Identical files

Aslan247

Question

Hi guys, 

I'm completely new to server scripting and installing addons etc so please forgive my ignorance in this matter. 

I have installed a 'Deploy' script for bike and mozzie which works great. When trying to add other scripts though I am struggling as there are some files to add to the root with the same names. 

For example I am trying to add the 'Suicide' script which on the instructions tells me to unzip folders 'Addons' and 'Overwrites' to my mission root. I already have two folders there with the same names from my 'Deploy' script. 

Can anyone be kind enough to explain in lay-mans terms exactly what I need to do please? I would be extremely grateful! 

Thank you! 

3 answers to this question

You need to combine the duplicated files manually one by one. 

I use notepad ++ with the compare plugin and merge all the differences. 

If the files inside the folders are different, just copy them into your existing folders  

Youll find a lot of mods use the same files, so you’ll need to do this multiple times. 

some files you will see duplicates of all the time. variables.sqf compiles.sqf and fn_selfactions.sqf come to mind..
Notepad++ is nice but I prefer diffmerge personally.  You still need to pay attention as these things are not automatic. generally speaking the information in the new script is to be added to the existing file and not overwrite it, its a matter of adding it in the right location.

If you get lost you can always use the modpack created by @salival found here.  This is a really nice base for further custimization.