outdated scripts for older mods

Maybe start with players spawn script and coins/bank first as these are lets say basics deep mods and then continue to more. Leave wai or dzai last those are more stand alone.

The humanity reset may be due to bad database or bad database events so best if u reset database and start fresh and install the 1.0.6.2 database updates.

Good luck

57 minutes ago, totis said:

You have lots and weird issues steve.

I suggest you start the  server again from scratch... Find salival's post about his mods pack and jason's for the wai and follow to the letter installing one by one.

Dont copy anything from your files as is now cause i believe you may be using outdated scripts for older mods

Maybe start with players spawn script and coins/bank first as these are lets say basics deep mods and then continue to more. Leave wai or dzai last those are more stand alone.

The humanity reset may be due to bad database or bad database events so best if u reset database and start fresh and install the 1.0.6.2 database updates.

Good luck

I started the server from scratch about 2weeks after 6.2 came out, all of the mods that had a 6.2 update I updated. when I updated to 6.2 nothing was just copied over, I added all mods as fresh.

Hey man, you should really start by fixing the client errors on both your servers. Then make sure you fix any errors in the server rpt. One error can sometimes be the cause of others, even when they seem unrelated.

Yeah I jumped on both your servers yesterday with -showscripterrors enabled and was hit by these ( on both overpochins & overpoch )

Error Undefined variable in expression: dze_submarine
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 204

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\scripts\TakeClothes.sqf, line 9
Error in expression <earEntities ["CAManBase", 10]) > 1;
if (_playerNear) exitWith {dayz_actionInProg>
  Error position: <_playerNear) exitWith {dayz_actionInProg>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _playernear
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\scripts\TakeClothes.sqf, line 17
Error in expression <_up.sqf","",5,false,true];

Error position: <DZE_SubMarine removeAction sub_up;

in just a couple of minutes my client .rpt had risen to over 20k lines with these errors. Clients might be struggling to send or receive data if they are being clogged up with a constant stream of errors.

Providing some more info will enable others to give you more help. Are these problems experienced on one, or both of your servers?

Here's a link to some of my client side .rpt  https://pastebin.com/rbh2kecy

1 hour ago, server steve21k said:

Only players on Tavi have told me about these issues.

If anyone can help, I can give more info, just need to know what info is needed.

According to that client rpt that Helion4 posted, you appear to have a self-action that controls the Origins submarine. Variable DZE_Submarine is not defined, so it is posting an error. Any error in fn_selfActions.sqf will spam the hell out of the client rpt because it runs on a loop.

1 hour ago, JasonTM said:

According to that client rpt that Helion4 posted, you appear to have a self-action that controls the Origins submarine. Variable DZE_Submarine is not defined, so it is posting an error. Any error in fn_selfActions.sqf will spam the hell out of the client rpt because it runs on a loop.

So do I take Origins submarine out of fn_selfActions.sqf?

20 minutes ago, server steve21k said:

So do I take Origins submarine out of fn_selfActions.sqf?

Post your fn_selfActions.sqf in a spoiler or pastebin. You will have to remove multiple lines. That self-action is trying to call a file from the Origins mod called _up.sqf. You probably don't have that.

};
} else {

DZE_SubMarine removeAction sub_up;
sub_u>
sub_u>
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 204

17 minutes ago, JasonTM said:

Post your fn_selfActions.sqf in a spoiler or pastebin. You will have to remove multiple lines. That self-action is trying to call a file from the Origins mod called _up.sqf. You probably don't have that.

};
} else {

sub_u>
sub_u>

https://pastebin.com/r4puRpwW

7 minutes ago, server steve21k said:

Remove lines 191 through 209

//Origins Start

//Submarine Submerging
if (_inVehicle and (_vehicle isKindOf "ori_submarine")) then {
    if (sub_up < 0) then {
        DZE_SubMarine = _vehicle;
        sub_down = DZE_SubMarine addAction ["Rise","origins\sub_down.sqf","",5,false,true];
        sub_up = DZE_SubMarine addAction ["Submerge","origins\sub_up.sqf","",5,false,true];
    };
} else {
    //DZE_SubMarine = player;
    sub_up = -1;
    DZE_SubMarine removeAction sub_down;
    sub_down = -1;
};
//Origins End

2 hours ago, JasonTM said:

Remove lines 191 through 209

//Origins Start

//Submarine Submerging
if (_inVehicle and (_vehicle isKindOf "ori_submarine")) then {
    if (sub_up < 0) then {
        DZE_SubMarine = _vehicle;
        sub_down = DZE_SubMarine addAction ["Rise","origins\sub_down.sqf","",5,false,true];
        sub_up = DZE_SubMarine addAction ["Submerge","origins\sub_up.sqf","",5,false,true];
    };
} else {
    //DZE_SubMarine = player;
    sub_up = -1;
    DZE_SubMarine removeAction sub_down;
    sub_down = -1;
};
//Origins End

wont that take away the option for the sub to go up/down?

30 minutes ago, server steve21k said:

wont that take away the option for the sub to go up/down?

Does it work now? I can't imagine it does. If these files exist then you can probably make it work.

origins\sub_down.sqf
origins\sub_up.sqf

3 minutes ago, JasonTM said:

Does it work now? I can't imagine it does. If these files exist then you can probably make it work.

origins\sub_down.sqf
origins\sub_up.sqf

it was working until I deleted the lines u said, I do have origins\sub_down.sqf, origins\sub_up.sqf. but no option for sub up/down.

2 minutes ago, server steve21k said:

it was working until I deleted the lines u said, I do have origins\sub_down.sqf, origins\sub_up.sqf. but no option for sub up/down.

Hold on. Let me go look at how that DZE_SubMarine variable is initialized in the Origins mod.