New To Epoch

Shisho

Question

Hi Guys,

I have hosted other games before but I am new to Epoch Hosting. I have a server with GTX Gaming, and I am having a hard time finding the HiveExt.ini so that I can edit my daylight settings. I basically want to make it day time 24/7 right now. If anyone can download me to the right file that would be great, or if I have to download a certain .pbo from the server and edit it which ever. I tried searching the forum but had no luck maybe I need sleep.

Thanks,

Shisho

2 answers to this question

An external hoster is most time a good choice to start with, I did that too but in my opinion, you don't learn enough when using one and I often saw people talking about problems on these forums and in discord especially related to GTX Gaming. But I don't want to influence you, that's your decision.

Usually the HiveExt.ini is stored in the same folder like the server.cfg and the basic.cfg.
I don't know how GTX Gaming handles the folder structure but by default Epoch has a folder for that which is called the same like the instance you are using. For chernarus it would be "DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus".