nill

killerkiwi

Hey,

Oxygen 2 has been replaced by Object Builder as explained here : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Oxygen_2

If you are planning to build everything from the ground up (alone?)  then I would be surprised if this project is finished in under 12 months.  The map I cannot comment on the time needed to create one from scratch, but I do know that you have to be committed to it 100%.

As for creating models from scratch, dont use any Bohemia tools to create the meshes, instead use 3dsMax or Blender (for Blender you will need the addon for Arma) , then you can export your models to Object Builder for the final set up. This way is much much quicker than using BiS's tools to create meshes.

Good Luck, I hope to see some nice progress in the future!

5 hours ago, Helion4 said:

Hey,

Oxygen 2 has been replaced by Object Builder as explained here : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Oxygen_2

If you are planning to build everything from the ground up (alone?)  then I would be surprised if this project is finished in under 12 months.  The map I cannot comment on the time needed to create one from scratch, but I do know that you have to be committed to it 100%.

As for creating models from scratch, dont use any Bohemia tools to create the meshes, instead use 3dsMax or Blender (for Blender you will need the addon for Arma) , then you can export your models to Object Builder for the final set up. This way is much much quicker than using BiS's tools to create meshes.

Good Luck, I hope to see some nice progress in the future!

i'm having a error texture_01_nopx.paa can't load texture some thing like when i load buldozer 

just make sure the .paa is named as it should be and it is located where it's supposed to be. Also, don't forget to check paths and names in the .rvmats, and If you haven't already, make sure your P: drive install is clean and not corrupt.

are you looking for people to help you add stuff to the map? We have an admin thats exceptional with the editor and details for making stuff look authentic.

I can pass the message along if you need a helping hand.

Also, this looks awesome, hopefully Arma 2 doesnt die before you get the chance to finish this. Definitely looking to try this out

8 hours ago, theduke said:

are you looking for people to help you add stuff to the map? We have an admin thats exceptional with the editor and details for making stuff look authentic.

I can pass the message along if you need a helping hand.

Also, this looks awesome, hopefully Arma 2 doesnt die before you get the chance to finish this. Definitely looking to try this out

ye i need some help plz can you let him know plz

send him my discord https://discord.gg/3ggw5Qq

i was going to make a town gen but to much hassle 

i was thinking of exporting the map to a3 as well