ESSV3 - Enhanced Spawn Selection

victorks

Question

Hello, could anyone help set up a new generation character? I really do not understand how this works, at least I wanted to put the map and the toolbox!

Spoiler

class_selection = true; //Enable class selection dialog
#define START_ITEMS "HandRoadFlare","ItemBandage",2,"ItemPainkiller","ItemWaterbottle","FoodPistachio"
class_public = [ // These are visible to anyone on the server
    [(localize "str_playerstats_bandit")+" Lvl1","Bandit1_DZ","BanditW1_DZ",[START_ITEMS,"17Rnd_9x19_glock17",2],["G17_DZ"],"",[],[],0,-5000,0,""],
    [(localize "str_playerstats_bandit")+" Lvl2","Bandit1_DZ","BanditW1_DZ",[START_ITEMS,"17Rnd_9x19_glock17",3,"ItemMorphine"],["G17_DZ"],"DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1",[],[],0,-10000,0,""],
    [(localize "str_playerstats_bandit")+" Lvl3","Bandit1_DZ","BanditW1_DZ",[START_ITEMS,"17Rnd_9x19_glock17",4,"ItemMorphine"],["G17_DZ"],"DZ_TK_Assault_Pack_EP1",[],[],0,-15000,0,"MeleeHatchet"],
    [(localize "str_playerstats_hero")+" Lvl1",if (class_epoch) then {"Soldier_Sniper_PMC_DZ"} else {"Survivor3_DZ"},"SurvivorW2_DZ",[START_ITEMS,"6Rnd_45ACP",2],["Revolver_DZ"],"",[],[],0,5000,0,""],
    [(localize "str_playerstats_hero")+" Lvl2",if (class_epoch) then {"Soldier_Sniper_PMC_DZ"} else {"Survivor3_DZ"},"SurvivorW2_DZ",[START_ITEMS,"6Rnd_45ACP",3,"ItemMorphine"],["Revolver_DZ"],"DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1",[],[],0,10000,0,""],
    [(localize "str_playerstats_hero")+" Lvl3",if (class_epoch) then {"Soldier_Sniper_PMC_DZ"} else {"Survivor3_DZ"},"SurvivorW2_DZ",[START_ITEMS,"6Rnd_45ACP",4,"ItemMorphine"],["Revolver_DZ"],"DZ_TK_Assault_Pack_EP1",[],[],0,15000,0,"MeleeHatchet"],
    [localize "str_playerstats_survivor","Survivor2_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ",[START_ITEMS,"8Rnd_9x18_Makarov",2],["Makarov_DZ"],"",[],[],0,0,0]
];

4 answers to this question

Ok, so I just looked at what I had in my old files, and have some suggestions to possibly make it easier on you.

Underneath the line where you have " #define START_ITEMS ", I would insert a new line with the following:

Spoiler

#define START_TOOLS "ItemMap","ItemToolbox"

If you want to add items to that, they would have to be toolbelt items only. The last item on the list has to have no comma. This is if you want to adjust the other classes too, this way you have less being written in as you have already defined what the default tool items would be with the START_TOOLS line is.So on the follow line that you posted here

Spoiler

[localize "str_playerstats_survivor","Survivor2_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ",[START_ITEMS,"8Rnd_9x18_Makarov",2],["Makarov_DZ"],"",[],[],0,0,0]

I would adjust it to:

Spoiler

[localize "str_playerstats_survivor","Survivor2_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ",[START_ITEMS,"8Rnd_9x18_Makarov",2],["Makarov_DZ",START_TOOLS],"",[],[],0,0,0]

The following link has good references for how each class is set up. It took me a little while to figure out back in the day when I first started running my own server. Easy now though haha.