[RELEASE] JAEM - Just another Evac-Chopper Mod v1.6

JasonTM

12 hours ago, server steve21k said:

https://pastebin.com/XNAzEvJQ

DZE_permanentPlot = true;

Thanks for the help @JasonTM @steve21k. I realized that being a tool comes with disadvantages like asking dumb questions like mine. I realized this morning that in your features description you said that if the heli gets destroyed and by putting another heli on the pad will accept it as the new recue heli. So i went to buy another little bird, put it on the pad and i was allowed to remove the existing helipad. Initially my thinking in terms of removing them was too technical. So i can conclude that you have rebuilt an awesome mod and 99.9% flawless.

7 hours ago, Cyrus said:

Thanks for the help @JasonTM @steve21k. I realized that being a tool comes with disadvantages like asking dumb questions like mine. I realized this morning that in your features description you said that if the heli gets destroyed and by putting another heli on the pad will accept it as the new recue heli. So i went to buy another little bird, put it on the pad and i was allowed to remove the existing helipad. Initially my thinking in terms of removing them was too technical. So i can conclude that you have rebuilt an awesome mod and 99.9% flawless.

Thanks. The only real problem with the mod is when the player dies. The helicopter pilot does not follow instructions after the player dies. The reason for this is because after death, your client resets and any scripts you were running are terminated and you are sent back to the lobby. The only way around this is to send some of the code server side so the server can execute the script even if the player dies. I might do this in the future, but I'm not sure it's worth putting extra stress on the server.

11 hours ago, JasonTM said:

Thanks. The only real problem with the mod is when the player dies. The helicopter pilot does not follow instructions after the player dies. The reason for this is because after death, your client resets and any scripts you were running are terminated and you are sent back to the lobby. The only way around this is to send some of the code server side so the server can execute the script even if the player dies. I might do this in the future, but I'm not sure it's worth putting extra stress on the server.

Thats a good idea. maybe, as a suggestion and based on the hardware the server is running on that that continuous script execute on player death can be an optional feature. I for one would welcome it. My server currently runs on a KVM to which i have allocated 500gb ssd space from 4tb striped raid, 16 cores xenon @2.2 ghz and 16gb 2400mhz ram. I have a bunch of custom added bases and buildings, 2 static AI bases with 30 AI each, 3 mission systems, your evac system, single coin system with global banking, refuel/rearm, mystery corpse event, infected pools and dams, zombie camps, zombie hordes, supply drops, dynamic weather, customized loadouts..and with all of this im still only utilizing on 50% server performance. server running at 45fps with 10 people online.

Here are some screenshots, first two are my custom AI bases and last one is our Evacs baricaded by barbed fence, lockbox for keys and refuel point:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1287907026

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1287906859

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1287906710

• 2 weeks later...

HI community.

I used to have this running on 1.0.5 and tried installing it on my new 1.0.6 server. I can set the chopper without issue and remove it as well. But when I right click on GPS to call it, nothing happens. The chopper doesn't move. Anyone have any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Tricks said:

HI community.

I used to have this running on 1.0.5 and tried installing it on my new 1.0.6 server. I can set the chopper without issue and remove it as well. But when I right click on GPS to call it, nothing happens. The chopper doesn't move. Anyone have any thoughts?

What does your click actions entry look like? Make sure that you have a comma on the end of all of the click actions except for the last one.

5 minutes ago, JasonTM said:

What does you click actions entry look like? Make sure that you have a comma on the end of all of the click actions except for the last one.

No extra comma at the end. I get the option to call the chopper, just nothing happens when I do. Here is the code:

DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = [
    ["ItemGPS","Scan Nearby","if(isNil 'DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE') then {DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE = 1500;};DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_ZOMBIE_COUNT = count ((position player) nearEntities ['zZombie_Base',DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE]); DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_MAN_COUNT = count ((position player) nearEntities ['CAManBase',DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE]);cutText[format['Within %1 Meters: %2 AI/players, %3 zombies, %4 vehicles',DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE,DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_MAN_COUNT - DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_ZOMBIE_COUNT,count ((position player) nearEntities ['zZombie_Base',DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE]),count ((position player) nearEntities ['allVehicles',DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE]) - DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_MAN_COUNT],'PLAIN DOWN'];","true"],
    ["ItemGPS","Range Up"   ,"if(isNil 'DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE') then {DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE = 1500;};DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE = (DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE + 100) min 2500; cutText[format['GPS RANGE: %1',DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE],'PLAIN DOWN'];","true"],
    ["ItemGPS","Range Down" ,"if(isNil 'DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE') then {DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE = 1500;};DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE = (DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE - 100) max 1000;  cutText[format['GPS RANGE: %1',DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE],'PLAIN DOWN'];","true"],
    ["ItemGPS","Toggle Map Marker","execVM 'scripts\deploy\overwrites\click_actions\examples\marker.sqf';","true"],
    ["ItemMap","Toggle Map Marker","execVM 'scripts\deploy\overwrites\click_actions\examples\marker.sqf';","true"],
    ["ItemRadio","Toggle Power","execVM 'scripts\radio\switch_on_off.sqf';","true"],
    ["ItemGPS","Call Evac Chopper","if(!evac_chopperInProgress) then {execVM 'scripts\JAEM\callEvacChopper.sqf';} else {'You have already called an Evac Chopper' call dayz_rollingmessages;};","true"]
];

I appreciate the help as well, thank you.

