Grahame

ARMA3 DayZ Mission System (DZMS)

This is a purely derivative port of the DayZ Mission System to ARMA3/Epoch. I have added functionality where appropriate (equipping uniforms for example) and stripped and replaced ARMA2 or DayZ/Epoch specific code in this implementation.

The DayZ Mission System is a very good, lightweight and modular mission system.

Credits

There are a lot of people who have contributed to DZMS on A2/DayZ/Epoch. Please check the links below for many of them. Personally they all have my thanks for providing a solid mission system that has been a lot of fun to play in the years I've spent on DayZ/Epoch:

Download

Download from GitHub at:

https://github.com/morgoth0/A3E-DZMS

Installation Instructions

If using Vanilla ARMA3/Epoch, and you just want to just try it out simply download and upload the DZMS.pbo in the @EpochHive folder into the @EpochHive/addons folder on your server.

The source files, including the three config files are located in the DZMS folder on GitHub

Coming soon

• All the missions included within the latest version of DZMS 1.1 uploaded by @JasonTM will be implemented using CUP Terrains Core for use on maps and servers that support it.
  • A module to support Static weapons at missions
  • More diverse and varied loot tables for custom crates
  • A port of the DZMS Hotspots code for roadblocks and other such interesting things
  • The ability to run multiple major, minor and hotspot missions
  • Better configuration instructions and a mission file design tutorial

Couple of things I need to fix (minor things) and will be adding all the missions for those with CUP Terrains Core on their servers. Will provide an update in the morning. Does work and look so much better with CUP Terrains Core (and CUP Weapons/Vehicles for the graphics on the mission notifications)

Works with few changes. But you need a client side mod to handle medical properly and make epi pens a magazine. Also, infiSTAR needs a small bit of code removed, if you use it, to allow advanced throwing and tactical ladders to work with the scroll wheel. I'll put up a mod on Steam with just the character model changes if you'd like @Sneer

Mostly, but there will be inconsistancies without the extra body hit locations in the arms and legs. You also need the new login, respawn and other scripts I have for medical persistence and to stop Epoch from handling damage... 

• 3 weeks later...

To fix the issue with all the missions spawning too close, edit the _okDis in DZMSFindPos. Currently in your code it is set to 1000. When I was testing DZMS on Altis I had to bump it up to 6000.

To get missions off the salt flats I just used the blacklist.

[[23496.6,18389.7,0],1900],
    [[10801.4,10606.9,0],500],
    [[23723.8,16225.6,0],340]

This is pulled from the easy port I had of DZMS to run on Altis Life back before Arma updated and broke my method.

BIS_fnc_findSafePos basically looks for safe positions on the map based on Area, Terrain Slope, Shoreline, Near Objects, and etc. It doesn't just select randomly on the map. The main issue with it is that it will select the same safe areas repeatedly since it wasn't designed to be used this way. DZMS is designed to use code to get around that.

There could be other solutions instead of findSafePos, but it would require a lot more code than what we have already, or may require looping more times for a good position.

• 1 month later...