Epoch Vehicles Unlockable By Anyone

DrMindBender

I have been getting reports from players on our servers that other players can unlock their vehicles while not grouped or affiliated with them. I was able to spawn in several vehicles and have other players try to unlock them. All of them were opened by the players. Was wondering if anyone had anything on this issue? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like there lockings arent correctly saved to the database or your vehiclelocktime is set to 0 which isnt set by default. Default vehicles are locked for 30 minutes. If you spawn a vehicle im not sure if it has an owner yet. So players might be able to unlock them

Thanks for the response. What I had done, was I spawned in a vehicle first. Then got inside so that it would assign ownership to me. I hopped out, locked it, and asked a player to come open it. He was able to open it without issue. I repeated this several times with the same results. However, I will look into the database and vehiclelocktime to see if things somehow have been changed. Thanks again and I will post an update with the findings. 

The current vehicle lock time is set at: vehicleLockTime = 2559200; 

That should be 48 hours if we are correct. Upon further review, the vehicles are not showing steam UID's associated with the vehicle its self. It is showing the steam UID's for the objects stored inside of the vehicles however. It would seem that the ownership of the vehicles is not being saved properly if we are correct. Any suggestions?

Thank you - to elaborate, I caused the saving of vehicle lock data to fail when I extended the time after which the lock expires (  vehicleLockTime = 2559200;  ). Placing the time in quotes should address this issue.

Also, I would like to extend a very big Thank You to He-Man who put in quite a bit of work and back and forth to identify the cause of the problem.