Your first Epoch server? | Back in time.

EditedSnowHD

Hy,

I recently started playing A2 Epoch again after quite some time and the last few days i was wondering were it all started for me..

Then i remembered (also is in my 'about me' on this forum) that it was a server hosted by a fellow Dutchie named [AOS] Emmen.

Well my question(s) is/are simple: What was your first ever (long term) server called that you played on? and is it still around to this day? And what made it so special?

I hope you guys can still remember your roots.

My first long time server was a PVE server. I was new to the mod and tired of getting my
ass handed to me while i was trying to build a base as a Lone wolf. PVP has never really interested me
in any form of Dayz.
I liked to play a story with personal goals to achieve etc. This server was run by an experienced
server-pack user. After a few months I donated and was almost immediately asked to become an admin.
The server was regularly becoming full-ish and there seemed to be a fair few players returning on a regular
basis. I spent far too many hours of the day on that server. I became an admin and had a fully enjoyable
experience helping new players, and the call to aid of the regulars.

Through being an admin I became interested in the background work of hosting a server. I started off by
creating my own AI strongholds and missions for the server and eventually was allowed access to the server files. I
quickly moved into hosting my own local test server and my love for Epoch Mod was galvanized.

I used to create my own servers, hosted locally, using every map I could find, making it unique to my
standards - then I played the shit out of them, just me and a map full of AI. I can still remember
my excitement of the very first time of playing on Namalsk.

Player Interaction was what made me stay there for many months, eventually the owner of that site showed
his true colors when he became greedy and started selling admin access for donations. As you can
imagine this caused all sorts of problems with kids using the admin tools and ruining legit players
experience and ultimately was the reason I left.

From the time I settled on that one PVE server so long ago, approx 2013/2014, 8966 hours have passed me by on Arma 2
Dayz Epoch and I have loved (almost) every minute of it. I miss it dearly. I wish I could forget about it and
re-discover the whole thing again
, I have never had an experience with a video game like I have had
with the Dayz Epoch mod, all the other Dayz mods and Arma altogether, and I have been gaming since the commodore 64 was released! (1982)

That server will remain nameless, but every now and then it comes back under the same name, using a pre-built
server pack, then disappears until next time, like a vampire.

• 3 years later...