5 minutes ago, Tricks said:

No extra comma at the end. I get the option to call the chopper, just nothing happens when I do. Here is the code:

DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = [
    ["ItemGPS","Scan Nearby","if(isNil 'DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE') then {DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE = 1500;};DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_ZOMBIE_COUNT = count ((position player) nearEntities ['zZombie_Base',DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE]); DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_MAN_COUNT = count ((position player) nearEntities ['CAManBase',DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE]);cutText[format['Within %1 Meters: %2 AI/players, %3 zombies, %4 vehicles',DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE,DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_MAN_COUNT - DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_ZOMBIE_COUNT,count ((position player) nearEntities ['zZombie_Base',DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE]),count ((position player) nearEntities ['allVehicles',DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE]) - DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_MAN_COUNT],'PLAIN DOWN'];","true"],
    ["ItemGPS","Range Up"   ,"if(isNil 'DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE') then {DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE = 1500;};DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE = (DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE + 100) min 2500; cutText[format['GPS RANGE: %1',DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE],'PLAIN DOWN'];","true"],
    ["ItemGPS","Range Down" ,"if(isNil 'DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE') then {DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE = 1500;};DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE = (DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE - 100) max 1000;  cutText[format['GPS RANGE: %1',DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS_GPS_RANGE],'PLAIN DOWN'];","true"],
    ["ItemGPS","Toggle Map Marker","execVM 'scripts\deploy\overwrites\click_actions\examples\marker.sqf';","true"],
    ["ItemMap","Toggle Map Marker","execVM 'scripts\deploy\overwrites\click_actions\examples\marker.sqf';","true"],
    ["ItemRadio","Toggle Power","execVM 'scripts\radio\switch_on_off.sqf';","true"],
    ["ItemGPS","Call Evac Chopper","if(!evac_chopperInProgress) then {execVM 'scripts\JAEM\callEvacChopper.sqf';} else {'You have already called an Evac Chopper' call dayz_rollingmessages;};","true"]
];

I appreciate the help as well, thank you.

That is correct. Does the server rpt show any errors about file not found or anything?

EDIT: I mean client rpt.

1 minute ago, JasonTM said:

That is correct. Does the server rpt show any errors about file not found or anything?

No there are zero errors, that is what is boggling my mind. I am using the latest InfiSTAR, could that be an issue? I added the BE filter modifications you instructed. However my scripts.txt looks way different then yours. It didn't have as many lines as yours. Can I send it to you? I don't think I am allowed to post it...

• 1 month later...

Version 1.6 is available for testing: https://github.com/worldwidesorrow/JAEM-v1.5/tree/JAEM-v1.6

I added it as a second branch to the github repo.

This version has the ai and flight management on the server. The install process has changed a bit in the instructions.

This version solves the issue of the ai chopper pilot not receiving further instructions after the player dies. If the player dies, the pilot will set a new waypoint and fly back to the original location.

Additionally, I added a solution to an unresolved issue, disabled helicopter. If your evac chopper is heavily damaged in flight, the ai pilot will land safely and exit the helicopter. I added an option to place a local marker on the disabled chopper with optional timer.

https://github.com/worldwidesorrow/JAEM-v1.5/blob/JAEM-v1.6/dayz_code/init/variables.sqf#L17-L18

If your helicopter is destroyed, you will get a message and the marker will be deleted.

• 3 years later...

I have this kind of working in 1.0.7. I had to change line 46 in SetEvacChopper from _wealth = player getVariable[Z_MoneyVariable,0]; to

_wealth = player getVariable["cashMoney",0];    This will set the heli pad but when I call for it at a different location I get the following error:

if (_damage >= .9 && (_part == "PartEngine" || _part>
  Error position: <>= .9 && (_part == "PartEngine" || _part>
  Error >=: Type Array, expected Number
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\scripts\JAEM\callEvacChopper.sqf, line 76

I had this mod in 1.0.6.2 and don't remember running into this error. Does anyone have this in 1.0.7?

Edited by Stephen
Update

• 2 years later...