[SOLVED] Trader Vehicles not spawning

Thug

Question

I have an overpoch Sauerland server. The vehicle traders are not spawning when you buy. The SOB takes your money and gives you a key, but no vehicle.  The arrow comes up for about 12 seconds.  After the restart, they are there, all on top of each other.

NO, I do not have infistar installedIt brakes the server. No admin tools at all.

Here are my server and client RPTs. Can someone please take a look for me?

Client

Server

All other traders work.

10 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Thug said:

I have an overpoch Sauerland server. The vehicle traders are not spawning when you buy. The SOB takes your money and gives you a key, but no vehicle.  The arrow comes up for about 12 seconds.  After the restart, they are there, all on top of each other.

NO, I do not have infistar installedIt brakes the server. No admin tools at all.

Here are my server and client RPTs. Can someone please take a look for me?

Client

Server

All other traders work.

Hey Thug,

== "C:\sspanel\gameservers\arma2\23126\arma2oaserver.exe"  -mod=@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server -ip=89.163.204.65 -port=5802 -profiles=Admin -config=Admin\server.cfg -cfg=Admin\arma2.cfg -name=Admin -nolog

You're running your server with -noLog, this means we can't see any errors generated by your server.

I'll PM you my email address, send me your files and I'll take a look.

Cheers

@salival He has -nolog when really it should be -nologs

Errors are still being shown i believe

Spoiler

13:17:50 "CUSTOM: failed to get id for : "14238101114091066""
13:17:50 "Trader Menu: Thug (UID) purchased 1x hilux1_civil_3_open_DZE into gear at trader city pjsoutpost for 8,000 Coins"
13:18:39 "SERVER FPS: 19  PLAYERS: 2"
13:19:40 ["z\addons\dayz_server\system\scheduler\sched_sync.sqf","TIME SYNC: Local Time set to:",[2012,8,2,11,19],"Fullmoon:",true,"Date given by HiveExt.dll:",[2018,1,8,11,19]]
13:20:57 "WAI: [Mission:[Hero] Black Hawk Crash]: Starting... [18504.8,18120,0]"
13:20:59 "WAI: Spawned a group of 3 AI (Bandit) at [18504.8,18120,0]"
13:21:00 Error in expression <n {
for "_i" from 1 to _mags do {
_unit addMagazine _magazine;
};
_unit addweapo>
13:21:00   Error position: <addMagazine _magazine;
};
_unit addweapo>
13:21:00   Error addmagazine: Type Bool, expected Array,String
13:21:00 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\compile\spawn_group.sqf, line 141

Edit:

14:24:50 "Trader Menu: Thug (UID) purchased 1x MtvrRefuel_DZ into gear at trader city pjsoutpost for 70,000 Coins"

"purchased into gear" HUH? :S

Having had a similar problem on my Panthera Server. 

All my traders worked except for the Hero and Bandit Traders, where I got a RED Arrow Money Taken and no Vehicle.... :( 

I found this very useful resource https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/SQF/dayz_code/configVariables.sqf 

This contains all the current variables and this one : 

Z_VehicleDistance = 40; // Max distance a vehicle can be sold or accessed from at a trader. (Line 71)

allows you to change the distance that vehicles spawn from the trader.

On panthera the Hero and Bandit Trader are over 60M away. I set this to 70 and it is now working fine. 

Hope this helps someone.  Cheers Hawkeye. 

6 hours ago, Crossfire84 said:

Hi

I have exactly the same problem on chernarus map,
can you tell me the solution to the problem?

no infistar installed!

Make sure you have this function: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Server Files/SQL/epoch.sql#L111-L146

If this doesn't fix it, I would need copies of your client and server RPT and your HiveExt.log

On 12/15/2019 at 10:59 AM, salival said:

Make sure you have this function: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Server Files/SQL/epoch.sql#L111-L146

If this doesn't fix it, I would need copies of your client and server RPT and your HiveExt.log

I know this was a year and a half ago but this helped me. Thank you!

I transferred my database from one server to another and it didn't transfer the procedure correctly, re-executing the sql procedure fixed it :)

On 5/6/2021 at 4:01 PM, looter809 said:

I know this was a year and a half ago but this helped me. Thank you!

I transferred my database from one server to another and it didn't transfer the procedure correctly, re-executing the sql procedure fixed it :)

I am having this same issue with a newly created 1.0.7.1 Epoch server: The trader takes the coins, the red arrow appears but no vehicle spawns. It happens with some vehicles but not with others. How exactly do I employ this DB fix? Do I just run the following procedure in the database once to fix it? And would changing the distance for the vehicle spawn help? Thanks for any help! 

Spoiler
DROP procedure IF EXISTS `retObjID`;

DELIMITER $$
  CREATE PROCEDURE `retObjID`(
  IN objTableName VARCHAR(256),
  IN SID INT(11),
  IN UID bigint(24),
  OUT OID INT(11)unsigned
  )
  BEGIN
  DECLARE x INT;
  declare sqlstr VARCHAR(256);

SET @OID = 0;
  SET @x = 1;
  SET @sqlstr = CONCAT('SELECT `ObjectID` from `', objTableName ,'` where `Instance` = ', SID ,' AND `ObjectUID` = ', UID ,' INTO @OID');
  PREPARE stmt FROM @sqlstr;

WHILE (@x <= 5) DO
  EXECUTE stmt;
  IF (@OID > 0) then
  SET @x = 6;
  else
  SET @x = @x + 1;
  DO sleep(0.1);
  END IF;
  END WHILE;
  DEALLOCATE PREPARE stmt;
  SET OID = @OID;
  SELECT @OID;
  END;$$

DELIMITER ;

On 12/2/2022 at 11:28 AM, Vladick said:

I am having this same issue with a newly created 1.0.7.1 Epoch server: The trader takes the coins, the red arrow appears but no vehicle spawns. It happens with some vehicles but not with others. How exactly do I employ this DB fix? Do I just run the following procedure in the database once to fix it? And would changing the distance for the vehicle spawn help? Thanks for any help! 

Reveal hidden contents
DROP procedure IF EXISTS `retObjID`;

DELIMITER $$
  CREATE PROCEDURE `retObjID`(
  IN objTableName VARCHAR(256),
  IN SID INT(11),
  IN UID bigint(24),
  OUT OID INT(11)unsigned
  )
  BEGIN
  DECLARE x INT;
  declare sqlstr VARCHAR(256);

SET @OID = 0;
  SET @x = 1;
  SET @sqlstr = CONCAT('SELECT `ObjectID` from `', objTableName ,'` where `Instance` = ', SID ,' AND `ObjectUID` = ', UID ,' INTO @OID');
  PREPARE stmt FROM @sqlstr;

WHILE (@x <= 5) DO
  EXECUTE stmt;
  IF (@OID > 0) then
  SET @x = 6;
  else
  SET @x = @x + 1;
  DO sleep(0.1);
  END IF;
  END WHILE;
  DEALLOCATE PREPARE stmt;
  SET OID = @OID;
  SELECT @OID;
  END;$$

DELIMITER ;

Yes, just have your epoch database selected and then run the SQL script on it. You don't even have to restart the server to see the fix, it will work immediately after you add the procedure to the database.