Local server stuck waiting to start authentication

morgan79

Question

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup my first day z epoch server and I have got it working perfectly fine on my machine and I have tried moving it to a separate machine to use as a dedicated server. When I run it on the server it starts up fine and when I login I get through the first screen and then when I'm loading into the world it gets stuck on starting authentication and it just counts up. I'm not sure what is going wrong any help will be very appreciated.

12 answers to this question

2 hours ago, morgan79 said:

Yeh they are, I feel like it is something to do with the ports as it working with on my local machine

If you did, it should work. What most people forget is to restart their machine after installing all the packages. It isn't related to the ports. If you port forwarded wrong, you wouldn't be able to connect to your server.

Just restart your machine the server is running on after you installed all c++ packages and try again. And the reason why it's working on your local machine is probably because you use it daily and turn it off each day. Also many games automatically install their needed packages so you probably have all of them and that's why the server is working on your local machine.

I have reinstalled the c++ packages and the client still gets stuck on waiting for the server to start authentication but now I get an error message on the server (Hive error) Error connecting to service:

This is what the hive log says:

2017-12-26 12:00:43 HiveExt: [Information] HiveExt 
2017-12-26 12:00:43 HiveExt: [Critical] Cannot create database: Error loading database module: DatabaseMySql

I have made sure that the user and password are correct for the user account, I have also recreated the database from scratch