[Release] Salivals Mod Pack [Updated for 1.0.7]

salival

I was trying to install your pack (with the latest changes) on a fresh server, 2 issues that I encountered so far:

1. In-game error for missing "dayz_server\compile\server_maintainArea.sqf" (I check and i see the file still in that folder)

2. When selecting "Virtual Garage" from a plotPole, RPT generates this issue:
    (im running with ExtDB, overwatch and epoch in the param)

10:39:23 Error in expression < call compile format["%1",_key];
_key = _key select 1;

uiSleep (random .03);

>
10:39:23   Error position: <_key select 1;

uiSleep (random .03);

>
10:39:23   Error Undefined variable in expression: _key
10:39:23 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\garage\fn_async.sqf, line 26
10:39:23 Error in expression < = "extDB" callExtension format["4:%1", _key];
if (_queryResult == "[5]") then {>
10:39:23   Error position: <_key];
if (_queryResult == "[5]") then {>
10:39:23   Error Undefined variable in expression: _key
10:39:23 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\garage\fn_async.sqf, line 34
10:39:23 Error in expression <ult = call compile _queryResult;

if ((_queryResult select 0) == 0) exitWith {d>
10:39:23   Error position: <_queryResult select 0) == 0) exitWith {d>
10:39:23   Error Undefined variable in expression: _queryresult
10:39:23 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\garage\fn_async.sqf, line 61
10:39:23 Error in expression <_asyncCall;

PVDZE_queryVehicleResult = _result;

if (!isNull _player) then {_cl>
10:39:23   Error position: <_result;

if (!isNull _player) then {_cl>
10:39:23   Error Undefined variable in expression: _result
10:39:23 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\garage\server_queryVehicle.sqf, line 11

Please help when you have time. Thank you.

4 hours ago, gelo534 said:

hello, I have problem with extdb-conf, who just does not want to log in to my DB; WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Main]
;Threads = 0 
; Default Value is number of CPU Cores Detected

[Logging]
; If u are going to disable Logging for performance reasons, grab the No-Logging Version of extdb
Filter = 2
; 2 = Default Setting, this doesn't take effect till after Config File has been loaded.
;         0 = more cpu intensive, 5 = barely anything except exception handling 
;
; 0 trace
; 1 debug
; 2 info
; 3 warning
; 4 error
; 5 fatal

[Database]
Type = MySQL
; Name of the database you want to store the virtual garage data in, if you want to use your main database enter that here, or use extDB for an external database (if you are doing a hive of virtual garage basically)
Name = ms868.nitrado.net
; mysql username
Username = ni678041_1_DB
; mysql password
Password = Yourpassword

; ip for your mysql database, you can use localhost if it's on the local machine or an ip address if it's remote (i.e: 1.2.3.4)
IP = localhost
; mysql port
Port = 3306

minSessions = 1
maxSessions = 4
idleTime = 60

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have edited your post, please don't post your username and password on a public forum!

You have edited this file incorrectly

This is the database name not your hostname, that goes down in the IP = section

Name =

9 hours ago, npploveyou said:

I was trying to install your pack (with the latest changes) on a fresh server, 2 issues that I encountered so far:

1. In-game error for missing "dayz_server\compile\server_maintainArea.sqf" (I check and i see the file still in that folder)

Please help when you have time. Thank you.

This bug from InfiStar 1448.

in AH.sqf find

server_maintainArea_original = if(isNil 'server_maintainArea')then{compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_maintainArea.sqf';}else{server_maintainArea};
		while{1 == 1}do
		{
			local_lockUnlock = fn_infiSTAR_local_lockUnlock;

server_maintainArea = {
				private['_input','_player','_targetObj'];
				_input = _this select 1;
				_player = _input select 0;
				_targetObj = _input select 2;

_log = format['%1(%2) maintained %3 (objid: %4) @%5 (%6)',name _player,getPlayerUID _player,typeOf _targetObj, _targetObj getvariable['ObjectID','0'],mapGridPosition _targetObj,getposatl _targetObj];
				['MAINTAIN',_log] call fn_custom_log;

