Using the Command HUD in DayZ Epoch 1.0.6.2

TheodoreCHill

Question

Hello

My server uses a feature that allows players to recruit AI via the radio.

The AI work well and there aren't many problems with them except for the fact that the command HUD (the green group icons at the bottom left hand corner of the screen showing your soldiers) is disabled.

The ~ and backspace button allow you to select and order them around but the numberpad ' . ' and f1-f10 keys are already bined to other features/disabled.

Does anyone have any idea how I might go about un-hiding/enabling the command hud as well as adding the ability to select them with the f1-10 keys?

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

The HUD in the corner is disabled because of  the Group Menu. When you are the group leader and invite people, you will see them in the HUD as well that's why ebay decided to hide it. If you are using the group menu I would leave it how it currently is but if you don't, you should be able to toggle in back on without a problem.

The F keys on the keyboard are disabled in the keyboard.sqf. They are defined in a _block array. There are all keys that are blocked. Just take them out and you should be good to go.

7 hours ago, DAmNRelentless said:

The HUD in the corner is disabled because of  the Group Menu. When you are the group leader and invite people, you will see them in the HUD as well that's why ebay decided to hide it. If you are using the group menu I would leave it how it currently is but if you don't, you should be able to toggle in back on without a problem.

The F keys on the keyboard are disabled in the keyboard.sqf. They are defined in a _block array. There are all keys that are blocked. Just take them out and you should be good to go.

So what would need to be done to enable the hud, exactly? Where in the keyboard.sqf does it 'hide' the menu?

I have to take a look when I am back home but you can find the keyboard.sqf in your @Dayz_Epoch\addons\dayz_code\compile\keyboard.sqf. You need to copy it to your mission and adjust the path in your compiles.sqf.

It doesn't hide the menu, the keyboard.sqf just uses a method to block the control keys.

On 3/14/2018 at 2:55 AM, DAmNRelentless said:

I have to take a look when I am back home but you can find the keyboard.sqf in your @Dayz_Epoch\addons\dayz_code\compile\keyboard.sqf. You need to copy it to your mission and adjust the path in your compiles.sqf.

It doesn't hide the menu, the keyboard.sqf just uses a method to block the control keys.

Yeah I know that, the issue is that the squad index is hidden. I'm trying to figure out how to un-hide it so that you can see what soldiers you have selected when giving them specific tasks.

Just a heads up;

Removing the following

[[DIK_1], _rifle] call _addArray;
    [[DIK_2], _pistol] call _addArray;
    [[DIK_3], _melee] call _addArray;

Will break any HUD using the quickswitch function.

The AI otherwise work just fine with the space bar, ~, backspace, and numberpad '.' (period).