Epoch 1.6.2 and GTX

gernika

Question

Hello everyone.
Someone knows what to do with gtx since  the `DZE_Server_Config` folder  should be into the root of the drive C:\  or a similar locations.
I mean I can still put that folder in the server root as the old instance_11_chernarus folder where HiveExt.ini config.cfg and basic.cgf is located...
But i would not want to do the update if gtx is going to change his structure.

Also ask about the new 1.6.2 sql tables. I do not have permissions in my gtx phpmyadmin account to update them.

I know "You should ask the support of gtx" but if someone already has this information please.

4 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, gernika said:

Hello everyone.
Someone knows what to do with gtx since  the `DZE_Server_Config` folder  should be into the root of the drive C:\  or a similar locations.
I mean I can still put that folder in the server root as the old instance_11_chernarus folder where HiveExt.ini config.cfg and basic.cgf is located...
But i would not want to do the update if gtx is going to change his structure.

Also ask about the new 1.6.2 sql tables. I do not have permissions in my gtx phpmyadmin account to update them.

I know "You should ask the support of gtx" but if someone already has this information please.

With hosting providers you may not be able to move the config folder as requested since a lot of the time you are only allowed access to your own directory.

There's nothing stopping you moving the config folder inside of your Arma 2 OA folder and changing the directory name.

As far as the update SQL goes, GTX should be able to enable what is required to do the update SQL, if they don't want to, it's their business they will miss out on.

10 minutes ago, salival said:

With hosting providers you may not be able to move the config folder as requested since a lot of the time you are only allowed access to your own directory.

There's nothing stopping you moving the config folder inside of your Arma 2 OA folder and changing the directory name.

As far as the update SQL goes, GTX should be able to enable what is required to do the update SQL, if they don't want to, it's their business they will miss out on.

There is a security vulnerability in A2/OA where config files placed inside of the A2/OA root can be read by a hacker if the file name and path is known or guessed. Files placed outside of the A2 folder, A2 documents folder and A2 appdata folder cannot be read by A2/OA so this effectively solves the vulnerability. The next best step is to make the startup bat name, profile directory, server and battle configs long and random such that they cannot be guessed and read.

@icomrade   @salival just another question for my test server.

in the launcher.bat i have>

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "C:\epoch162\arma2oaserver.exe" "-config=C:\DZE_Server_Config\7_lingor.cfg" "-cfg=C:\DZE_Server_Config\basic.cfg" "-profiles=C:\DZE_Server_Config" -name=server "-mod=@lingor;@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

what is the value for this entry

-name=server

is -name= DZE_Server_Config

38 minutes ago, gernika said:

@icomrade   @salival just another question for my test server.

in the launcher.bat i have>

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "C:\epoch162\arma2oaserver.exe" "-config=C:\DZE_Server_Config\7_lingor.cfg" "-cfg=C:\DZE_Server_Config\basic.cfg" "-profiles=C:\DZE_Server_Config" -name=server "-mod=@lingor;@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

what is the value for this entry

-name=server

is -name= DZE_Server_Config

name is used as the profile name the server runs on, i.e. similar to your player name, except it controls the server settings directory name and RCON message name