Dango

Sarge AI

Alright, I pushed a minor update to fix and prevent some things.

• All chernarus maps will now use a single grid file and a single groups file to prevent confusion between various chernarus maps.
  • Commented out incompatible features till I can make them compatible with epoch.
  • Replaced arma 3 helicopter to use the epoch version for heli crashes.

Some things I am still working on:

• Replacing basic arma 3 weapons/items/vests/uniforms with epoch versions.
  • The best method for UPSMON scripts.
  • Base guards to work with the epoch base objects.

1 hour ago, Dango said:

Essentially, yes it is. The code block for the supported maps is a bit old but for the most part the guide works the same.  Just no longer using the try/catch method for custom error handling. You need to create a mission, save it, add the sarge files and turn on all the debug options. Then save and reload the editor mission. Preview the mission and open the map. You will see the grid and then you adjust it in the files and keep reloading till it is where you want it.

Oh I see! The mission.sqm part was what was confusing me really. Imma give this a shot and see how it turns out on Bornholm! :)

1 minute ago, Berntsen said:

Oh I see! The mission.sqm part was what was confusing me really. Imma give this a shot and see how it turns out on Bornholm! :)

Cool. If you get it going I will add in the files if you like.

I went ahead and pushed a very minor update 2.2.8 that now runs the UPSMON scripts from the mission PBO. This will no doubt increase the mission PBO size but will significantly increase the performance of the AI all around. I finally have some free time and I expect to push out another update with some much needed changes either today or tomorrow.

After hours of testing I have released 2.3.0. There was a major overhaul of the code placement and variables regarding loadout arrays. Changes are as follows:

- [Fix] Fixed a bug causing friendly AI to have head wraps.
- [New] AI women have been added to the spawn function.
- [Change] AI Skills decreased to 10% multiplied by a maximum of 2 bringing the highest possible skill level to 20%.
- [Change] AI loadout variable names were changed to a more uniform template to simplify the customization process.
- [Change] Major changes to code blocks and variables were done to make customizing more intuitive for server owners.
- [Change] AI are tied to nuisance, rewarding players an +10 points for bandit kills and -20 points for friendly kills.

Known Issues
    - Error Undefined variable in expression: upsmon_guer_total