_input spawn server_maintainArea_original;
			};

and replace with

while{1 == 1}do
		{
			local_lockUnlock = fn_infiSTAR_local_lockUnlock;

'PVDZE_maintainArea' addPublicVariableEventHandler
				{
					private['_input','_player','_targetObj'];
					_input = (_this select 1);
					_player = _input select 0;
					_targetObj = _input select 2;

_log = format['%1(%2) maintained %3 (objid: %4) @%5 (%6)',name _player,getPlayerUID _player,typeOf _targetObj, _targetObj getvariable['ObjectID','0'],mapGridPosition _targetObj,getposatl _targetObj];
					['MAINTAIN',_log] call fn_custom_log;

_input spawn server_maintainArea
				};

guys

any queston:

as use extraRC code:

class ItemObsidian {
        class Start_Crafting {
            text = "Start Crafting!";
            script = "closeDialog 0;createDialog ""Advanced_Crafting"";execVM ""custom\Buildables\Obsidian.sqf""";
        };

};	

in click actions

["ItemMap","Test","closeDialog 0;createDialog ""Advanced_Crafting"";execVM ""custom\Buildables\Obsidian.sqf"","true"]

tell me pls_

Hi there,

I have been trying to figure out how to use the Virtual Garage script in this mod pack. I see that when I mousewheel on the plot poll I get the option of Virtual Garage and a dialog box comes up saying it is searching for vehicles. But how do I spawn the virtual garage itself? What do I need in my inventory that I can right-click on to place a garage at my base? I have tried a ruby, a briefcase, and all the toolbelt items but I don't see how to spawn a virtual garage. I watched some vids on VG and still can't figure it out. Can someone please explain how this works or let me know if you suspect something is not working right?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Vladick said:

Hi there,

I have been trying to figure out how to use the Virtual Garage script in this mod pack. I see that when I mousewheel on the plot poll I get the option of Virtual Garage and a dialog box comes up saying it is searching for vehicles. But how do I spawn the virtual garage itself? What do I need in my inventory that I can right-click on to place a garage at my base? I have tried a ruby, a briefcase, and all the toolbelt items but I don't see how to spawn a virtual garage. I watched some vids on VG and still can't figure it out. Can someone please explain how this works or let me know if you suspect something is not working right?

Thanks!

it's by another addon. look at recent posts in 

9 hours ago, Vladick said:

Hi there,

Thanks!

you dont, by default the virtual, hence the word virtual, is on your plot pole. Salival changed it for ease for player, which i agree. The onlder version you had to actually build the garages with the gem crafting script.

This way you dont need 2 scripts to make one work. He also gave the option to add the "virtual garage" action on any object you prefer.

So for example, in your custom variables.sqf,

vg_list = ["Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ","Land_MBG_Garage_Single_D","Land_MBG_Garage_Single_A","Land_MBG_Garage_Single_B","Land_MBG_Garage_Single_C"]; // List of objects/traders that are allowed to interact with virtual garage. i.e: ["Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ","Worker2"];

this will allow my players to get the option on any of those in htat list

3 hours ago, theduke said:

you dont, by default the virtual, hence the word virtual, is on your plot pole. Salival changed it for ease for player, which i agree. The onlder version you had to actually build the garages with the gem crafting script.

This way you dont need 2 scripts to make one work. He also gave the option to add the "virtual garage" action on any object you prefer.

So for example, in your custom variables.sqf,

vg_list = ["Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ","Land_MBG_Garage_Single_D","Land_MBG_Garage_Single_A","Land_MBG_Garage_Single_B","Land_MBG_Garage_Single_C"]; // List of objects/traders that are allowed to interact with virtual garage. i.e: ["Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ","Worker2"];

this will allow my players to get the option on any of those in htat list

Thank you all for your replies!

So, I checked my custom variables.sqf and I do have the plot poll defined in the VG section as such:

vg_list = ["Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ"];

I was also able to spawn a heli pad from my tool box with a ruby in my inventory next to my plot poll. I then drove a vehicle with a key that I had in my inventory onto the heli pad. I then went to the plot poll, mousewheeled to and selected Virtual Garage and the dialog box just says, "Searching for vehicles..." I get no option to store the vehicle.

How do I store the vehicle in the VG? I tried mousewheeling on the vehicle and right-clicking various toolbelt items and of course I tried it on the plot poll but I do not see an option.

I would say you have either not uploaded the required .dll file for the extdb database or you haven’t updated your database with the new VG table. 

If you are using a host, quite a few do not allow the upload of .dll files, so if you transferred files through ftp or through their uploader, it may not have actually uploaded. You usually have to send it to them to scan and then they will upload it for you. 

28 minutes ago, lwbuk said:

I would say you have either not uploaded the required .dll file for the extdb database or you haven’t updated your database with the new VG table. 

If you are using a host, quite a few do not allow the upload of .dll files, so if you transferred files through ftp or through their uploader, it may not have actually uploaded. You usually have to send it to them to scan and then they will upload it for you. 

Thank you for your help. It's probably something I messed up with the DB. Here is what I did...

I ran the SQL to add the "garage" table to the database.

I edited the extdb-conf.ini (seen below, minus the password):

[Database]
Type = MySQL
; Name of the database you want to store the virtual garage data in, if you want to use your main database enter that here, or use extDB for an external database (if you are doing a hive of virtual garage basically)
Name = ss_36055
; mysql username
Username = ss36055jnkbller
; mysql password
Password = xxxxxxxx

; ip for your mysql database, you can use localhost if it's on the local machine or an ip address if it's remote (i.e: 1.2.3.4)
IP =  66.70.177.156
; mysql port
Port = 3306

I uploaded the @extDB folder containing the extdb-conf.ini and the extDB.dll to the root of the Survival Servers FTP site that hosts my server. It uploaded just fine the files are there.

I edited the launch parameters to -mod=@extDB;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server

Not sure what I did wrong. Does the @extDB folder go inside either the @DayZ_Epoch or the @DayZ_Epoch_Server folders on the FTP?

Anything look out of place to you?

Thank you for your help!

the @extdb folder goes in the root of your server. so it should be there with the @dayz_epoch and the @dayz_epoch_server folders

as for the launch parameters, im not sure if it does make a difference for the extdb, but i launch epoch first, then extdb, then the server.

1 hour ago, theduke said:

the @extdb folder goes in the root of your server. so it should be there with the @dayz_epoch and the @dayz_epoch_server folders

as for the launch parameters, im not sure if it does make a difference for the extdb, but i launch epoch first, then extdb, then the server.

It didn't like it when I switched the launch parameters around. The server didn't load and the RPT said:

Warning Message: Addon 'dayz_server' requires addon 'dayz_code'

Switched it back and it loaded fine. Oh well, something isn't right. I guess I will just comment out the VG call for now so as not to confuse players.

Thanks for your help! 

9 minutes ago, Vladick said:

It didn't like it when I switched the launch parameters around. The server didn't load and the RPT said:

Warning Message: Addon 'dayz_server' requires addon 'dayz_code'

Switched it back and it loaded fine. Oh well, something isn't right. I guess I will just comment out the VG call for now so as not to confuse players.

Thanks for your help! 

Ah ha! I noticed in the RPT that it was reading the launch parameters like this: 

-mod=-mod=@extDB;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server

It added it's own -mod=. Took that out of my launch parameters and the virtual garage works like a charm.

Thanks again to all of you who responded to help me!

why no credits to the original authors of these addons? Yes i understand you've updated them but no word of where most of them came from?

Bury Bodies (by seaweeduk)
    Click Actions (mudzereli)
    Deploy Anything (mudzereli)
    Locate Vehicle (Logi)
    Safe Zone Relocate (Halvhjearne)
    Service Points (axe cop)
    Take Clothes (Zabans)
    Virtual Garage (GZA David)
    Vehicle Key Changer (OtterNas3)
    ZSC (Zupa)
    Remote key (david)

2 hours ago, oldmatechoc said:

In just about every addon it says

/*
	xxxxxx script by salival (https://github.com/oiad)
*/

Not one mention of the original author.

No where in this thread are they mentioned. Nor are they mentioned in the individual threads.

eg.

Hide contents

30b96b1cec.png

Hi choc,

This modpack was thrown together for admins that were running around crying after 1.0.6.2 released, the original threads have credits in them for the mods that require them as per the original authors request.

If you want to be a pedantic dick about it, where's my credits for my fnc_log I gave you for personal use that you then released without my permission or without credits?

There's a few mods that you have highlighted there that probably need more credits to the original authors, sure.

Bury bodies, safezone relocate and locate vehicles are all new scripts from scratch, not from existing versions.

2 hours ago, oldmatechoc said:

In just about every addon it says

/*
	xxxxxx script by salival (https://github.com/oiad)
*/

Not one mention of the original author.

No where in this thread are they mentioned. Nor are they mentioned in the individual threads.

eg.

Hide contents

30b96b1cec.png

Why do I need to credit the original creator of the script if i'm not using any code at all from it?

In my rewrites I have credited where needed except if i've supplied the code.

Bury bodies, locate vehicle and safe zone relocate are all ORIGINAL code. not rewrites.

When discussing the bomb objects script you were told it was going to be released to the public, everything I've ever compiled I've shared with this "community".
You would think if you didn't want something posted you would have said something then.

Your credit is on the github, always has been.

Spoiler

5898cdae3e.png

It was on the original post as well, but that post was deleted when I banned.

Just find it hypocritical that your so anal about people crediting you, when you're pretty slack on doing the same.
I've heard this from a couple of other members of the forums as well, So its not just me that feels this way.

3 minutes ago, oldmatechoc said:

When discussing the bomb objects script you were told it was going to be released to the public, everything I've ever compiled I've shared with this "community".
You would think if you didn't want something posted you would have said something then.

Your credit is on the github, always has been.

Hide contents

5898cdae3e.png

It was on the original post as well, but that post was deleted when I banned.

Just find it hypocritical that your so anal about people crediting you, when you're pretty slack on doing the same.
I've heard this from a couple of other members of the forums as well, So its not just me that feels this way.

Credits for the original authors are on my github, they are also on this forum in their discussion threads.

You could have casually mentioned this to me without being a fuck stick about it, it's pretty obvious you came here trying to start something, Was it because I outed your buddy and his multiple personalities?

There were so many better ways you could have done this, I'm glad you've chosen the way you went.

You never mentioned to me that you were going to release it, you said you wanted logging for your base raid script, Your thread on this forum does not have credits, FYI.

There's so many mods I have worked on from other authors and I have tried to keep credits where possible, There's very possibly quite a few I have overlooked, nothing malicious, not trying to take away from the original author, the only reason you're doing this is malice and being an asshole. If you were doing this to mention that I had forgotten, you wouldn't have been so accusing.

Okay then, I don't really see why you think I'm a destructive member, all I've done here is try to help others in any way I can and learn along the way.
Yes your not mentioned on the forums, that's because I just threw it up quickly after being banned. I don't know the password for that account anymore so i was never able to correct it.

Casually mention it to you? Last time I spoke to you, you didn't respond, and pretty much assumed I would remove your credit from a script.
I posted it in here because there is less of of chance you'd ignore it because it was public.

"There were so many better ways you could have done this, I'm glad you've chosen the way you went."
What like call you a fuck stick, pedantic dick or an asshole?

Setting a great example for others there Forum Mod.

Regardless of how I worded it you were going to get hostile with me like you are now.
Ive been aware of your dislike for me for awhile now. Don't know why, don't really care.